Home Ratings & Reviews

Cigar.com Sun Grown Label

HaybletHayblet Posts: 2,429 ✭✭✭
Ok took some time with getting this review done so I hope it's as good as my previous ones..

Sun Grown!
Lemme know what you think gentlemen.

Comments

• sightunseensightunseen Posts: 2,130 ✭✭
    Nice review. I'm going to have to get a sampler and check it out.
  • wwhwangwwhwang Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭
    Nice! Remind me to pick up a few after I move.
  • KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
    nice review spence, sounds like a good cigar. I can't wait to try one of these.

"Long ashes my friends."

• TatuajeVITatuajeVI Posts: 2,378
    Nice review, I even left a comment for you. :)
  • denniskingdennisking Posts: 3,703 ✭✭✭
    nice review. its a good reminder as to why we are CCom buyers and not CI buyers. the guys at Ccom really put some heart and soul in to their company and this is proof, as with all the house blends. it's easy for a cigar distributor to get some seconds or some weak ass blend and slap a house label on it, but for a company to get multiple master blenders to make their house blends and develop the product so the experience is a great one is what makes them tops. score one for CCom. looking forward to trying the Sun Grown.
  • t_evan50t_evan50 Posts: 1,725
    dennisking:
    nice review. its a good reminder as to why we are CCom buyers and not CI buyers. the guys at Ccom really put some heart and soul in to their company and this is proof, as with all the house blends. it's easy for a cigar distributor to get some seconds or some weak ass blend and slap a house label on it, but for a company to get multiple master blenders to make their house blends and develop the product so the experience is a great one is what makes them tops. score one for CCom. looking forward to trying the Sun Grown.
    +1
  • cabinetmakercabinetmaker Posts: 2,560 ✭✭
    I just bought a box of torps. Can't wait to try them.
  • Thanks for the review, been thinking about trying these. Glad payday is coming around.
  • doromathdoromath Posts: 576
    Nice review!

Definitely looking forward to trying these, and glad you're bringing some to the herf to trade! :D
  • j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    dennisking:
    Not saying I don't agree, but what about the CI Legends series, that's a house line made by different master blenders, and if one wanted to compare apples to apples the CI Legends would come out on top for the fact that each blend is from a different, well respected company and they're all long filler.

I'm not knocking the ccom house line, but someone had to play devil's advocate. ;)
    Smoking a torp rott right now. Really liking it.
  • denniskingdennisking Posts: 3,703 ✭✭✭
    j0z3r:
    dennisking:
    Not saying I don't agree, but what about the CI Legends series, that's a house line made by different master blenders, and if one wanted to compare apples to apples the CI Legends would come out on top for the fact that each blend is from a different, well respected company and they're all long filler.

I'm not knocking the ccom house line, but someone had to play devil's advocate. ;)
    Joe, they don't count. I'm playing ignorant.
    in reality though, I don't know what kind of attention the CI guys give to the blending process. with the Ccom stuff, the higher ups are taking an active blending role which is very cool
    dennisking:
    j0z3r:
    dennisking:

in reality though, I don't know what kind of attention the CI guys give to the blending process. with the Ccom stuff, the higher ups are taking an active blending role which is very cool
    Apples to oranges (and also slightly off-topic), but Ccom is the only retailer I've ever heard of that has allowed their customers to participate in creating a blend.
  • j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    dennisking:
    j0z3r:
    dennisking:

fair enough, ccom does seem to take a large interest in being involved, so I do give credit where it's due. One thing in particular that I do like about the CI Legends is that each blend is made by a different master blender, so you get a lot of diversity from one blend to the next. I guess I'm on the fence, I love the awesome customer service from ccom, but as house lines go my love is for the Legends, if for now other reason than the Manuel Quesada blend being spectacular is every way.
  • Joeyjoe21_8Joeyjoe21_8 Posts: 2,048
    I just got one today and seriously thinking of lighting this bad boy up tonight!
  • HaybletHayblet Posts: 2,429 ✭✭✭
    I figured you hadn't had a chance at one yet so when you won the lottery (grrr :P) figured I'd launch one out to you, I've had about 4 or 5 of them already and if I wasn't going to Atlanta on Saturday I'd order another box.
  • Joeyjoe21_8Joeyjoe21_8 Posts: 2,048
    well i am stoked to give it a shot...I have never had a sun grown cigar...not even the rocky sun grown...i lit up hays on time cuz he gave me one, and it was so dam plugged I couldnt get anything out of it at all...it was stupid..
    I smoked a RP Sun Grown the other day and had a C.Com Sun Grown today and still prefer the C.Com blend over Rocky's Rocky's just had better burn time but flavors were very close to one another.
  • YankeeManYankeeMan Posts: 2,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Brothers, dive in. I first ordered the robusto and really enjoyed them and now just got my order of torps and I am enjoying them also. Great smoke, no burn issues.

I really think for the price, you can't beat them. Maybe even at a higher price... (Don't listen ccom!)
  • Russ55Russ55 Posts: 2,765 ✭✭
    YankeeMan:
    Brothers, dive in. I first ordered the robusto and really enjoyed them and now just got my order of torps and I am enjoying them also. Great smoke, no burn issues.

I really think for the price, you can't beat them. Maybe even at a higher price... (Don't listen ccom!)
    Any difference or preference between the two sizes?
  • docbp87docbp87 Posts: 3,521
    About to light up one of the Churchills I got from Kelly over the weekend. Looks and smells amazing.
  • i just had my first tonite....very nice.....love the taste...i believe it was my first sungrown ever.....i have a rp sungrown.....but i havent gotten arnd to smoking it....i will try it tomorrow night.....but ccom does a very nice job wth their cigars....thanks guys...and for the price, you cant go wrong...i split a box of torps with a fellow botl on this forum....cant wait to get them in the mail.....
  • docbp87docbp87 Posts: 3,521
    Initial thoughts... Lots of sweetness and cedar initially, spice and heat pick up around the half mark, pepper, cedar, and cinnamon like flavors. Had some draw issues. Nothing big. For a $2.00 stick it was fantastic. Would make a great every day kind of smoke.
  • u nailed it on the head
    Cut into my second one this morning. Found something I've never seen before:

imageimage

this is what I pulled our, it ran the full length and I could not cut it with my cutter.

• Russ55Russ55 Posts: 2,765 ✭✭
    Wow. That's not good. At least it isn't a pubic hair...
    Interesting...what is it? I guess it is literally a mixed-filler cigar.
    Can't say I've ever seen anything that resembles a hair come out of a stick before... that's really quite an odd one there Cabbie. I do have to admit this is "my" most popular review thread even if everyone doesn't exactly comment on my review :P
    It smoked just fine, small bit of tunneling last third but otherwise another fine offering.
  • t_evan50t_evan50 Posts: 1,725
    Smoking the corona as I right this. Burn is a tad quick but it is still rather fresh. Great flavor. Right up there with the big label sungrowns