Home General Discussion

Bugatti Lighter issues

Does anyone else with this lighter have problems with it? I got it last year with the Camacho DD and it worked for about a week. And it's been crap since then. It always lets me down.

Comments

• wwhwangwwhwang Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭
    What's the problem with the lighter? Is the fuel not coming through, is it not sparking, is the punch cutter on it dull as a spoon? If the fuel's not coming out, but it's sparking, try taking a can of compressed air and blowing down the tubes since it's probably a clog from the impurities in the fuel. If it's not sparking, then it's a malfunctioning ignition system and you need to get it repaired. If your punch is dull...well, guilloutines are better.
  • AdcuriumAdcurium Posts: 179 ✭✭
    Well, it sparks but the flame immediately goes out. But it sounds like I could still hear the fuel hissing out. I'm baffled!
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    you need to purge the lighter completely then use a fuel that is triple refined or better. the cheap stuff just wont work.
  • Duder2Duder2 Posts: 926
    What Kuzi said and/or adjust the flame. If it's too low it won't stay lit.
  • LasabarLasabar Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
    I got it, lit about 5 sticks with it so far.... Works okay

I'm just miffed that I thought it was a $100 lighter but it's no different than any other lighters I've had
  • RedtailhawkozRedtailhawkoz Posts: 2,915
    I use Mine every Day all the time, What Kuzi Said, I use Vector Fuel or Colibri, or Xikar its woorth the extra cash for good fuel.... Also I find Blowing out the Flame thrower every once in a while makes it Blast great adjust the flame or it east fuel. Mine works great never had a problem once i tweeked it and EVRYONE who sees it or Uses it wants it! Its a MANS Lighter!
  • docbp87docbp87 Posts: 3,521
    Lasabar:

I'm just miffed that I thought it was a $100 lighter but it's no different than any other lighters I've had
    It's actually a $20 Vector lighter with a Bugatti stamp on it.
    docbp87:
    Lasabar:

HUH?
    Redtailhawkoz:
    docbp87:
    Lasabar:

HUH?

Vector Knight.
  • KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
    I had the same problem with my Bugatti. Took forever to purge, but once I did I turned the valve all the way down and filled it up, Works perfectly now.

"Long ashes my friends."

• Hawk55Hawk55 Posts: 846
    You have got to be kidding... This is actually a $20 lighter?
    docbp87:
    Redtailhawkoz:
    docbp87:
    Lasabar:

HUH?

Vector Knight.

I think the Vector copied the Buggati hee ive seen this Vector Lighter its much cheaper made and is a lot lighter than the Buggati I have......
  • Andrew_DzikoskiAndrew_Dzikoski Posts: 381 ✭✭✭
    Have you been using Ronson butane? I know this stuff seems to cause a lot of issues with torches lighters but it sound like you just need to play with the flame adjustment. Also where are you located? if you are at a high altitude it could be the lower oxygen content. And Yes Vector did copy the B1 if you look at the night its a dead ringer except the Vector uses philips head screws and the B1 uses allen screws. It is made at 2 different places by 2 different companies.
    Andrew Dzikoski:
    Have you been using Ronson butane? I know this stuff seems to cause a lot of issues with torches lighters but it sound like you just need to play with the flame adjustment. Also where are you located? if you are at a high altitude it could be the lower oxygen content. And Yes Vector did copy the B1 if you look at the night its a dead ringer except the Vector uses philips head screws and the B1 uses allen screws. It is made at 2 different places by 2 different companies.
    Interesting. I read otherwise on another forum, but looking at my lighter, and looking at the photo, it seems probable that you are indeed correct. Good call.
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    ive seen this vector in person. like others have said, it does not have the same feel.
  • YeThaneYeThane Posts: 2

If you send your Bugatti lighter to their repair facility in Florida, you just may end up S.O.L. I sent my Vulcan to them almost 3 months ago and (I hope) they still have it. I was unable to provide them with dated proof of purchase for warranty coverage, so I emailed them TWICE asking for a secure method of paying the $29.99 repair cost. NO response from them, so I tried calling them numerous times. Despite all of the blather about how concerned they are about my business with them and how my call would be returned the same day, they NEVER called me back. I tried again a few minutes ago and was told that their incoming message box was full. Somehow, that didn't surprise me in the least.

• JrflicksterJrflickster Posts: 3,547 ✭✭✭✭✭

Really😲

• Rdp77Rdp77 Posts: 6,059 ✭✭✭✭✭

Why would anyone buy a Bugatti lighter anyway? Because of the name on it? I have a drawer full of them but they were given out as freebies by several sites for a long time. That fact alone tells me that they’re junk.

• Hobbes86Hobbes86 Posts: 3,161 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Rdp77 said:
    Why would anyone buy a Bugatti lighter anyway? Because of the name on it? I have a drawer full of them but they were given out as freebies by several sites for a long time. That fact alone tells me that they’re junk.

I am convinced it is all for the name, and the prestige that is fancied to accompany it.

"Iron sharpens iron, and one man sharpens another." - Proverbs 27:17

• d_bladesd_blades Posts: 3,701 ✭✭✭✭✭

Impress me, you'd need a Chiron at least.

Don't let the wife know what you spend on guns, ammo or cigars.

• VisionVision Posts: 7,764 ✭✭✭✭✭

I thought they had zero to do with the automotive company......

• Rdp77Rdp77 Posts: 6,059 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Vision said:
    I thought they had zero to do with the automotive company......

That’s probably the case…but they carry the name so I’m guessing that’s the reason people actually buy them