Home Non Cigar Related

Blu e-cig

I just ordered an e-cig today, should be here next week. I'm really excited about it!

The comparison between traditional smoking and e-cigs is the biggest thing that pushed me to drop 60 on one. Has anyone heard anything negative about them? I've only heard rave reviews.

Comments

• wwhwangwwhwang Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭
    Why inhale nicotine vapors when you can just enjoy a cigar? :P It's mostly a more society-friendly alternative for cigarette smokers.
  • Andrew_DzikoskiAndrew_Dzikoski Posts: 381 ✭✭✭
    I have tried a few different brands didn't really like the blu but I do enjoyed the one from vapor4life I have one for when I can't be smoking a good cigar.
  • One2gofstOne2gofst Posts: 583
    These Filthy Hands:
    I just ordered an e-cig today, should be here next week. I'm really excited about it!

The comparison between traditional smoking and e-cigs is the biggest thing that pushed me to drop 60 on one. Has anyone heard anything negative about them? I've only heard rave reviews.
    Out of curiousity, are you on the USN?
  • stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Posts: 4,317
    To me that makes it seem like an addiction... why the hell would I want a nicotine blast?
    Cigars are about flavor... I see no point in this.

• LasabarLasabar Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
    stephen_hannibal:
    To me that makes it seem like an addiction... why the hell would I want a nicotine blast?

+1 on this. I think it's a great idea for cigarette smokers, but don't think I would ever do this
  • HaysHays Posts: 2,337 ✭✭✭
    Gentlemen

I would certainly wager a guess that he's not proposing it as an alternative to cigars. Many of us (though not myself) smoke cigarettes in addition to enjoying cigars. If this is the case with him, then such as thing as this alternative-cigarette would be something to encourage, as it will be more beneficial to his health...rather than belittling the idea.
    ¨The cure for anything is salt water: sweat, tears, or the sea¨ - Isak Dinesen

¨Only two people walk around in this world beardless - boys and women - and I am neither one.¨
  • LeftFiveLeftFive Posts: 184 ✭✭
    Also, you could smoke in the shower/work/airplanes/movies!
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    stephen_hannibal:

TFH also smokes cigarettes. our work just went non smoking.
  • kuzi16:
    stephen_hannibal:

TFH also smokes cigarettes. our work just went non smoking.
    I smoke way to much. No, I'm not proposing an e-cig as an alternative to cigars. I'm looking for an alternative to cigarette smoking. I've heard nothing but good things about them from many people. Honestly, I'm tired of waking up every morning a hacking up tar. I'm not ready to quit smoking I'm just looking for an alternative route to it. It still give me what I (I hate to say it) need.
  • One2gofst:
    These Filthy Hands:

No, actually I do not even know what that is.
  • quix24quix24 Posts: 66
    They were really popular on my last deployment. Everybody that had one didn't have to go to the smoke pit to use it. After reading about them they seem to be a healthier alternative.
  • LasabarLasabar Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
    LeftFive:
    If no one else will comment on this post, I will..... Well done sir, well done!
  • stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Posts: 4,317
    Lasabar:
    LeftFive:
    If no one else will comment on this post, I will..... Well done sir, well done!
    Good eye Laserbeak. I didn't even see the link.
  • That link was ridiculous!!!
  • One2gofstOne2gofst Posts: 583
    These Filthy Hands:
    One2gofst:
    These Filthy Hands:

No, actually I do not even know what that is.
    No worries. It is another forum. On their Tobacco Talk subforum the other day someone poste a couple threads about Blue e-cigs and the timeing was just really close and throught there might be another USN'r here.

Take care
  • So, it came in this weekend. It's awesome. I've only had 5 cigs in 3 days! It works wonders. My lungs are already feeling better, I'm hacking up nasty tar crap. and I'm not a *** at work. The only down side is the battery life is not that great. It's a sacrifice that I'm willing to make.
  • My wife tired one, but she missed to smell to much. Now it sits in the drawer and is only used if we need to travel with family in the car.
  • Big T smokesBig T smokes Posts: 211
    I have a few questions for those of you who have used it if you don't mind. 1) Is the e-cig really healthier than cigarettes? 2) Do you get a satisfying drag off of it? 3) Does it taste good?
  • Andrew_DzikoskiAndrew_Dzikoski Posts: 381 ✭✭✭
    I really shouldn't be supporting this but Honestly. 1 Yes much cigarettes have over 50 nitrosamines in moderate level e-cigs only about 4 in trace levels. 2. Yes some models and even certain flavors give a more satisfying feeling than others. 3. Depends on the flavor you go with and the maker. The company I get mine from has blueberry which is one of my favs as is green tea.
  • Big T smokesBig T smokes Posts: 211
    thanks for the info. I'm justc urious i mean I'm not going to take this info as bonafide fact just looking for honest people sayign honest things about the product. I'm not much of a cig smoker these days but I sure dont mind the idea of smoking in home or in public without stinking otu the joint. Can you smoke indoors without it becoming hazardous to the conditions aroudn yoru hosue and whatnot?
  • You definitly can smoke in public places. It dosen't smell at all. The vapor goes away in less than two seconds.
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    you smoke that thing like its your job.
  • kuzi16:
    you smoke that thing like its your job.
    Yeah, I do. I still follow the rules of hot times though.