Home Ratings & Reviews

Nica Libre 1990

SMoking one right now. I havent liked these in the past, but I had a few in the humi, so I lit up the little one (Compliments of Joeyjoe's fantastic bomb--you rock, man!) and Im enjoying the crap out of it!

Comments

• pnaylonpnaylon Posts: 214
    Okay, overall it was not a bad smoke. A lot of pepper, a little cocoa and cedar, and a little maduro-ey sweetness. However, it wasnt very smooth and definitely doesnt match up to Padrons.

• Russ55Russ55 Posts: 2,765 ✭✭
    A Padron they are not, but with some rest and the right rum, I really like them.
  • pnaylonpnaylon Posts: 214
    Haha with the right rum, black and milds would be fantastic!

• KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
    pnaylon:
    SMoking one right now. I havent liked these in the past, but I had a few in the humi, so I lit up the little one (Compliments of Joeyjoe's fantastic bomb--you rock, man!) and Im enjoying the crap out of it!

I've noticed with a little time on them, the Nica Libre turns into a nice little smoke too. When I first tried them, I was really hoping for more since they were compared to Padron so much, but like someone else already said, Padrons they are not, but I still enjoy them.

"Long ashes my friends."

• sightunseensightunseen Posts: 2,130 ✭✭
    Yea, the comparison to Padron is hype. However, it's a great smoke at that price point.
  • FourtotheflushFourtotheflush Posts: 2,555
    Krieg:
    pnaylon:

I've noticed with a little time on them, the Nica Libre turns into a nice little smoke too. When I first tried them, I was really hoping for more since they were compared to Padron so much, but like someone else already said, Padrons they are not, but I still enjoy them.
    Ive had a couple, 1 of them with a year +/- on it. I was throuroughly under impressed. There just wasnt much to it. I wanted to like it too!
  • bobdbobd Posts: 71
    I love these, one of my favorite smokes.  If you guys dislike them that much I would be happy to smoke them for you.
  • docedwardsdocedwards Posts: 319
    I like the Nica Libre. Not a Padron but I just got a box and thanks to Kelly's deal last weekend they were only 2.50 a stick. QUESTION? Anyone know what the 1990 refers to?