Home Non Cigar Related

Prayers

Hi Guys a bit of an Update and thanks for your continued Prayers and thoughts.
My wife's Mother is not doing well, We feel she is losing her battel and that she has not been being honest with us... being 2500 miles away is not easy.Some test results this week wil confirm our suspiscions, and My wife is preparing to return to Ohio with her daughter to see her mom. Its been ruff around here.
My mom is showing great Improvment... thanks for the prayers, but as the Doctors told me ... shes a time bomb and could have a massive heart attack at any time due to all the damage done to her heart. but her quality of life right now is better than it was a few months ago. Thanks for the love and prayers guys ...... please continue them.

Comments

• stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Posts: 4,317
    We're still praying Oz.
  • smoke_em_if_you_got_emsmoke_em_if_you_got_em Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Prayers will continue brother.
  • wwhwangwwhwang Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭
    Your family's always in my prayers, man. Hopefully, things go better for you guys.
  • HaybletHayblet Posts: 2,429 ✭✭✭
    +1 to what everyone's said, hope things get better Ozzie
  • gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    Always in our prayers and thoughts buddy ...
  • Thanks for the update Oz, good thoughts to you and your family.
  • firetruckguyfiretruckguy Posts: 2,522 ✭✭✭
    Hang in there Ozzie....
  • lilwing88lilwing88 Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭
    Prayers and thoughts still going your way.....
    Guns don't kill people, Daddies with pretty daughters do…..
  • sirfoster83sirfoster83 Posts: 783
    prayers are with you and your family Ozzie
  • ENFIDLENFIDL Posts: 5,836
    Continuing them for you guys brother! Thanks for the update!
  • RedtailhawkozRedtailhawkoz Posts: 2,915
    Hi guys, Well the news isnt good, My wifes Mother was found at her home Sunday totally disoriented and in severe pain.and unable to move. She was rushed to the hospital where they found she had lost track of her medications and seems to have done the Anna Nicloe smith , Heath ledger, Blood intoxification overdose miixed to many of her meds wrong who knows but shes in intensive care, the cancer seems to have not spread but she has pnemonia, and is basically struggling for her life. Lung cancer and Pnemonia and overdoes doesnt mix, they are trying to determine of its sever pnemonia or if the cancer has taken over more, they are awaiting the results.
    Needless to say My wife isn't good being 2500 miles away, shes is trying to get more clarification so she can make plans to return to Ohio, I am doing my best to hold her up and keep her from losing her mind but its a tuff road to hoe..... Thanls for all th prayers and hopefully there will be some good news next time.
  • Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Best wishes to you. I had a patient with exactly the same story a few weeks ago, we kept him in ICU for about 14 days. It was touch and go for a while, but he's back home with his wife now. I think that his sense of humor was the best thing he had going for him, I swear he could find something funny at the darkest moments. Barely enough strength to speak, I'd lean in, and he'd crack wise about something. Unbelievable. The tough part was getting enough nutrition in him to keep his strength up. I hope it's getting better for y'all. Remember, though, this is not a permanent duty assignment for any of us. I say this not to be negative, but because I know that there's something better to come. Best of luck, I've been through this personally, and with many families. Love and support are the most important things on this planet.
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • undulacundulac Posts: 1,129
    Prayers from Ohio Oz. I lost my mother to cancer 4 years ago and know what your family is going through. The circle of life is never easy to accept. I'll be thinking of you.
    Guys its Ugly,
    My momwas rushed to the hospital with congestive Heart Failure, Shes not good. Looks like they are trying to make a decision to what to do, surgey ,might kill her,, a bunch of tests done waiting results. I hope and pray this roller coaster ends soon.
  • stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Posts: 4,317
    Wow praying for her OZ. Love and peace bro.

Thanks Steve.... Im wore out
    Surgery on my moms heart Tuesday Morning . I know I sound like a broken record... thanks for the Support guys.
  • The SniperThe Sniper Posts: 3,910
    Redtailhawkoz:
    Surgery on my moms heart Tuesday Morning . I know I sound like a broken record... thanks for the Support guys.
    Your mom will be at the top of my prayer list tonight Oz. Much love man, wish I could snap my fingers and fix all of this for you & Maria.

• gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    Prayers to ya bro ...
  • ScottTDawgScottTDawg Posts: 206 ✭✭
    Thoughts and prayers for your mom, you and your family.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,917
    Man, hope your mom surgery goes well and you guys can finally let out the breath you've been holding in.
  • fla-gypsyfla-gypsy Posts: 3,023 ✭✭
    My prayers brother
  • ENFIDLENFIDL Posts: 5,836
    Continued prayers for you and yours Oz. How'd the operation go?
  • The SniperThe Sniper Posts: 3,910
    ENFIDL:
    Continued prayers for you and yours Oz. How'd the operation go?
    +1. Continuing to pray my azz off (thats a LOT of prayers Oz! LOL) for your mother. Please let us know how everything is going when everything slows down brother.