Home Ratings & Reviews

Diesel Unholy Cocktail review

Finally did a full review of this. With a little rest on them, these are definitely one of my favorite less expensive, every day type smokes. Really need to buy a full box and set them aside for a while. Really great balanced, but powerful smoke. Full review posted at the blog, with pics, etc. SMOKE INTO OBLIVION

Comments

• smoke_em_if_you_got_emsmoke_em_if_you_got_em Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭✭✭
    docbp87:
    Finally did a full review of this. With a little rest on them, these are definitely one of my favorite less expensive, every day type smokes. Really need to buy a full box and set them aside for a while. Really great balanced, but powerful smoke. Full review posted at the blog, with pics, etc. SMOKE INTO OBLIVION
    I have a 5pk on these on order. About how long did you let them rest before you enjoyed one? If you have more that are rested you could always share one with me so we live so close...LOL
  • docbp87docbp87 Posts: 3,521
    I have had them anywhere from a week in the humi, to 5 months. They get really good with a couple months on them. They aren't bad at all right away though, just a little harsh by comparison. Unfortunately that was my last one. We need to herf some time.
  • smoke_em_if_you_got_emsmoke_em_if_you_got_em Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭✭✭
    docbp87:
    I have had them anywhere from a week in the humi, to 5 months. They get really good with a couple months on them. They aren't bad at all right away though, just a little harsh by comparison. Unfortunately that was my last one. We need to herf some time.
    Thanks for the info. I'm definately down to herf bro.
  • sightunseensightunseen Posts: 2,130 ✭✭
    When they first came out at the end of last year, I noticed that flavor-wise, it was rough/harsh around the edges. I had one about 3 months later and it smoothed out nicely. I can't wait to see what a year has done on them.
  • ENFIDLENFIDL Posts: 5,836
    Got a box for my bday this year. Had one ott and then one every so often had about 10 of them over the last 6 months roughly. Must say everytime I light one up I enjoy it more than the last. Aging is doing wonderful things to this stick! Although I do enjoy the much more prominent pepper flavor of a fresh one.
  • martymcg43martymcg43 Posts: 396
    definitely one of my favorite smokes. up there with the padilla 1932. i still have a couple of the diesels that i bought in early march resting in the humidor. along with 25 others or so... great smoke. great review doc.
  • FourtotheflushFourtotheflush Posts: 2,555
    Ive got three from the Original release with about a year on them.

Not sure if Im gonna trade them or smoke them!

• Duder2Duder2 Posts: 926
    I love this stick, ROTT or with time they've always done me right!
  • KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
    i also bought some of these when they first came out, and they were ok. I smoked on last week after some age on it and have to say that they turn into a pretty good smooth and balanced smoke.

"Long ashes my friends."

• Smoked my first one yesterday (got it as a special Diesel promo from cigar.com) and totally loved it. The pepper/spice at first is a bit of an ass kicker but it was a great way to get me going after a long day at work. It smooths out pretty quick, and even though the burn was just a little uneven, it left a nice heavy smoke hanging around. Not an overly complex cigar, but good enough to keep you interested in it all the way through.
  • boydmcgowanboydmcgowan Posts: 1,101
    Totally agreed. I haven’t smoked one of these for a while, but its still one of my favorite smokes. This was one of those palate changing cigars for me where I tried on a whim and it blew me away. The smoke was so thick it was almost chewy. I tasted so much leather and earth in there I thought I was smoking a leather jacket, but there was just enough spice to balance it out all perfectly. One of these sticks and a glass of Jim Beam can melt away all the stress in the world.
  • laker1963laker1963 Posts: 5,046
    Krieg:
    i also bought some of these when they first came out, and they were ok. I smoked on last week after some age on it and have to say that they turn into a pretty good smooth and balanced smoke.
    Yes indeed. I have high hopes for the new Unlimited's too. They are tasty from the truck, but I'm betting with 6 months on them they will balance out a little better like the Unholy Cocktails do.