Home Non Cigar Related

Pipe Tobacco

Every now and again, I taste something so good, I have to share it with other BOTL. Today, I tasted something that good. I just discovered a fantastic blend from Cornell and Diehl and on my very first bowl, I can safely say, this has been added to my favorites of all time. Exhausted Rooster, a flake of Virginias, dark fired burley, and perique, is delicious. Share your favorite pipe tobaccos in this thread...

Comments

• jpclotfelterjpclotfelter Posts: 294
    Please...share your favorite pipe tobacco. I have been wanting to try a pipe for some time and need some advice.
  • ENFIDLENFIDL Posts: 5,836
    I was just looking at pipes the other day. I've smoked one a few times. I don't really know anything about pipes or pipe tobacco. I will have to do some research.....
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    a few of the guys around here know pipes. just ask. you may be surprised.
  • TatuajeVITatuajeVI Posts: 2,378
    I have a pipe, but I don't smoke often. Where did you get that brand/blend and how can I get some?
  • xmacroxmacro Posts: 3,402
    I like Captain Black (White pouch) or Borkum Riff (original, as well as Cherry).

If any of you guys buy a pipe, just remember that they'll crack if you don't season them right (so don't go buying a mersham pipe right off the bat - buy a cheap one to practice on)
  • HaysHays Posts: 2,337 ✭✭✭
    I have two pipes now, and about 6 or 7 blends. I wouldn't say I've completely fallen in love with any of them, but I have a couple I enjoy. They're local blends from a shop here. I really haven't smoked my pipe anywhere near as much lately as I used to. It'll probably pick up again coming with cooler weather.
    ¨The cure for anything is salt water: sweat, tears, or the sea¨ - Isak Dinesen

¨Only two people walk around in this world beardless - boys and women - and I am neither one.¨