Home Non Cigar Related

Best Multi-Tool

LasabarLasabar Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
I'm watching a "How do they do it?" episode on TV and they are making a swiss army knife...

Now the man in me is saying... "How come I don't have such a handy tool?"

But my question is, what is the best multipurpose tool that can be carried in a pocket (and MAYBE on a belt if it's absolutely bad azz)

Is Swiss Army the best? or Leatherman? or others?

Discuss!

Comments

• sightunseensightunseen Posts: 2,130 ✭✭
    Xikar has an awesome cigar multi-tool.
  • cabinetmakercabinetmaker Posts: 2,560 ✭✭
    sightunseen:
    Xikar has an awesome cigar multi-tool.
    +1

Swiss army also makes one with cigar cutters in the place of scissors.
  • LasabarLasabar Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
    What's the best one without regards to cigars? Just has everything? If it has a cigar cutter that'd be okay, but I just want a bad-ace multi-tool in my pocket
  • vegassparkyvegassparky Posts: 365
    I always carry my leatherman....only cause i cant get Mc Gyver's
  • j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    I love that show. That was a cool segment too.
  • gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    Lasabar:
    What's the best one without regards to cigars? Just has everything? If it has a cigar cutter that'd be okay, but I just want a bad-ace multi-tool in my pocket

I think the best multi-tool is the one God gave you . Just look ... You can carry your underwear/towel/washcloth to the shower draped over it. It can give you entertainment/pleasure when your by yourself or with your wife/girlfriend etc. It makes zippers useful. When properly paired with a person of the opposite sex it can result in little people. As these little people grow older they are quite useful. You can put them to work to make you money. You can train them to bring you all kinds of chit you need ( beer, tv remote, magazines , shoes, pets, CIGARS and lighter , you get the idea ) They will tend to ( if they like you ) buy you stuff as they get older like birthday cards and presents, fathers day gifts, surprise cigars and other cool stuff . As they get older and join team activities like football and baseball and what not this will give you an opportunity to mingle with other dads and moms who have also used thier multi-tools to make little people ( sometimes resulting in friendships and the opportunity to smoke MORE CIGARS !!! ) Just tell me that this is not the most BAD AZZZZ Tool going hands down !!! I have officially started my birthday drinking early , hey its Friday already right ???
  • ENFIDLENFIDL Posts: 5,836
    Gerber. I've had numerous ones throughout the years and the one I broke I had had it for about 3 years at that point and I called and they promptly sent me a replacement and a box to ship my old one back. I still own all the ones dating back to their original series. Couldn't be happier.
  • lilwing88lilwing88 Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭
    Hands down, the best multi-tool on the market.........

The Crank by Surefire
    Guns don't kill people, Daddies with pretty daughters do…..
  • xmacroxmacro Posts: 3,402
    This tool gets the ladies:

This tool keeps you safe:

Through the power of deduction, therefore, this combination is the best of all:
  • HaysHays Posts: 2,337 ✭✭✭
    gmill880:
    Lasabar:

I think the best multi-tool is the one God gave you . Just look ... You can carry your underwear/towel/washcloth to the shower draped over it. It can give you entertainment/pleasure when your by yourself or with your wife/girlfriend etc. It makes zippers useful. When properly paired with a person of the opposite sex it can result in little people. As these little people grow older they are quite useful. You can put them to work to make you money. You can train them to bring you all kinds of chit you need ( beer, tv remote, magazines , shoes, pets, CIGARS and lighter , you get the idea ) They will tend to ( if they like you ) buy you stuff as they get older like birthday cards and presents, fathers day gifts, surprise cigars and other cool stuff . As they get older and join team activities like football and baseball and what not this will give you an opportunity to mingle with other dads and moms who have also used thier multi-tools to make little people ( sometimes resulting in friendships and the opportunity to smoke MORE CIGARS !!! ) Just tell me that this is not the most BAD AZZZZ Tool going hands down !!! I have officially started my birthday drinking early , hey its Friday already right ???
    OMG Gene...I seriously laughed my a$$ off reading this
    ¨The cure for anything is salt water: sweat, tears, or the sea¨ - Isak Dinesen

¨Only two people walk around in this world beardless - boys and women - and I am neither one.¨
  • sightunseensightunseen Posts: 2,130 ✭✭
    xmac- who is that alluring lady with the gun?
    xmacro:
    This tool gets the ladies:

This tool keeps you safe:

Through the power of deduction, therefore, this combination is the best of all:
    this man takes tools to another level.
  • LeftFiveLeftFive Posts: 184 ✭✭
    Sparky, since you joined, I've always had a faint mental stirring about your name. I was just checking up on the Glowing Spyderco on EDCF, saw the same name and finally made the connection.
    I lurk pretty hard there.

I've always thought about getting a Leathermen Skeletool CX, and have read mostly positive reviews on it.
    Does anyone have one?

Most multi-tools are too bulky/heavy for me to consider carrying.

Sight, the girl is Penny Mathis. I'd like to take credit for knowing that, but I used the TinEye plugin, a pretty handy reverse image searcher.
    LeftFive:
    Sparky, since you joined, I've always had a faint mental stirring about your name. I was just checking up on the Glowing Spyderco on EDCF, saw the same name and finally made the connection.
    I lurk pretty hard there, never posted tho.

I've always thought about getting a Leathermen Skeletool CX, and have read mostly positive reviews on it.
    Does anyone have one?

Most multi-tools are too bulky/heavy for me to consider carrying.
    there is another vegassparky in this small world?... i dont go on that forum!
  • LeftFiveLeftFive Posts: 184 ✭✭
    hah weird! It even said he's an electrician, tho I suppose that's where the nickname comes from.
    I'll let him know he needs to find a new name so I don't get confused anymore.
  • What I used to carry until my ex threw it out.

Kershaw leek designed by Ken Onion
    http://cn1.kaboodle.com/hi/img/a/0/0/a/2/AAAACjM-1NcAAAAAAAovww.jpg?v=1156765727000

What I'm getting when I get my feet back on the ground.

Kershaw ZT-400 designed by Ken Onion
    http://www.warriorsandwonders.com/images/ZT400.png

I think that a knife is about as much of a multi tool as you need. It's not heavy/clumsy, they have many different uses, and usually they sit easily in you pocket.
  • gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    Hays:
    gmill880:
    Lasabar:

OMG Gene...I seriously laughed my a$$ off reading this

Haha ...you know its true though ...