Home Cigar 101

Electronic Humidifier

any one used a Electronic Humidifier? are they any good or am i better off with beads or foam i don't mind throwing down the extra cash for one but want to know it there any good.. i want to put it in a cooler... is the one that is on ccom and better/worse than the others online?

Comments

• kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    if you are goign to put it in a 300ct + humidor then i feel its worth it. if its smaller i would stick with beads.
  • hmmm I'm gonna use a cooler so i think anything i get is going to be a 300Ct is there a specific volume for different Count?
  • Russ55Russ55 Posts: 2,765 ✭✭
    With a cooler I'd just use the beads. The beads will tell you what kind of volume they are good for, and you can match that to the coolers volume. However, I've found with my coolers that my humidity is much, much more efficient since it's a totally sealed environment, and I've needed much less in the way of humidity devices. I'm not positive if it's the same with beads since I've been using boveda packs, but I'd imagine it is. I still need to buy some of those conservagel beads sometime and try them out.
  • xmacroxmacro Posts: 3,402
    +1 to what Kuzi and Russ55 have said; that's been my experience as well. You only really need an electronic humidifier if you have above a 300 count, but a cooler has such good sealing, that beads will do just fine
  • I Love my electronic Humi... But like said I have a 300 cnt.
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    xmacro:
    +1 to what Kuzi and Russ55 have said; that's been my experience as well. You only really need an electronic humidifier if you have above a 300 count, but a cooler has such good sealing, that beads will do just fine
    well said
  • bandyt09bandyt09 Posts: 4,335 ✭✭✭✭✭
    kuzi16:
    xmacro:
    well said
    I have both, electronic in the cabinet and beads in the coolidor.
  • thanks guys.. will go with beads save my self sum money..
  • LasabarLasabar Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
    Frootloops:
    thanks guys.. will go with beads save my self sum money..
    I don't like to think of it as SAVING money per se, I would spend the same amount, but just carry the remainder over to more cigars!