Home Ratings & Reviews
Options

Matasa Tributo

Alex_SvensonAlex_Svenson Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭
I have to say, this was one amazing cigar. I fancy myself pretty picky but let me tell you, this thing blew me away. Medium to full body, very rich and complex flavors and a gorgeous oily wrapper. It is technically a non internet brand but after smoking some of these, I am bringing them in big time for our consultants to sell. Anyone else smoke one?

Comments

• Options
    Is this the Quesada Tributo ? I know Matasa is the Quesada compound. I really liked the robusto I had some good spice and chocolate flavor to it and some maple flavor near the end and you're right Alex gorgeous oily wrapper.
  • Options
    wwhwangwwhwang Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭
    Never had any of these yet. In fact, never smoked anything from the Matasa or Quesada lines. I'll be looking for these when you bring them back, Alex.
  • Options
    PuroFreakPuroFreak Posts: 4,131 ✭✭
    I had one in the petit corona size about 2 weeks ago and loved it. I've heard the belicoso has more flavor, but the one I had was great. One I plan on getting more of in the future.
  • Options
    TatuajeVITatuajeVI Posts: 2,378
    Joe sent me a Matasa 30th Anniversary. He had never smoked one, so I have no idea what to expect - looks delicious, though. :)
  • Options
    KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
    Are these phone order only? just curious...

"Long ashes my friends."

• Options
    betasynnbetasynn Posts: 1,249
    The Matasa Anniversary you are talking about was a great stick for me. The tributo is even better; when I was talking with Terence last time he came by, he told me to try the manolin (6x60) size, and that one is really the winner. Alex, maybe you can back me up on this, but it packs the most punch of all the lines and also is dripping in flavor. Also, not sure if you have these, but the 35th Anniversary is a very complex and interesting cigar.
  • Options
    wwhwangwwhwang Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭
    betasynn:
    The Matasa Anniversary you are talking about was a great stick for me. The tributo is even better; when I was talking with Terence last time he came by, he told me to try the manolin (6x60) size, and that one is really the winner. Alex, maybe you can back me up on this, but it packs the most punch of all the lines and also is dripping in flavor. Also, not sure if you have these, but the 35th Anniversary is a very complex and interesting cigar.
    There's a 35th Anni?!? I only have. 30th anni, but never smoked it as it's no longer in stock anywhere, it seems.
  • Options
    betasynnbetasynn Posts: 1,249
    The 30th is a MATASA. The 35th is the Quesada, both made by the same people. Two totally totally different cigars.
  • Options
    lilwing88lilwing88 Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭
    They look good from what I can find on the web...... but they don't look cheap, that's for sure! LOL!
    Guns don't kill people, Daddies with pretty daughters do…..