Home Ratings & Reviews
Options

Rocky Patel R4 Churchill

clearlysuspectclearlysuspect Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭✭
Smoking one on the golf course right now that Smokee sent me and I gotta say I like it!

Comments

• Options
    clearlysuspectclearlysuspect Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭✭
    Sorry. This was a pretty simple post from my cell phone as I waited to tee off on the par 3 sixth hole on the NAS Patuxent River, MD course.

I never smoked a Churchill on the golf course before, but I think it's all I'll smoke from now on while I"m out there. The R4 lasted the entire front nine. I never had any burn issues with it even though there was a strong breeze coming off the Chesapeake all day long.

I thought the flavor profile and body were perfect for the occasion. It was strong enough to offer a calming, soothing affect, but not so much to distract you from your game by making you light headed. The same can be said about the flavors. There was a steady stream of toast and leather, cream, with no spice. I enjoyed the flavors from start to finish but they were never so overwhelming or exciting that they drew attention from my tasks at hand.

I'd rate this as a 6 (1-10 scale) for cigars to sit, relax, and enjoy. I'd rate this as an 8 for a golf course cigar.
  • Options
    KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
    clearlysuspect:
    Sorry. This was a pretty simple post from my cell phone as I waited to tee off on the par 3 sixth hole on the NAS Patuxent River, MD course.

I never smoked a Churchill on the golf course before, but I think it's all I'll smoke from now on while I"m out there. The R4 lasted the entire front nine. I never had any burn issues with it even though there was a strong breeze coming off the Chesapeake all day long.

I thought the flavor profile and body were perfect for the occasion. It was strong enough to offer a calming, soothing affect, but not so much to distract you from your game by making you light headed. The same can be said about the flavors. There was a steady stream of toast and leather, cream, with no spice. I enjoyed the flavors from start to finish but they were never so overwhelming or exciting that they drew attention from my tasks at hand.

I'd rate this as a 6 (1-10 scale) for cigars to sit, relax, and enjoy. I'd rate this as an 8 for a golf course cigar.
    Can't beat the price for these for an everyday smoke or the golf course!

"Long ashes my friends."

• Options
    Big T smokesBig T smokes Posts: 211
    I am a fan of this stick. Is it the fanciest cigar RP makes? Not even close. But it tastes great and burns well. What more do you need in a stick? I like Rocky Patel across the board pretty much and this is no exception.