Home General Discussion

Perfect occasion for opus ****

A good dinner and a bottle of wine with my girl enjoying a cigar, even she's taking puffs. No better time to break out a great smoke and enjoying life! Dam I need more opus! one third the way through and I think I have to go down to the basement and get another bottle of wine out of the cooler. Hope your all having such the same night botl's!

Comments

• denniskingdennisking Posts: 3,703 ✭✭✭
    saving mine for my third daughter's birth. bought it when she got prego.
  • cooch36cooch36 Posts: 714 ✭✭
    my son just turned 5 a wk ago holy crap that was fast!
  • HaybletHayblet Posts: 2,429 ✭✭✭
    I have yet to have an Opus... mainly due to price point Sad [:(]
  • Hayblet:
    +1
  • jship079jship079 Posts: 621
    brotheradam:
    Hayblet:
    +1
    +2
  • HaybletHayblet Posts: 2,429 ✭✭✭
    glad to see I'm not the only one
  • Assuming the quality isnt the same but had my first Gurkha Empire IV was very tasty little bit of a tough draw at the beginning opened up a little later, but it was ROTT im sure after sitting in my humi for a little bit ill be good.
  • docbp87docbp87 Posts: 3,521
    RaschNuts:
    Assuming the quality isnt the same but had my first Gurkha Empire IV was very tasty little bit of a tough draw at the beginning opened up a little later, but it was ROTT im sure after sitting in my humi for a little bit ill be good.
    Wrong thread? Huh?

I've never had a Power Ranger myself, but every other Opus vitola I've had has been everything it should have been. Honestly, I think the Reserva D'Chateau was my favorite I've had, but I have a couple of others in the humidor waiting appropriate occasions.
  • Jetmech_63Jetmech_63 Posts: 3,451 ✭✭✭
    brotheradam:
    Hayblet:
    +1

Reeeeeeealllyyyyy tee hee :)
  • SchroozSchrooz Posts: 165
    I worry. If I splurge on something that pricey and it don't tickle my fancy I might bean somebody with my lighter.
  • I tried my First Opus a year ago with only a few weeks of age on it and I didn't like it at all.... Gonna try another on New Years. It will have a year of age on it by then
  • LasabarLasabar Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
    i've never had an Opus either.... Will, hopefully, soon though!
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    i have one in my smoking humidor with about 4 years of age on it.

not sure when im gunna smoke it. when the mood strikes i guess....
  • RedtailhawkozRedtailhawkoz Posts: 2,915
    kuzi16:

I have 2 in My Humi one with a Year on it and the other with about 6 months... both were gifts , I have yet to smoke one and I would never spend that Kind of money on a cigar.
    But never say Never.
    I have heard so many people say after all the hype that it was not a good cigar at all. I just think that there are way to many good cigars out there that are affordable... Its like people who buy fancy cars or expensive jewelery for Show or bragging rights.... I am far from that deal!
    I might smoke my first one on my 11 year Clean anniversary that is October 31... that might be a good occasion .
  • KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
    I've had an Opus X and although I liked it, I liked the Padron Family Reserve 45 better.

"Long ashes my friends."

• laker1963laker1963 Posts: 5,046
    Krieg:
    I've had an Opus X and although I liked it, I liked the Padron Family Reserve 45 better.
    There are more then one Opus X to work your way through though bro'. You may just not have been blown away with the one you tried. What was it BTW?
  • rwheelwrightrwheelwright Posts: 3,296
    I have about 3 left that I got in 2004. I smoke one every year to two years. The rest of them have various age on them. Some range from over a year to a couple of months.
  • KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
    laker1963:
    Krieg:
    There are more then one Opus X to work your way through though bro'. You may just not have been blown away with the one you tried. What was it BTW?
    not quite sure which one it was, a buddy of mine bought it and we smoked it one evening while at the beach. All I know was that it was a Fuente Fuente Opus X, it was good, and really punched me in the gut half way through, lol.

"Long ashes my friends."

• The SniperThe Sniper Posts: 3,910
    Redtailhawkoz:
    kuzi16:

I have 2 in My Humi one with a Year on it and the other with about 6 months... both were gifts , I have yet to smoke one and I would never spend that Kind of money on a cigar.
    But never say Never.
    I have heard so many people say after all the hype that it was not a good cigar at all. I just think that there are way to many good cigars out there that are affordable... Its like people who buy fancy cars or expensive jewelery for Show or bragging rights.... I am far from that deal!
    I might smoke my first one on my 11 year Clean anniversary that is October 31... that might be a good occasion .
    Your sober anniversary is HALLOWEEN Ozzie?? Has got to be a good story there! LOL

• DiamondogDiamondog Posts: 4,169
    Had one tonight...my girl started school so I marked the occassion...
  • lcpleellcpleel Posts: 3,455 ✭✭✭
    laker1963:
    Krieg:
    fuestes some of a few that i have taking in some fresh air.
  • docbp87docbp87 Posts: 3,521
    Is that a Casa Fuente Lancero?! Or is it a Churchill, and my eyes are just confused, and slightly blurred by that fine collection of FFOXs.
    The Sniper:
    Redtailhawkoz:
    kuzi16:

But never say Never.
    Your sober anniversary is HALLOWEEN Ozzie?? Has got to be a good story there! LOL

Yes My Clean Date is HALLOWEEN , its a good story and a Bad story all wrapped up in one.
    lcpleel:
    laker1963:
    Krieg:
    fuestes some of a few that i have taking in some fresh air.

Holy Chit Batman........
    docbp87:
    Is that a Casa Fuente Lancero?! Or is it a Churchill, and my eyes are just confused, and slightly blurred by that fine collection of FFOXs.
    That one in the picture is a lancero, got a few of those as well as the churchills.
  • SchroozSchrooz Posts: 165
    Well, I am starting an opus **** piggy bank. Loose change and found coins go into it and when I have enough I am getting one of these sticks!!! It won't lay heavy on my conscience knowing that I bought it with found money. ...I am going to satisfy my new found curiosity sooner or later. Btw, I just had a Vegas 5 cask strength stick and it is now my all time favorite. If the opus x don't budge my taste buds any further than the cask strength I will spend a life time putting up negative comments about it on every cigar board on the planet!
  • Reading everybody talk so highly of this had to pull the trigger and buy one. This one will be smoked on X-mas Eve when i get my license back. cant think of a better occasion.
    Schrooz:
    Well, I am starting an opus **** piggy bank. Loose change and found coins go into it and when I have enough I am getting one of these sticks!!! It won't lay heavy on my conscience knowing that I bought it with found money. ...I am going to satisfy my new found curiosity sooner or later. Btw, I just had a Vegas 5 cask strength stick and it is now my all time favorite. If the opus x don't budge my taste buds any further than the cask strength I will spend a life time putting up negative comments about it on every cigar board on the planet!
    If you are going to prchase your first stick i would recommend getting the Perfecxion #2 or Robusto. Just to let you know get a couple sticks and before you smoke your first Opus X starve your palate from any smokes for a couple days and your love it even more so. *****"Btw, I just had a Vegas 5 cask strength stick and it is now my all time favorite. If the opus x don't budge my taste buds any further than the cask strength I will spend a life time putting up negative comments about it on every cigar board on the planet!"***** _Wont happen._
    lcpleel:
    Schrooz:
    If you are going to prchase your first stick i would recommend getting the Perfecxion #2 or Robusto. Just to let you know get a couple sticks and before you smoke your first Opus X starve your palate from any smokes for a couple days and your love it even more so. *****"Btw, I just had a Vegas 5 cask strength stick and it is now my all time favorite. If the opus x don't budge my taste buds any further than the cask strength I will spend a life time putting up negative comments about it on every cigar board on the planet!"***** _Wont happen._

There goes your Lifetime! LOL
  • KCWKCW Posts: 1,334 ✭✭✭
    When my house renovation is done. Probably light one up then.