Home Cigar 101

good daily smoke?

Looking for a good daily smoke that won't break the bank. Fairly new to the cigar world. I'm a big fan of drew estates. CAO as well. Open to sugestions. Thanks

Comments

• wwhwangwwhwang Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭
    That depends. Have you only smoked infused cigars so far? I'd suggest branching out into the more traditional non-infused brands if so. If you're a mild smoker, I suggest 5 Vegas Gold or Gurkha Park Avenue for a cheap, but good mild smoke. If you're looking for something just a tad stronger, I suggest Padilla Hybrid. Tastes like cinnamon, gentle spices, just a pinch of leather on the draw, and cedar. It's 20 cigars for 40 bucks (or cheaper, if you call in your order).

If you're looking for a cheaper medium to full strength cigar, I'd suggest 5 Vegas A or Nica Libre.
  • If you're a Drew Estate fan, try the Isla Del Sols. Cheap, good smoke, and in my opinion comparable to the Java's or Tabak Especials. I'm still looking for a cheaper traditional smoke, so that's all the help I have.

~Brian
  • sightunseensightunseen Posts: 2,130 ✭✭
    Wayne had some great suggestions withe 5 Vegas and Park Ave. Another cheap Gurkha offering I've heard good things about is the Cuban Legacy. A box can be had for around $40.
  • xmacroxmacro Posts: 3,402
    +1 to 5 Vegas. Both the Gold and Gold Maduro are good mild/mild-medium that don't cost much
  • docbp87docbp87 Posts: 3,521
    Padron x000 line is all good, both natural and maduro. Diesel, DPG Blue label, Sol Cubano CC, and Perdomo Lot 23 are all good inexpensive smokes.
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    whats
    your
    Everyday
    slash
    favorite
    smoke
    again
    and again
    and again

i post that in jest....
    its good to see it brought up from time to time. tastes change.

• DiamondogDiamondog Posts: 4,169
    You will be hard pressed to find better than a 5 Vegas Classic or Sol Cubano CC is that price range, ccom will go well below listed pricing on these...
  • bandyt09bandyt09 Posts: 4,335 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe not for someone new but I think for an inexpensive daily cigar the Gran Habano Vintage 2002 is hard to beat.
  • Joeyjoe21_8Joeyjoe21_8 Posts: 2,048
    yeah it really depends on what ur looking for...but bahia blu is a awesome cheapo stick with excellent flavors...any ccom blend is always good an cheap, gurkha blue steel and red steel are cheaper but excellent smokes.....and can never go wrong with a box of diesel at 3.33 a piece!
  • HaysHays Posts: 2,337 ✭✭✭
    Joeyjoe21_8:
    can never go wrong with a box of diesel at 3.33 a piece!
    Not the best recommendation for a beginning smoker, but I would second the CCom House Blends - can't beat the price point for quality for an everyday stick.
    ¨The cure for anything is salt water: sweat, tears, or the sea¨ - Isak Dinesen

¨Only two people walk around in this world beardless - boys and women - and I am neither one.¨
  • lilwing88lilwing88 Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭
    ctremblay187:
    Looking for a good daily smoke that won't break the bank. Fairly new to the cigar world. I'm a big fan of drew estates. CAO as well. Open to sugestions. Thanks
    To be honest, if you're new to the cigar world, don't bother yet with trying to find an everyday smoke. You're in the sampling phase. You should just be worried about trying everything you can get your hands on. You'll figure out, as you go along, what your preferences are in terms of body, strength and flavor. Then, once you've narrowed down your preferences a bit, you can look for an affordable every day smoke that fits.

For now, just try everything that looks good.
    Guns don't kill people, Daddies with pretty daughters do…..
  • NYHCx516xNYHCx516x Posts: 728
    lilwing88:
    ctremblay187:
    To be honest, if you're new to the cigar world, don't bother yet with trying to find an everyday smoke. You're in the sampling phase. You should just be worried about trying everything you can get your hands on. You'll figure out, as you go along, what your preferences are in terms of body, strength and flavor. Then, once you've narrowed down your preferences a bit, you can look for an affordable every day smoke that fits.

For now, just try everything that looks good.
    +1
  • Thanks for all the suggestions def was a good deal of help gonna get a box to sit on for a bit and still dabble around when funds are availible lol thanks again
  • fla-gypsyfla-gypsy Posts: 3,023 ✭✭
    There dozens and dozens of good smokes that can be had at less than $3 a piece that fill that niche.