Home Ratings & Reviews

Sol Cubano Cuban Cabinet no.1

Smoked a SCCC no.1 tonight to review for the blog. Pretty good smoke. Nothing that blew my socks off, but that the price they run, they are a fantastic every day type option. I wouldn't say that it reminded me particularly of any Habano I've had, but it has a decent flavor profile (nothing complex) and performs flawlessly. Review and photos posted at SMOKE INTO OBLIVION. Thanks for checking it out, and be sure to discuss!

Comments

• First time I smoked one of these I thought they were terrible. I let them rest for a few months and now I'm a fan. Great for the price. Very underrated AJ stick, but they need some time.
  • j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    Try one with 18+ months on it and the flavor profile might just strike you as cubanesque, they mellow and mature wonderfully. Also, while I do like the #1 vitola, the #4 is far and away the shining star of the line.
  • stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Posts: 4,317
    Am I the only person that doesn't like these?
    I might have to revisit it.

• The SniperThe Sniper Posts: 3,910
    stephen_hannibal:
    Am I the only person that doesn't like these?
    I might have to revisit it.

Dang Stephen, wish I would have seen this post BEFORE I launched on you recently! And yes, I think you may be the only person on the planet who doesn't like these... I strongly suggest you re-visit them at some point. Would hate to see you miss out on a really good stick!

• docbp87docbp87 Posts: 3,521
    j0z3r:
    Try one with 18+ months on it and the flavor profile might just strike you as cubanesque, they mellow and mature wonderfully. Also, while I do like the #1 vitola, the #4 is far and away the shining star of the line.
    Will do!
  • t_evan50t_evan50 Posts: 1,725
    I actually gave one of these to my wife and she enjoyed it. I like em if i'm looking for a good medium smoke w/t a healthy amount of flavor. Very smooth as well.