Home Cigar 101
Options

How do i smoke this

so i just got my order in for COTM and im not sure how to smoke some of them Like the man o' war SE am i supposed to cut both ends or do i just light it. got a couple like that in the package. Any advice would be good. Thanks

Comments

• Options
    wwhwangwwhwang Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭
    Just cut the cap and light the foot as you would a normal, parejo shaped cigar.
  • Options
    Thanks
  • Options
    jship079jship079 Posts: 621
    I like too cut a little off both ends
  • Options
    wwhwangwwhwang Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭
    jship079:
    I like too cut a little off both ends
    You could cut off both ends if the draw's unacceptably tight. But if the draw's good as it, then cutting both ends just seems like a waste of tobacco in my opinion.
  • Options
    Jetmech_63Jetmech_63 Posts: 3,451 ✭✭✭
    I did that on the first perfecto i ever smoked and it split like a firecracker. Just cut the cap and light the small exposed bit of tobacco at the end, it may require a wee bit of touch up after 10 minutes, maybe not, but most (like MOW SE, Gurkha Centurian) even out nicely
  • Options
    docbp87docbp87 Posts: 3,521
    Most perfectos are going to have a shoulder on both the head and foot, so if you want you can clip both ends. I do that occasionally, especially if the cold draw is far too firm. If it is too tight, and you just light the closed foot, drawing too hard can actually turn the cigar bitter and unpleasant. It is really personal preference though.
  • Options
    Thanks Guys i probably wont be smoking these any time soon going to let them sit in my Humi for a bit. but just wanted to make sure when i do go to smoke them i know what im doing.
  • Options
    fla-gypsyfla-gypsy Posts: 3,023 ✭✭
    Kudos to RaschNuts for educating himself in all things cigars. Many would just try to wing it and not ask the rookie questions but for proper enjoyment of this pastime it is essential to know how to do it properly. We have a new committed member of the BOTL.
  • Options
    fla-gypsy:
    Kudos to RaschNuts for educating himself in all things cigars. Many would just try to wing it and not ask the rookie questions but for proper enjoyment of this pastime it is essential to know how to do it properly. We have a new committed member of the BOTL.
    Thanks Gypsy If your going to do something you might as well do it right. I just wish there were more BOTL in the dover, NH area on here to meet up with.
  • Options
    LasabarLasabar Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
    Cut it in half and smoke it like two mini cigars... That way you can share!
  • Options
    KCWKCW Posts: 1,334 ✭✭✭
    RaschNuts:
    fla-gypsy:
    Thanks Gypsy If your going to do something you might as well do it right. I just wish there were more BOTL in the dover, NH area on here to meet up with.
    I'm a little too far away in Ma. (Suburbs of Boston). I do go up to Winnipesaukee alot in the Summer though.
  • Options
    KCW:
    RaschNuts:
    fla-gypsy:
    I'm a little too far away in Ma. (Suburbs of Boston). I do go up to Winnipesaukee alot in the Summer though.
    Winni is a nice area i have a friend who has a boat up there. If i had a license i would go there alot on the weekends
  • Options
    KCWKCW Posts: 1,334 ✭✭✭
    RaschNuts:
    KCW:
    RaschNuts:
    fla-gypsy:
    Winni is a nice area i have a friend who has a boat up there. If i had a license i would go there alot on the weekends
    My cigars just taste better up there....