Home Cigar 101

Gurkha Assassin?

smoke_em_if_you_got_emsmoke_em_if_you_got_em Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭✭✭
Any of your brothers ever tried one of these smokes. I was working in an area today about 2 hours from home and drove past this little B&M..so I stopped in for a few minutes..looked around and picked a nub habano and this Gurkha Assassin. Dont know much about it but it looked interesting enough for me to pick up..any thoughts?

Comments

• wwhwangwwhwang Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭
    You just stumbled onto a great cigar, bro. Nub Habano's my fav nub. But Gurkha Assassin? Drool. I got a great mix of rich spice, cinnamon, and dark chocolate. I'm going to have to revisit it since it's been a long time. Thanks to Stephen for giving me another. Might have to make it a staple in my humi along with the Man O' Wars and the Gurkha Centurian.
  • jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, I thought the Assassin was pretty d*mned good, too. Mighta been better in a toro vitola, though. At least it would have lasted a little longer.

Marty

• Spice, cinnamon, some cocoa, it's really dry and woody too. Great smoke, personally I really like the churchill.
  • smoke_em_if_you_got_emsmoke_em_if_you_got_em Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭✭✭
    wwhwang:
    You just stumbled onto a great cigar, bro. Nub Habano's my fav nub. But Gurkha Assassin? Drool. I got a great mix of rich spice, cinnamon, and dark chocolate. I'm going to have to revisit it since it's been a long time. Thanks to Stephen for giving me another. Might have to make it a staple in my humi along with the Man O' Wars and the Gurkha Centurian.
    Man..just had to wipe the keyboard and reading your post. If I would have known all that when I was there I would have bought a few more : ) I will have to let you know what I think once I smoke it..im gonna let it rest in humi..but really looking forward to this one.
  • Jetmech_63Jetmech_63 Posts: 3,451 ✭✭✭
    Hmmm. The B&M near me have these. I thought it was just another marketing spinoff, gonna have to get one this weekend, sounds realy good!
  • Jetmech_63:
    Hmmm. The B&M near me have these. I thought it was just another marketing spinoff, gonna have to get one this weekend, sounds realy good!
    Pick me one up too Vinny :)
  • Jetmech_63Jetmech_63 Posts: 3,451 ✭✭✭
    Aight!
  • Nick2021Nick2021 Posts: 938 ✭✭
    wwhwang:
    Love the NUB Habano too...haven't tried the Assassin but heard it's one of their better ones.
  • phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    I've had 2 of them and didn't like them. But everyone seems to like them.