Home Ratings & Reviews

Alec Bradley Prensado

Smoked my first Prensado recently. Really good smoke. Reminded me of a slightly tweaked Tempus. Great cigar. Full review at the blog: SMOKE INTO OBLIVION

Comments

• KCWKCW Posts: 1,334 ✭✭✭
    docbp87:
    Smoked my first Prensado recently. Really good smoke. Reminded me of a slightly tweaked Tempus. Great cigar. Full review at the blog: SMOKE INTO OBLIVION
    Good review. I got one a few weeks ago. Still waiting to try it.
    I'm a fan of the Tempus (I have smoked the Quodrum but also have a Magistri to try) so, based on your review I'm anxious to try the Prensado.
  • docbp87docbp87 Posts: 3,521
    Thanks for reading. It's an awesome smoke.
  • jsnakejsnake Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like this more then the Tempus. Great cigar good review
  • ljlljl Posts: 819
    AB has been pretty on with the last few blends. Tempus is really good, I like the SCR too. You're right the prensado is really good as well. I've read some good things about the family blend. I have a few of those resting for the right night.

Which vitola have you fellas tried on the Tempus? I have only had the terra novo. It's been so good I have yet to try the others. I'm a little afraid I'll be let down.
  • KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
    ljl:
    AB has been pretty on with the last few blends. Tempus is really good, I like the SCR too. You're right the prensado is really good as well. I've read some good things about the family blend. I have a few of those resting for the right night.

Which vitola have you fellas tried on the Tempus? I have only had the terra novo. It's been so good I have yet to try the others. I'm a little afraid I'll be let down.
    The Tempus is probably my favorite AB. JZ actually bought me a box of Tempus Centuria when my son was born! Great smokes, they looks and taste fantastic. I have had the Terra Nova, Magistri, Centuria, and Quadrom. I have to say that the Magistri and Centuria are my favorites. I have had several Centuria, but only 1 magistri. I bought a box of 5, and I'm aging the rest. Try the Centuria, great smoke.

"Long ashes my friends."

• ljlljl Posts: 819
    Krieg:
    ljl:

The Tempus is probably my favorite AB. JZ actually bought me a box of Tempus Centuria when my son was born! Great smokes, they looks and taste fantastic. I have had the Terra Nova, Magistri, Centuria, and Quadrom. I have to say that the Magistri and Centuria are my favorites. I have had several Centuria, but only 1 magistri. I bought a box of 5, and I'm aging the rest. Try the Centuria, great smoke.

Tx for the info. The quadrum is the one that really makes me nervous. Some smokes are great at the bigger ring gauge, I just didn't feel like this would be one of them. I actually have a few quadrums resting - like I said, I like the blend, just don't want to be let down.
  • docbp87docbp87 Posts: 3,521
    Quadrum has been my least favorite vitola of the Tempus. This stick seems to lend itself to a smaller ring gauge, and the box pressing doesn't help the burn and draw. For some reason I feel like I have only seen the Quadrum on websites that use the CI/CBid/CCom warehouse. May be an online exclusive.
  • Nick2021Nick2021 Posts: 938 ✭✭
    Man, Hearing all of the good comments about ABs has got me excited as I bought a bunch last weekend from CCom to try out...can't wait to receive them!
  • KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
    ljl:
    Krieg:
    ljl:

Tx for the info. The quadrum is the one that really makes me nervous. Some smokes are great at the bigger ring gauge, I just didn't feel like this would be one of them. I actually have a few quadrums resting - like I said, I like the blend, just don't want to be let down.
    I bought a 5 pk dd AB Tempus Quadrom from ccom about a year ago, and only have 1 or 2 left. They aren't bad, but like I said, the Centuria and Magistri are much better. While I'm not big on ratings, but the Centuria was rated at 94 I believe.

"Long ashes my friends."

• j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    ljl:

I'm not sure what the name is for the particular vitola, but the Tempus lancero is outstanding. I've had several of the vitolas, and that was far and away the best imo.
  • Jetmech_63Jetmech_63 Posts: 3,451 ✭✭✭
    I dig the prensado. I Really dig AB sungrown. What a stout flavor. And it has the body to support it too. It is the flavor I think of when I think of "sungrown".
  • t_evan50t_evan50 Posts: 1,725
    Heard all this good talk on here about AB and figured it was a good time to try the prensado I had in my humi. I really enjoyed it. Nice sweet at first then mellowing out into a smooth leather and wood flavor. Burned well ta boot. Now to revisit the Tempest.