Home General Discussion

Back into Cigars. Recommendations?

PsychoSJGPsychoSJG Posts: 766 ✭✭✭
I used to smoke a bit for a few years, but I haven't been a serious smoker since about 2004. I was wondering what is new out there for me to try. I tend to be a Maduro and full body fan. Some of my favs are: CAO MX2, CAO Maduro, La Aurora maduro, Onyx, and the occasional Ashton VSG. Any recommendations on what I should order, and why?

Comments

• Nick2021Nick2021 Posts: 938 ✭✭
    PsychoSJG:
    I used to smoke a bit for a few years, but I haven't been a serious smoker since about 2004. I was wondering what is new out there for me to try. I tend to be a Maduro and full body fan. Some of my favs are: CAO MX2, CAO Maduro, La Aurora maduro, Onyx, and the occasional Ashton VSG. Any recommendations on what I should order, and why?
    Can't go wrong with the Ashton VSG, great cigar! I keep wanting to buy a box, but then some other deal comes up and I end up with no money :( Seriously, I think the Ashton or CAO would be good to start out
  • martymcg43martymcg43 Posts: 396
    Diesel, Man O War Ruination, Liga Privada T52, Padilla 1932... just to name a few...
  • DiamondogDiamondog Posts: 4,169
    Camacho Triple Maduro, Nica Libre, 5 Vegas Triple A, Cain, La Flor Dominicana Double Ligero, Cohiba Black, AF Anejo, Can't say for sure as I've never had one but I am guessing the Man O War maduro will be great...these are all rich power houses...this is of course the maduro spectrum of things...
    DPG series JJ maduro...
  • stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Posts: 4,317
    The Gurkha Centurian, Rocky Patel Renaissance, Perdomo Habano Maduro.

• t_evan50t_evan50 Posts: 1,725
    Cain Maduro and Kristoff Maduro. Both are excellent.
  • phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    Camacho Triple Maduro and try some of the la flor dominicana stuff. Oh and the CAO LX2 was pretty tasty to me.
    and welcome back...
  • RedtailhawkozRedtailhawkoz Posts: 2,915
    Diamondog:
    Camacho Triple Maduro, Nica Libre, 5 Vegas Triple A, Cain, La Flor Dominicana Double Ligero, Cohiba Black, AF Anejo, Can't say for sure as I've never had one but I am guessing the Man O War maduro will be great...these are all rich power houses...this is of course the maduro spectrum of things...

What he said and Welcome Back and welcome to the Jungle here on the CCOM forums!
  • AB tempus, pretty much anything Don Pepin or Tatuaje, Liga Privada #9, 5 Vegas A, Padilla Miami.
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    La Flor Dominicana.

full bodied.
    they blend an excellent maduro.

• KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
    If I could only recommend 3 cigars, these would be it:

1. Camacho Triple Maduro

2. Alec Bradley Tempus Maduro

3. La Flor Domincana Double Ligero

"Long ashes my friends."

• PsychoSJGPsychoSJG Posts: 766 ✭✭✭
    Thanks for the recommendations. I'll take them all into consideration in my upcoming orders. And thanks for the welcome backs. I like these forums. Seems like there is a kind of CCOM family.

How are the Nubs?
  • ironhorseironhorse Posts: 469
    PsychoSJG:
    Thanks for the recommendations. I'll take them all into consideration in my upcoming orders. And thanks for the welcome backs. I like these forums. Seems like there is a kind of CCOM family.

How are the Nubs?

very good and consistent. As a maduro fan, you will really like their maduro. I would also recommend trying out the La Herencia Cubana Oscuero Fuerte, Diesal Unholy Cocktail, and Rocky Patel Decade.
  • Alex_SvensonAlex_Svenson Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭
    If you have been out of the game for a while and used to like fuller bodied maduros, you must check out PA broadleaf wrapper cigars. This is a wrapper that has come out since you departed and has become quite popular and fits the profile it sounds like you enjoy. I would highly recommend you check these out. Some brands that have it include rocky patel Patel brothers, San lotano maduro, 5 Vegas gold maduro, 5 Vegas triple a, la herencia Cuban oscuro fuerte, diesel
  • PsychoSJGPsychoSJG Posts: 766 ✭✭✭

I have Diesel Unholy and a Vegas 5 coming on tues. I'm actually excited about it.