Home Cigar 101

Graycliff???

Hey I owe one of my friends a gift. She really loves Greycliff Professional and wants to know what other smokes taste like it.
I can't think of any myself but I thought I would turn to the BORKs here.
Ideas?

Comments

• sightunseensightunseen Posts: 2,130 ✭✭
    A woman that smokes Graycliffs, classy. Naturally, my second question is "is she hot?"

I've had one about a year ago and have two more in the humi. I can't recall specific flavors from it. I know it's got an Indonesian Sumatra wrapper so that could be a place to start. Also, PM to you.
  • Duder2Duder2 Posts: 926
    The CI Legends Purple is pretty close. Of course it's a Graycliff, but much less expensive. Other than that ITC 10th maybe?
  • stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Posts: 4,317
    sightunseen:
    A woman that smokes Graycliffs, classy. Naturally, my second question is "is she hot?"...

She's kinda like a sister to me bro... so uhhh yeah. Off limits.

This internet cockblock brought to you by theartofdouchebaggery.com

• wwhwangwwhwang Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭
    Haven't smokex the Graycliff Professionale before, but from its description, it sounds a bit like the La Aroma de Cuba EE. If she wants to kick the flavor up a notch, though, give her a Nica Libre, Man O' War Ruination, or Padron 2000 Maduro.
  • ironhorseironhorse Posts: 469
    I gotta get me one of these women that enjoys cigars. Preferably one that isn't 55 and smokes white owls and has hairy armpits.

I would like to help but I have only had one Professional and like 50% of Graycliffs I have had, was a construction and burn nightmare. But I would say she might like MOW Virtue or the DPG Serie JJ or a Montecristo Platinum.
  • Russ55Russ55 Posts: 2,765 ✭✭
    I can't think of anything that is exactly like it, but try the la gloria cubana standard line in the sumatra wrapper. She might like 1992 as well. You can't go wrong with Graycliff's Other bahama Blends either.
  • j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    I'm with Russ on the lgc, it has a similar profile and can be had for a very reasonable price. She may enjoy the E.P. Carillo Short Run, not a dead ringer, but a cigar with some similarities, oddly enough he's the same guy who blended lgc.
  • phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    stephen_hannibal:
    sightunseen:
    A woman that smokes Graycliffs, classy. Naturally, my second question is "is she hot?"...

Your evading the question...
  • HaybletHayblet Posts: 2,429 ✭✭✭
    stephen_hannibal:
    sightunseen:

is it the chick on your FB profile your always smokin with?
  • docedwardsdocedwards Posts: 319
    I am terrible at discerning the specific tastes that so many refer to but I have had 2 or 3 over the years and I think they Graycliff is great. Unfortunately I just can't afford them.
  • LasabarLasabar Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
    Hayblet:
    stephen_hannibal:
    sightunseen:

Stalk much? lol
    Hayblet:
    stephen_hannibal:
    sightunseen:

Cyber stalker Wink [;)]

• HaybletHayblet Posts: 2,429 ✭✭✭
    Lasabar:
    Hayblet:
    stephen_hannibal:
    sightunseen:

Stalk much? lol
    They say you notice your own kind...
  • LasabarLasabar Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
    Hayblet:
    Lasabar:
    Hayblet:
    stephen_hannibal:
    sightunseen:

Stalk much? lol
    They say you notice your own kind...
    He has a giant D!ck????
  • jsnakejsnake Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I learned this at IPCPR when I talked to the owner and his wife at the Graycliff booth that some Graycliff cigars online are sold under licensing agreement and not actual "Graycliff Cigars". I am not saying the ones bought online are bad. I am just saying they are different from what the Graycliff company actually makes and sells themselves. I never knew that. EDITED - Might just be the 1666. Ccom has the real deal for sure.
    Wow I didn't know that. Why the premium price then?
    I did not know that either. Does that mean you can only get domestic graycliffs at the resort or compnay direct? Do they sell to B&M's?
    IDK but it might only apply to the 1666 and a few others. Looking at Ccom stock they do have the real deal also. They are online and in B&M's all over. G
  • I think Jake is referring to the likes of the 1666 and g2, turbo, etc. which are made in Nicaragua. The lines such as original, espresso, professional appear to be made in the Bahamas.
    bass8844:
    I think Jake is referring to the likes of the 1666 and g2, turbo, etc. which are made in Nicaragua. The lines such as original, espresso, professional appear to be made in the Bahamas.
    Yeah that is right. They told me those are licensed out. Thanks for clarifying that for me.
    The g2, g2 turbo, and 1666 are produced in Nicaragua by someone else. The g2s are made by AJ Fernandez, and maybe the 1666 as well, but I'm not sure on that one.
  • Duder2Duder2 Posts: 926
    The G2 and Turbo are AJ's work, not sure about 1666 though...
    Duder2:
    I *think* the beard told me he makes that one too, but I can't remember for sure. I will ask the next time I place an order.
  • TatuajeVITatuajeVI Posts: 2,378
    Russ55:
    Duder2:
    I *think* the beard told me he makes that one too, but I can't remember for sure. I will ask the next time I place an order.
    There is no way AJ could ever make something as consistently not-good and over-priced as the 1666. I don't think he has a hand in that one. If he does, Alex needs to call him up and reblend that sucker.
    TatuajeVI:
    Russ55:
    Duder2:
    There is no way AJ could ever make something as consistently not-good and over-priced as the 1666. I don't think he has a hand in that one. If he does, Alex needs to call him up and reblend that sucker.
    reblend AND reconstruct AND referment
  • kingjk729kingjk729 Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭
    I would suggest as Wayne said the La Aroma De Cuba EE and the Patel 92 for sure ...... and the CI legends mentioned early are quite tasty for a fraction of the price and i think i'd tell you to look into the Hoyo De Monterey Dark Sumatra .... hope this helps
  • bigharpoonbigharpoon Posts: 2,963 ✭✭✭
    I think the Professional tastes a little like the Padilla Habano.
  • KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
    does she like full bodied cigars? if so, I would recommend the Double Espresso, great smoke.

"Long ashes my friends."