Home General Discussion

Looking for Humi

Alright Gentlemen the time has come!! I think I need to step up to a 400-500. Anyone looking to sell one or know of anyone looking to part with one?

Comments

• laker1963laker1963 Posts: 5,046
    sirfoster83:
    Alright Gentlemen the time has come!! I think I need to step up to a 400-500. Anyone looking to sell one or know of anyone looking to part with one?
    Well OK Brian. Mine is able to hold onto probably between 500 - 1000. I will let you have it for shipping costs. It isn't the prettiest thing and it is undeiably plastic but hey that "Coleman" in raised white letters on the lid definatley adds some class.

If you haven't guessed yet I use a four foot Coleman Cooler (intended for large fish) with 2 pounds of ConservaGel Beads. I spend my money on cigars. As long as it will maintain a good RH level and this thing also helps with temp. Fluctuations because of the insulation, I'm happy. Good luck bro', have you checked out WaxingMoons work here? BEAUTIFUL !
  • sirfoster83sirfoster83 Posts: 783
    Good idea and most likely I will. The wife doesn't want a cooler in the bedroom though. She might have to deal with it though.
  • laker1963laker1963 Posts: 5,046
    laker1963:
    sirfoster83:
    Well OK Brian. Mine is able to hold onto probably between 500 - 1000. I will let you have it for shipping costs. It isn't the prettiest thing and it is undeiably plastic but hey that "Coleman" in raised white letters on the lid definatley adds some class.

If you haven't guessed yet I use a four foot Coleman Cooler (intended for large fish) with 2 pounds of ConservaGel Beads. I spend my money on cigars. As long as it will maintain a good RH level and this thing also helps with temp. Fluctuations because of the insulation, I'm happy. Good luck bro', have you checked out WaxingMoons work here? BEAUTIFUL !
    OK but I warn you, this thing is over 4 feet long. It isn't pretty... at least not until I open it up !:)
  • robbyrasrobbyras Posts: 5,487
    I picked up a 200 ct from Waxingmoon in February and couldn't be happier with my purchase... it's pricey, but if you drop him an email, he'll work with you...
  • I may actually have a Ebay for cigars here soon for my humidor...its a 300 count...glass top...here would be a link to it..top tray lids opens up and then pulls outward....two drawers below....simple...some knicks and dings on the side...wont lie, it aint pretty, but never really had a issue with it .....some screwes for the lid hinge came out, so I used some better glue and long screws and screwed and glued them back in! lol....

Ill keep you updated by wed I think.....i know a few people here need one like this so ill do a PRIVATE bidding on it...no cash, just cigars....you would simply send me a offer of cigars, yes u would have to type them out....and I would either respond "winning", or "outbid". simple as that.....so look for my post wed night gentlemen!
  • Big T smokesBig T smokes Posts: 211
    I use a coolidor as well. It's big and ugly but I spent around $80 for EVERYTHING, which was a 120 qt cooler on sale at walmart ($40), beads ($20 -you can go cheaper on ebay if so inclined), and my favorite hygrometer, the Caliber III ($20 new on ebay).

You can probably do it even cheaper if you dont want anything that big. I have about 250 sticks in there now, with alot of room for alot more. I understand they hold up to about 800 comfortably. Super easy to set up too. Once i threw some old empty cedar cigar boxes I got great stability and alot of space for a relatively small amount of dough. A couple of my buddys broke mys tones about spending $80 on a suped-up cooler but I mean, you cant really even get into the 100-count range for that price.
  • sirfoster83sirfoster83 Posts: 783
    very true. My wife is not a fan of having a cooler in the bedroom though. I think she's being difficult since my bday is coming up so I have to wait to make a move incase she gets me one. She's actually the one who pointed out I need a bigger one.