Home Ratings & Reviews

Nestor Miranda Special Selection

docbp87docbp87 Posts: 3,521
Fantastic. Had the Coffee Break size. Lasted exactly an hour, and is jam packed with Cocoa, deep woody flavors, and a really smooth mellow spice. Highly recommended. Anyone had one? CA put it at #25 for 2009.
Full review with photos here: NM SS @ SMOKE INTO OBLIV

Comments

• kaipocruz1kaipocruz1 Posts: 61 ✭✭
    I had a 10 pack of robustos a while back and smoked through them real fast! Great smoke, especially for the coin. I would have to go on record and say that there was nothing mellow about the spice during the first inch of these cigars...pretty big bold spice in my opinion. On another thought, along with the 10-pack of these special selections...my sampler came with a 10-pack of la aurora 1495 in the robusto size as well. I thought that the 1495 had tons of flavor but was a tad sweet for my taste. La Aurora (although slightly under the radar) puts out some nice stuff!
  • martymcg43martymcg43 Posts: 396
    i've been meaning to try these... i've had the Special Selection oscuro Ruky size which is the short salomon size... and it was a very good smoke.
  • lilwing88lilwing88 Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭
    docbp87:
    Fantastic. Had the Coffee Break size. Lasted exactly an hour, and is jam packed with Cocoa, deep woody flavors, and a really smooth mellow spice. Highly recommended. Anyone had one? CA put it at #25 for 2009.
    Full review with photos here: NM SS @ SMOKE INTO OBLIV
    Was this the Oscuro wrapper that you reviewed? That's the one I've had..... many times. It's one of my regulars.
    Guns don't kill people, Daddies with pretty daughters do…..
  • martymcg43martymcg43 Posts: 396
    the pictures look like the rosado wrapper...
  • docbp87docbp87 Posts: 3,521
    Photos are deceptive. It was the Oscuro. Sorry for not mentioning it anywhere.
  • HaysHays Posts: 2,337 ✭✭✭
    I've had this one a couple times, but the first one was the best. It was at a Miranda event, and Nestor Miranda himself was there... Prices were half-off for the event, so it cost me all of $5 to fire up a stick and smoke with Nestor Miranda as we chatted over an hour about boating and cigars. Hellova bargain as far as I'm concerned, and a damn priceless memory. In other words, I'm a little biased in favor of this stick.
    ¨The cure for anything is salt water: sweat, tears, or the sea¨ - Isak Dinesen

¨Only two people walk around in this world beardless - boys and women - and I am neither one.¨
  • Joeyjoe21_8Joeyjoe21_8 Posts: 2,048
    I remember that, too bad I couldnt stay a little longer...dam free opening of iron man 2 and the beer from original peets! lol