Home Ratings & Reviews

Camacho Corojo

Had my first one of these bad boys last night. WOW. Lots of amazing flavor, including (I swear on my momma's name) Reeses' Peanut Butter Cups. Also a pretty strong stick, leaving me reeling a little bit from the nicotine. You full body fiends would do well to check these out! Full review and photos at the blog SMOKE INTO OBLIVION.

Comments

• j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    Was it the standard corojo or the Ltd. Corojo? The Ltd. is fantastic, especially the diploma and torpedo vitolas.
  • wwhwangwwhwang Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭
    j0z3r:
    Was it the standard corojo or the Ltd. Corojo? The Ltd. is fantastic, especially the diploma and torpedo vitolas.
    Looking at his site's picture, it looks like the standard corojo. Looks like another line I have to try!
  • docbp87docbp87 Posts: 3,521
    It was the standard. Really going to try to grab a bunch of different Camachos next time I'm at the shop. Really impressed.
    If you liked the regular Corojo, you absolutely have to try the Ltd., it takes everything good about the standard and ramps it up. Though I haven't tried it, the maduro is supposed to be pretty good too. Also if you haven't tried the following, keep your eyes out for them: Camacho Select, blended by Julio Eiroa, medium-full with a delicious Cameroon wrapper and Camacho SLR maduro, on the fuller side and oozing with rich, spicy flavors, those are my personal favorites from Camacho. Also, if you ever come across the Camacho CLE, that is a must try for any fan of Camacho cigars.
  • I've yet to have a bad Camacho, granted I've only smoked their premium line and up, but regardless I never hesitate to pick something of theirs up.
  • fla-gypsyfla-gypsy Posts: 3,023 ✭✭
    I love Camacho sticks, especially the corojo
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    fla-gypsy:
    I love Camacho sticks, especially the corojo
    +1

if you liked that one... try the diploma.
    if you want a sweeter version with a but more coffee and coco... diploma maduro.... one of my all time favorites.
  • kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    Of all the camachos I've had, I always find myself going back to the Havana. (yellow band) I love that stick.
    kaspera79:
    Of all the camachos I've had, I always find myself going back to the Havana. (yellow band) I love that stick.
    I completely forgot the Havana. Good catch Kas, that's a nice cigar.
  • DiamondogDiamondog Posts: 4,169
    j0z3r:
    Absolutely I have 20 torps resting, great stick...
  • t_evan50t_evan50 Posts: 1,725
    Gunna have to go to the b&m today and pick up a Corojo. Sounds like its right up my ally.
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    kaspera79:
    yes yes yes yes yes.
    this was the cigar that got me into camacho and full bodied cigars. nice black pepper.... nice power... nice all around.
    they age well too. I had a few of these in the petite size that aged 7 (i think) years. they have not made the size in about 8 years and a while back ccom had a few boxes in their aging room. i had to buy a box. it was a wise decision. i have one left.
  • bigharpoonbigharpoon Posts: 2,963 ✭✭✭
    These are so hard to keep my hands off and let them get some age! I have one with a year and a half on it and I'm not sure how much more I can stand, but I'm trying...
  • Nick2021Nick2021 Posts: 938 ✭✭
    Had one the other day, great cigar! thinking of picking up a box especially since they are available at a decent price!
  • KCWKCW Posts: 1,334 ✭✭✭
    j0z3r:
    If you liked the regular Corojo, you absolutely have to try the Ltd., it takes everything good about the standard and ramps it up. Though I haven't tried it, the maduro is supposed to be pretty good too. Also if you haven't tried the following, keep your eyes out for them: Camacho Select, blended by Julio Eiroa, medium-full with a delicious Cameroon wrapper and Camacho SLR maduro, on the fuller side and oozing with rich, spicy flavors, those are my personal favorites from Camacho. Also, if you ever come across the Camacho CLE, that is a must try for any fan of Camacho cigars.
    Agreed. BTW. The Camacho Corojo LTD. Diploma was one of the first boxes I ever bought. They're fantastic w/ some age on them. I have only 6 left.
  • t_evan50t_evan50 Posts: 1,725
    Picked up a corojo ltd and corojo this weekend. Can't wait to try both. Been on a real Camacho kick lately.
  • Duder2Duder2 Posts: 926
    I've had a 5 year old Diploma and just had a 6-7 month old 8/22 a few days ago. They were both awesome, but it seems age does them a lot of good!
  • ljlljl Posts: 819
    I've been feeling the Camacho love myself lately. Great review, too bad mine need more rest before they are ready.
  • bigharpoonbigharpoon Posts: 2,963 ✭✭✭
    I couldn't stand it any longer...I had my Gigante 6.5x54 this weekend. It had a year and a half on it and whether it would have gotten better is hard to tell it was THAT GOOD!!! I think I tasted reeses peanut butter cup in there too. I couldn't tell if I was actually tasting it or just wanted to taste it based on this thread but damn if that wasn't the best smoke I've had in a long time.