Home Cigar 101

Suggestions..

This is the first actual post I have written since I joined this site, but just wanted to get a few suggestions...

I have only been smoking cigars for just under a year but I have tended to lean towards full bodied. Being 21, and still in college, this can be somewhat of an expensive hobby therefore I tend to usually only have one about once a week. Having said that I do not mind spending a lot on a cigar if i know its going to be worth it. Soooo, any suggestions would be very helpful, thanks a lot.

Comments

• sightunseensightunseen Posts: 2,130 ✭✭
    Welcome to the forums.

You want full-body at a great price? Cu-Avana Intenso. There are always deals on these sticks and at deal prices, they could be everyday smokes even with a student budget.

Full-body at a good price? MOW Ruination. There are also regular deals on these as well. Also check out El Cobre. I see deals on them less often, but $90 for a bundle of 25 isn't bad.

Full-body for special occasions? Anything LFD.
  • Joeyjoe21_8Joeyjoe21_8 Posts: 2,048
    Diesels are great here and only come out to be 3.50 a stick if u buy boxes......they are great cigars
  • bigharpoonbigharpoon Posts: 2,963 ✭✭✭
    Welcome to the forum. There are a lot of good deals on Don Pepin Garcia cigars, often sampler packs. Great stuff, some of my favorites.
  • xmacroxmacro Posts: 3,402
    Since you're new to cigars, I gotta ask - do you mean full-flavored, or full-bodied? Or both?

• TatuajeVITatuajeVI Posts: 2,378
    Welcome to the forums! Stick around!
    sightunseen:
    Welcome to the forums.

You want full-body at a great price? Cu-Avana Intenso. There are always deals on these sticks and at deal prices, they could be everyday smokes even with a student budget.

Full-body at a good price? MOW Ruination. There are also regular deals on these as well. Also check out El Cobre. I see deals on them less often, but $90 for a bundle of 25 isn't bad.

Full-body for special occasions? Anything LFD.
    Solid suggestions. Some other full-strength, full-flavored cigars that I love: Joya de Nicaragua Dark Corojo, El Triunfador Lancero (original blend), Diesel Shorty, CAO Brazillia, Don Pepin Garcia Cuban Classic and many, many more.
  • @xmacro, I actually mean full-bodied. Flavor wise I still have not narrowed down my preferences yet, having not tried very many yet im still in my sampling phase, but I definitely enjoy full-bodied cigars.

@TatuajeVI & sightunseen, I actually have a Ruination, Brazillia, and JdN Dark Corojo in my humidor right now. lol I have heard a lot of good things about the Diesel but have not seen it at the local cigar shop i frequent.

Thanks a lot so far, keep'em coming. lol
  • sightunseensightunseen Posts: 2,130 ✭✭
    dhall6:
    @xmacro, I actually mean full-bodied. Flavor wise I still have not narrowed down my preferences yet, having not tried very many yet im still in my sampling phase, but I definitely enjoy full-bodied cigars. @TatuajeVI & sightunseen, I actually have a Ruination, Brazillia, and JdN Dark Corojo in my humidor right now. lol I have heard a lot of good things about the Diesel but have not seen it at the local cigar shop i frequent. Thanks a lot so far, keep'em coming. lol
    All of the suggestions have been great. You haven't seen Diesels because AJ's blends have so far been cataloge/internet-centric. B&Ms don't take kindly to places like Ccom so they usually don't stock AJ's blends.
  • SchroozSchrooz Posts: 165
    I just had a stick of La Herencia Oscuro Fuerte. Good stuff.
  • Ohh ok, yeah i've seen quite a few on CCom that i have not there so i'll definitely have to throw it in the batch to order next time I get paid. I have heard good things about the La Herencia Oscuro too so I will add that one as well.

How about any of the CCom labels? I've read pretty good things about them and was considering ordering their sampler just to try them all out considering it is very inexpensive.
  • KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
    dhall6:
    Ohh ok, yeah i've seen quite a few on CCom that i have not there so i'll definitely have to throw it in the batch to order next time I get paid. I have heard good things about the La Herencia Oscuro too so I will add that one as well. How about any of the CCom labels? I've read pretty good things about them and was considering ordering their sampler just to try them all out considering it is very inexpensive.
    Ccom blends are pretty good, some better than others. I love the Red Label and Brazilian label. One cigar you might want to try is the Oliva Serie V, you shouldn't have any problem finding this in your local B&M. It's a full bodied cigar, starts out smooth, but it will sneak up on you! Don't smoke it on an empty stomach.

"Long ashes my friends."

• sightunseen:
    dhall6:
    @xmacro, I actually mean full-bodied. Flavor wise I still have not narrowed down my preferences yet, having not tried very many yet im still in my sampling phase, but I definitely enjoy full-bodied cigars. @TatuajeVI & sightunseen, I actually have a Ruination, Brazillia, and JdN Dark Corojo in my humidor right now. lol I have heard a lot of good things about the Diesel but have not seen it at the local cigar shop i frequent. Thanks a lot so far, keep'em coming. lol
    All of the suggestions have been great. You haven't seen Diesels because AJ's blends have so far been cataloge/internet-centric. B&Ms don't take kindly to places like Ccom so they usually don't stock AJ's blends.
    If I recall correctly Diesel is distributed by M&D so you'd just need to find a B&M that carries their brands and ask, I'm sure they'd get some in.

As for cigars you should grab a Partagas Black Label, amazing cigar and can be found for around $5 a cigar.
  • Brocatus............................... No one on this site ever comments on this cigar, either in the forum or as a review under the product section. That other site has 35 reviews with 34 of them being fairly positive. Has anyone here ever tried them, for themselves or as handouts? At just over a buck a piece it makes me wonder..........
  • stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Posts: 4,317
    I have a few... I'll check it out.
  • robbyrasrobbyras Posts: 5,487
    dhall6:
    Ohh ok, yeah i've seen quite a few on CCom that i have not there so i'll definitely have to throw it in the batch to order next time I get paid. I have heard good things about the La Herencia Oscuro too so I will add that one as well. How about any of the CCom labels? I've read pretty good things about them and was considering ordering their sampler just to try them all out considering it is very inexpensive.
    I've had 3 of the Ccom labels... LOVE the Brazilian and the Sun-Grown... did NOT like the Cuban label...

the Brazilian is a beauty, nice and creamy... i;m getting married on Sunday and have a box of them on hand for people to smoke... I just had the Sun Grown the other day, fresh off the truck and I was impressed... give them a few months of rest and they will be really nice... i'm probably gonna have to get a box of them as well... good stuff...