Home Non Cigar Related

The other smoke!

JZJZ Posts: 827
I've got 25 pounds of pork slowly cooking on the smoker with apple and cherry wood! Smells great, maybe soon a cigar to go with the experience!

Comments

• One2gofstOne2gofst Posts: 583
    Sounds delicious. Wish I had a smoker.
  • fla-gypsyfla-gypsy Posts: 3,023 ✭✭
    Awesome, nothing like smoking meat and cigars simultaneously
  • gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    Getting a smoker is on my to-do list . Man that sounds great - let us know how it turned out.
  • kaipocruz1kaipocruz1 Posts: 61 ✭✭
    We just got through ground smoking a 500 lb. pig for my nieces first birthday luau. It took 12 hours to cook so by the time it was ready to be pulled out of the ground, we were all so sh*t faced we could barely stand up! Needless to say I think it'll feed a crowd of 200!
  • undulacundulac Posts: 1,129
    Just bought a new smoker and christened it on Saturday with an eight pound pork shoulder, veggies, and some chicken thighs that I threw on the grill for a few minutes after the smoker to crisp up the skin. It was great and the neighbors loved that I infused the whole neighbor hood with hickory and pecan smoke. My next door neighbor is a big hunter and goes fishing all the time. For the next few weeks we are going to experiment with some venison, bear, trout, turkey, etc.
  • LasabarLasabar Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
    kaipocruz1:
    We just got through ground smoking a 500 lb. pig for my nieces first birthday luau. It took 12 hours to cook so by the time it was ready to be pulled out of the ground, we were all so sh*t faced we could barely stand up! Needless to say I think it'll feed a crowd of 200!
    That is, the MOST post that resembles me that I have ever read...

I come up with cockamamie schemes, but they never quite work out right!
  • SchroozSchrooz Posts: 165
    If I had a smoker I would smoke a turkey a month. Love smoked turkey! There was a grocery store in town that carried smoked turkey right after thanksgiving and they were always delicious.
  • LukoLuko Posts: 2,003 ✭✭
    I have a smoker question for the experts here. I just got a smoker and don't have a clue how to smoke. Am I supposed to, should I, can I use both charcoal and wood? There are two trays, but I don't know what the set-up is?

Also, any recommendations on something simple and hard to mess up for my first smoke? Any websites you'd recommend I visit to get this kind of info so I don't have to bug y'all here?
  • TheedgeTheedge Posts: 316
    I have a Cookshack brand smoker, I highly recommend their product. They are super insulated so they maintain a constant temp, and no extra moisture is needed. Pretty much the "set it and forget" type of smoking. They have a good forum for tips Luko. Here is some of my pulled pork:
    018 - Copy
  • ug danug dan Posts: 375
    To luko, I would recomend smokingmeatsforum.com. They have alot of Info and have probably discussed any question you might have. Smoking meat is adictive as hell and alot of fun and I hope you enjow, now I've got to get out and start my chicken and ABT smoke I've got planned!
  • KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
    Luko:
    I have a smoker question for the experts here. I just got a smoker and don't have a clue how to smoke. Am I supposed to, should I, can I use both charcoal and wood? There are two trays, but I don't know what the set-up is?

Also, any recommendations on something simple and hard to mess up for my first smoke? Any websites you'd recommend I visit to get this kind of info so I don't have to bug y'all here?
    I got JZ into BBQing w/ the Weber bullet, and it's been great. We learned how to do everything from this site: www.virtualweberbullet.com

"Long ashes my friends."

• KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
    last thing I smoked was some ribs and a couple of beer can chickens injected w/ some beer and rub. I used apple and cherry wood in the smoker. Compliments pork and chicken very nicely

I wish i took some pics of those chickens when they were done, they looked fantastic!

This is probably the biggest brisket I ever cooked, this sumbitch was over 18lbs! took about 16hrs to cook.
    some more ribs, smoked them for about 2hrs at 250, then put them in an apple juice bath and covered it and let it steam for another 2hrs, meat just fell right off the bone...dammit, I just made myself hungry

"Long ashes my friends."

• TheedgeTheedge Posts: 316
    I'm sensing a pattern here folks. Cigars, Smokers, Guns & Guitars.
  • SchroozSchrooz Posts: 165
    I wonder if you ever get complaints from the neighbors with the aroma wafting about and setting their saliva glands to overdrive and their children to whining for food?
  • JZJZ Posts: 827
    It came out great! I should have taken pictures during the smoke. Nothing like the smell and smoke it produces. Neighbors probably do get pissed, LOL!
  • ug danug dan Posts: 375
    I'm sure my neighbors appreciate me when I'm out starting my fire at 2 AM!! Thats the price they pay for living next to a guy who loves BBQ!
  • LukoLuko Posts: 2,003 ✭✭
    thanks bros...