Home General Discussion

Sun roof open all night during a rain storm...

Yeah... I guess yesterday I forgot to close my sunroof. And it POURED last night. My car is soaked, the cupholders filled with more than an inch of water and I might have ruined my digital camera. What a way to start a week. But, it's a car and a camera. There are people putting their lives on the line for us at this very moment. Some won't get to see their kids tonight. I've got a soaking wet car but I'm safe and above ground. Life is good. Today, when you are enjoying your daily smoke, take a few minutes to be thankful for the little things and just appreciate having two feet on the ground.

Comments

• sirfoster83sirfoster83 Posts: 783
    I feel for you my car died with both of the front windows down.... Rained the next two days. Smells all musty now and didn't dry out for a few days. Luckily I got the windows up now I just need to fix it
  • Adcurium:
    Yeah... I guess yesterday I forgot to close my sunroof. And it POURED last night. My car is soaked, the cupholders filled with more than an inch of water and I might have ruined my digital camera. What a way to start a week. But, it's a car and a camera. There are people putting their lives on the line for us at this very moment. Some won't get to see their kids tonight. I've got a soaking wet car but I'm safe and above ground. Life is good. Today, when you are enjoying your daily smoke, take a few minutes to be thankful for the little things and just appreciate having two feet on the ground.

An excellent perspective Adcurium, thanks for posting this. Too often in this world we lose sight of all the good thigs we have and focus on the few bad things.

• LasabarLasabar Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
    Excellent thread!
  • KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
    try putting your digital camera in a ziploc bag with rice for a couple of days. hopefully that will fix it.

"Long ashes my friends."

• Sandman1amSandman1am Posts: 2,567
    Krieg:
    try putting your digital camera in a ziploc bag with rice for a couple of days. hopefully that will fix it.
    How much rice and can you use the rice afterwards? I like and am very thankful for rice!
  • LasabarLasabar Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
    Sandman1am:
    Krieg:
    How much rice and can you use the rice afterwards? I like and am very thankful for rice!
    Enough to submerge it completely, and as long as the rain water isn't nasty you can use it again!
  • Nick2021Nick2021 Posts: 938 ✭✭
    Sorry for what happened, but also, thanks for reminding us about keeping the overall picture in perspective! Hope the rest of the day went better for you!
  • honestly...one of the best positive attitudes I have heard in a long time.....your car got soaked..but ur right, we all have it easy for the most part... like me tonight, i work early, but took time to sit outside in perfect weather to smoke a cigar no one really has yet, my san latano maduro......amazing as well....keep up thepositivity
  • clearlysuspectclearlysuspect Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭✭
    Here here!