Home Ratings & Reviews

A. Turrent Triple Play Puro Maduro

VulchorVulchor Posts: 4,848 ✭✭✭✭
New cigar I saw this month (I think) in C.A. Magazine. My B&M is odd, as I can often get Opus and the like...but cant always get a Monecristo or Macanudo. HOWEVER, to my happiness....a new box came in today just as I was looking around...got the first 2 sticks out of it. Havent tried one yet, but hope to tonight or tomorrow mid-day. Anyone give it a whirl yet??? I will try to do a review here, but I am not as good as some at doing so, but I will try.

Comments

• phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    I never try new sticks first but I'm looking forward to your feelings on it. I love reading about new smokes.
  • VulchorVulchor Posts: 4,848 ✭✭✭✭
    Interesting stick..I smoked it mid afternoon at a B&M I rarely go to and the music was loud and terrible..but I digress, I will try with the cigar rating.

Initially a very good looking dark brown and oily stick. No real veins to speak of and a nice pre light drawn. First puff was spice and espresso. I truly thought it was going to get to be a hot stick or bitter, luckily it did notI will say, the flavors remained throughout---so dont look for suprises. It was suprising mellow for the supposed strength, but flavors were there. Espresso, dark chocolate, and some cherry were present. Toward the end, I guess a tad bit of cinnamon seemed to appear---but the flavor profile remained smooth and creamy. Ash and burn were flawless and plenty of rich smoke

I was quite pleased with this stick after my initial concerns. I think its too strong for the beginner, but fine for people who have been smoking awhile. Even those who like mild sticks could smoke this one. It lacked some of the bitter or tart qualities I often found on the Camacho Triple Maduro...and at about 3 bucks cheaper than the Camacho, its preferred by me. I bought one other and can see myself smoking this fairly frequently. Give it a try.......Construction 10/10, Draw and Burn 8/10, Flavor 8/10, Appearance 8/10.
  • laker1963laker1963 Posts: 5,046
    Sounds like a nice stick. How are we going to try them though Vulchor? These aren't available here at C.COM are they?

You know what you used to hear in school right... David ! Did you bring enough for the rest of the class!!!? LMAO

Maybe we should carry out a little cigar relocation transaction again?
    I think your on to something Laker....PM me what you may be looking for bro.
    Pm to you Laker---sounds good BTW.
    Repliedified there Vulchor.
  • ejenne87ejenne87 Posts: 1,925 ✭✭
    I believe this is the cigar the owner's son was talking about at the B&M today. He said it is supposed to be the "Nica Libre" to Camacho's Triple Maduro... Here's to hoping it's at all close! I was told it is supposed to be a bit less expensive, but almost up to par with the Camacho TM.
    Its better EJ, Im tellin ya. Not as dark a wrapper, but better flavor, better construction, and a couple buck better price point. I admit I am not the buggest fan of Camacho blends which may effect my ratings....but this is my favorite new stick of the year by far.
  • ejenne87ejenne87 Posts: 1,925 ✭✭
    Vulchor:
    Its better EJ, Im tellin ya. Not as dark a wrapper, but better flavor, better construction, and a couple buck better price point. I admit I am not the buggest fan of Camacho blends which may effect my ratings....but this is my favorite new stick of the year by far.
    The Camacho TM is one of my favorite sticks EVER though... I am in love with that smoke, so if this thing is as good as you say, Vulch, I might be hella broke when I can get my hands on some of these!
    ejenne87:
    Vulchor:
    The Camacho TM is one of my favorite sticks EVER though... I am in love with that smoke, so if this thing is as good as you say, Vulch, I might be hella broke when I can get my hands on some of these!
    +1 If these are similar to the Camacho TM, I want as many as I can get my hands on. That box is going out today Dave.