Home General Discussion

Zebrawood & Walnut Humidor

This one is coming out nicely.... I think the walnut goes great with the zebrawood.... I can't wait to get further along with her.... She's 16" x 12" x 9" and should yield right around 250 count... This one is not spoken for so, we'll see where she winds up... image

Comments

• Joeyjoe21_8Joeyjoe21_8 Posts: 2,048
    she is gorgeous.....zebra wood is one of my favorite woods ever....such beauty to it...such uniquness.....goreous man...just gorgeous
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    waxingmoon,

do you want/need an apprentice?
    i would love to learn some of the tricks of that trade.

i am always amazed at your artistry.
  • ENFIDLENFIDL Posts: 5,836
    That's looking very very nice! Zeebrawood is awesome!
  • HeavyHeavy Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭
    Awesome, as always. Also, let me be the first on the forum to welcome you to good ol' South Cackalacky. My sister, my in-laws and several friends live in Charleston - one of my favorite cities in the world. Whenever I have the means, I'm going to look you up and have you make me something really nice. I can already envision a nice ebony and cherrywood USC themed humi someday in the future! (unfortunately probably the somewhat distant future! lol)
  • SmokeeeSmokeee Posts: 220
    Very unique the zebra wood!
  • HaybletHayblet Posts: 2,429 ✭✭✭
    if I thought I could even remotely afford it Moon I would throw my name in the hat for that Humi
  • KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
    Hayblet:
    if I thought I could even remotely afford it Moon I would throw my name in the hat for that Humi
    Hayblet....don't you ever sleep??? lol ;)

"Long ashes my friends."

Krieg:
    Hayblet:
    Hayblet....don't you ever sleep??? lol ;)
    By the time I got home last night I made a few posts/blogs and passed out around 8:30-ish and was back up at and at em' by 4am having a Diesel UC for breakfast ^ ^
  • She's really coming along.... I can't wait to get her cleaned up and oiled. She's sanded down to 220.... the lid is cut off... just need to mount the hardware and line her with Spanish Cedar...

I threw a little mineral spirits on the lid to try to get an idea of what she'll look like.... Mineral spirits evaporates to quickly to enjoy for long... but, you can get the idea...

• That looks great! I love the insert in the lid.
  • jship079jship079 Posts: 621
    that just made me cry a little
  • zebra wood has been one of my favorites for a long time, and this is just truly amazing! awesome job man
  • She officially became a humidor today.... I have her lined and the hinges & lid stay mounted.... and even got her oiled up.... This is my favorite one of the bunch so far.... By the way... this one is up for grabs.... This was not a custom order... I just built it along with the others...

Dare I ask asking price?
  • This one is tracking to be right at $540.... that's with a 3/4 tray & a 1/2 tray....
  • phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    If I could I'd buy that right now, fantastic, I mean fantastic work.
  • Well, this one is close to being finished. I did the tray work this evening... This has a 3/4 tray and a 1/2 tray and a crumb catcher.... This combination is my personal favorite.... a lot of flexibility in grabbing sticks on different levels with the trays able to slide around...