Home Cigar 101

Palio

LasabarLasabar Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
I love this cutter... I've never used a Xikar, but I have the same style of cutter from Colibri (Firebird) and I could not get used to it... I'd always break the cap or twist it to get an uneven cap etc...

My Palio is awesome and it has a warranty that if you take it to ANY place that sells Palio they will just replace it for free, no sending it in...

Now, I know that a cutter is a personal thing and that you will each find your favorite, but the Palio is the best one for me!

Comments

• phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    post a pic buddy, I'm more of a visual person...
  • LasabarLasabar Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
    phobicsquirrel:
    Here ya go, the blades are curved for a 360 degree cut (supposedly) but it's smooth as silk and has a lifetime warranty!
    Photobucket
    I also like in the top right of both sides it has an official BOTL badge.... Hmmmm I wonder if they would make a BORK one for US!?
  • docbp87docbp87 Posts: 3,521
    Lasabar:
    I also like in the top right of both sides it has an official BOTL badge.... Hmmmm I wonder if they would make a BORK one for US!?
    The BOTL logo is because a company called Brotherhood of the Leaf LLC owns/produces Palio cutters. Personally, the Palio is probably the only cutter I will ever use again. I F'ing love my Palio. It has yet to give a cut that was anything less that perfect.
  • kos22uskos22us Posts: 47
    i have the carbon fiber black xikar xi3 cutter, which is kind of odd because im not into the flashy stuff and never ever buy the most or more expensive things, i just happen to had some extra cash that day and bought it, at any rate i like mine very much and its the first cutter i have really used, but i can see how with its particular design most people are going to either love or hate with not much going on in the middle, i really like the look of your palio cutter and havent heard anything bad about it, deff. would like to try one someday, and the warranty I mean come on thats a great deal
  • jsnakejsnake Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Xikar for life! I have tried all others and nothing compares to Xikar. Xikar's lifetime warranty is tops with less than 2% of products returned. Not to mention the monthly donations to our troops. I have been able to visit their offices twice in Kansas City and what a great bunch of people behind that business. Not knocking Palio but I made my personal choice after trying a few cutters. Palio is better then Colibri but neither compares to my Xikar IMO. I have 2 Xikar cutters and 2 Xikar lighters and I won't use anything else. By the way if you get the chance try the Xikar v cutter - it is amazing!
  • Lasabar:
    I love this cutter... I've never used a Xikar, but I have the same style of cutter from Colibri (Firebird) and I could not get used to it... I'd always break the cap or twist it to get an uneven cap etc...

My Palio is awesome and it has a warranty that if you take it to ANY place that sells Palio they will just replace it for free, no sending it in...

Now, I know that a cutter is a personal thing and that you will each find your favorite, but the Palio is the best one for me!
    I've found the secret to the Xikar's is to lay the cutter on the table, lighter, etc as long as it's flat and then put the cigar in and do a quick clipping motion, always a perfect draw, you never cut too much and it's always even.

Moot point I guess since you love your Palio, but I'd love to try one one day.
  • j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    I've wanted a Palio cutter for some time now. I don't know that I'd get one now that I picked up a set of Xikar folding scissors, I love those and doubt I'll use another cutter ever again.
    TheDrifter:
    Lasabar:

I've found the secret to the Xikar's is to lay the cutter on the table, lighter, etc as long as it's flat and then put the cigar in and do a quick clipping motion, always a perfect draw, you never cut too much and it's always even.

Moot point I guess since you love your Palio, but I'd love to try one one day.
    I guess that would work! I never did that, but I would think it would work... Would look a little strange at the B&M though!
  • phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    Nice cutter. I like my i3 though.
  • One2gofstOne2gofst Posts: 583
    Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but to say a Xikar is "better" than a Palio is simply not true. You may prefer one to the other, but that doesn't make it better. I've used crappy cutters and I have used fine cutters. The only cutter I use anymore is Palio.
  • stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Posts: 4,317
    I love the look of that cutter!!!! Hmmm I love my Xikar products though I really need a new V-cutter though.

• xmacroxmacro Posts: 3,402
    Perfect cutter (the name) - this thing gives a perfect cut every time with the backing plate

• sirfoster83sirfoster83 Posts: 783
    Lasabar:
    phobicsquirrel:
    Here ya go, the blades are curved for a 360 degree cut (supposedly) but it's smooth as silk and has a lifetime warranty!
    Photobucket
    If it functions as good as it looks I'd grab one. Problem is I've never even heard of them or seen one until now
  • FourtotheflushFourtotheflush Posts: 2,555
    Ive used soem randoms until I got my xi2. I love it. never used a palio before.
  • I own 2 xikar's and it was kinda a personnal choice. I used a xikar for the first time here in Iraq and decided to buy a couple. One I leave here in Baghdad and one in the states since I can't travel with it except in checked baggage and I never check a bag. I have looked at the Palio's. The one I like the best is the wood looking one. I may still end up with it at some point. I can't say one is better than the other since I've never used a Palio. I can say that I have no complaints about my xikar's. They are well made, great warrenty and I believe worth the money.
  • Nick2021Nick2021 Posts: 938 ✭✭
    SgtRick:
    I own 2 xikar's and it was kinda a personnal choice. I used a xikar for the first time here in Iraq and decided to buy a couple. One I leave here in Baghdad and one in the states since I can't travel with it except in checked baggage and I never check a bag. I have looked at the Palio's. The one I like the best is the wood looking one. I may still end up with it at some point. I can't say one is better than the other since I've never used a Palio. I can say that I have no complaints about my xikar's. They are well made, great warrenty and I believe worth the money.
    +1, back in the states, my wife sent my Xikar in because it started showing signs of wear and a new one was sent back...can't beat that...love the warranty! I also have one of their punch tools...love it as well!