Home Cigar 101
Options

Storing Cigars With out a Humidor

I want to keep my cigars fresh until my humidor arrives what is the best way to store cigars with out one? How long does this last for. Any help is much appreciated.

Comments

• Options
    Dustin1981Dustin1981 Posts: 412
    You have 2 choices. You can use a ziplock with humidification or you can use tupperware with humidification. Either will work just fine until your humidor arrives. Just make sure you use distilled water with the humidification device.
  • Options
    LasabarLasabar Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
    mtrainor:
    I want to keep my cigars fresh until my humidor arrives what is the best way to store cigars with out one? How long does this last for. Any help is much appreciated.
    If you have a couple extra buck buy a HumiPak from your local B&M... I saw one today for $5 and it will keep for around a month so just find something airtight as previously mentioned!
  • Options
    Jetmech_63Jetmech_63 Posts: 3,451 ✭✭✭
    +1 for the humi pack, or bovedas and a ziploc bag.
  • Options
    jsnakejsnake Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I got something from IPCPR called a humi bag and have a humi pak in it for the 50 cigars that won't fit into my 5 humidors. So far the hygrometer I set in there says we are still spot on. Trying to smoke fast and I have given tons away. Problem is people keep sending me cigars.
  • Options
    KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
    jsnake:
    I got something from IPCPR called a humi bag and have a humi pak in it for the 50 cigars that won't fit into my 5 humidors. So far the hygrometer I set in there says we are still spot on. Trying to smoke fast and I have given tons away. Problem is people keep sending me cigars.
    sounds like a nice problem to have.

"Long ashes my friends."

• Options
    RampMonkeyRampMonkey Posts: 1,808
    +1 to having an issue getting cigars. I have tons of space if ya needs storage. haha
  • Options
    sightunseensightunseen Posts: 2,130 ✭✭
    No one has volunteered to keep them for you? Then allow me to be the first.
  • Options
    jsnakejsnake Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I sent out 5 packages and a couple went to guys here. I have another one ready to go that the post office returned to me. My problem is I am down to mostly singles and sticks that I have never tried and have lined up for review. This week I received 2 Velvet Bowery cigars and squeezed them in. I was sent a nice gift package from Xikar that included their 3 blends in the new 6 X 60 size. No matter what I seem to send out I seem to have Karma sending me packages back. Trust me I am sharing. I might have to dig deeper and slap up a contest.
  • Options
    KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
    jsnake:
    I sent out 5 packages and a couple went to guys here. I have another one ready to go that the post office returned to me. My problem is I am down to mostly singles and sticks that I have never tried and have lined up for review. This week I received 2 Velvet Bowery cigars and squeezed them in. I was sent a nice gift package from Xikar that included their 3 blends in the new 6 X 60 size. No matter what I seem to send out I seem to have Karma sending me packages back. Trust me I am sharing. I might have to dig deeper and slap up a contest.
    never had a xikar cigar, are they any good ?

"Long ashes my friends."

• Options
    Back to the originial question....I use tupperdores here in Iraq. I have 3 Rubbermaids with about 25 in each. I have Caliber III hygrometers in each of them. 1 has beads, 1 has Boveda packs, and 1 has humitubes. All work just fine here so I bet they will work fine for you. I have 2 humi's back home in Houston. 1 is a Diamond Crown Drake 160 ct. and 1 Vinotemp. I use Bovedas in them due to the lenghth of time I'm usually gone. I have someone change them out every 2 months and everything works as it should. Hope this helps.