Home Ratings & Reviews

My smokes in Europe

What a trip!!! Madrid is a BEAUTIFUL city and probably the cleanest place I've been... but MAN did the food suck! Ham, Ham, Ham, Ham and oh, by the way, more HAM! but it was a great time... I found this great B&M there... the owner was super nice and spoke a little english to boot, but I only had time for one smoke in Madrid... I chose the PSD4 and i was NOT disappointed... what a great smoke...everything was perfect... I'm sure some of the feeling was influenced by the sheer joy, but it was a great stick... i babied it for almost 2 hours and had a nice Johnny Walker Black with it... the pairing was great... I'm not a fan of Scotch with smokes, but it was all I had access to at the time and it worked perfectly...

The smoke was toasty... that was really the best word for it from start to finish... I had a few burn issues, but overall I loved it...

In Paris I found a GREAT shop near my hotel (we were like 300 yards from the Louvre)... it was really high end so I didn't get the personal attention I received in Madrid, but they had a great selection... I grabbed another Partagas and a Cohiba Siglos II Tubo.... I smoked the Cohiba first and enjoyed it... I think I expected too much with all the HYPE around the Cohiba ISOMs, so I was a little disappointed... din't get me wrong, it was good, but I unfairly expected perfection... the burn and construction were spot on and the flavors were nice... there was a nice growth in the flavor and strength... Then I smoked my second Partagas and, again, wow... I'm gonna have to get my hands on a box of these...

I wish I had more time to smoke, but after all, it was my honeymoon... I can't smell like smoke ALL THE TIME... the wife was very understanding

The B&M;s were overwhelming to me... I walked in a saw all these Cubans and I didn't know what to do... I was like a kid in a candy store... I just reached for the stuff that looked familiar... they were about 12 Euro each, which I found a little surprising... I figured they'd be more, but both shops were on the level as far as I could tell... the one in Paris was for sure...

anyway, thanks for all your input leading up to the trip... I have some pics of the smokes and I'll post them when I get them all downloaded... We filled up 3 sim cards and 8 hours of HD video on the Flip... what a trip!

Comments

• Jetmech_63Jetmech_63 Posts: 3,451 ✭✭✭
    Welcomehome homeslice! The partagas serie d is by far my favorite isom. I load up when the ship goes to the gulf!
  • fla-gypsyfla-gypsy Posts: 3,023 ✭✭
    Welcome back to the USA, sounds like a great trip.
  • LasabarLasabar Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
    Glad you got home safe and had a chance to enjoy a few sticks!
  • Rob1110Rob1110 Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭
    Sounds like a great time. I stayed really close to the Louvre while in Paris too. Actually, one street away - heading away from the Sen. Beautiful city. I'd go back in a heartbeat.
  • sightunseensightunseen Posts: 2,130 ✭✭
    Welcome back! Glad you had a great time.
  • robbyrasrobbyras Posts: 5,487
    Rob1110:
    Sounds like a great time. I stayed really close to the Louvre while in Paris too. Actually, one street away - heading away from the Sen. Beautiful city. I'd go back in a heartbeat.
    Sounds like you stayed right near where I was... I stayed at the Hotel Regina, which was actually featured in the first Bourne movie... good times....
  • JdoraisJdorais Posts: 652
    Welcome back! Glad to hear everything worked out. And the PD4? Well, it really is the one.
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    bring me any samples?
  • FourtotheflushFourtotheflush Posts: 2,555
    Dude,
    Congrats on the honeymoon! Congrats on the wedding! Glad you had lots of fun.

• docbp87docbp87 Posts: 3,521
    Glad you had a good trip brother. Also glad you got to grab a PSDN4. Definitely one of my favorite smokes I've ever had. Next time you're over there be sure to grab a Bolivar!
  • zeebrazeebra Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭
    Sounds like you had a nice lil trip! Yea even when I went up there, thats all they had to eat, and I dont eat pork, so ate a ton of bread and cheeze with lettuce!

Glad you had a good time though!
  • robbyrasrobbyras Posts: 5,487
    zeebra:
    Sounds like you had a nice lil trip! Yea even when I went up there, thats all they had to eat, and I dont eat pork, so ate a ton of bread and cheeze with lettuce!

Glad you had a good time though!
    yeah, no veggies to be found unless you get the salad but I did have some peppers over there that were amazing... peppers de padron I think... amazing
  • Nick2021Nick2021 Posts: 938 ✭✭
    Sounds like a great trip, hopefully I can enjoy the same thing sometime in the future!