Home Non Cigar Related

Just checking...

ljlljl Posts: 819
Does anybody feel like there may be some damage done to the GOP voting pool due to the Tea Party movement? What do you think the results of that would be if it did happen?

Comments

• cabinetmakercabinetmaker Posts: 2,560 ✭✭
    Not to the voters, but hopefully to the old republican establishment. Olympia snowe, arlen spectre, murkouski(sp) and the like needed to go. The grass root voter movement that is the tea party is finally being heard.
  • fla-gypsyfla-gypsy Posts: 3,023 ✭✭
    cabinetmaker:
    Not to the voters, but hopefully to the old republican establishment. Olympia snowe, arlen spectre, murkouski(sp) and the like needed to go. The grass root voter movement that is the tea party is finally being heard.
    +1, I think it is great to see voters rebel against politicians
  • VulchorVulchor Posts: 4,848 ✭✭✭✭
    By electing new politicians.
  • fla-gypsyfla-gypsy Posts: 3,023 ✭✭
    Vulchor:
    By electing new politicians.
    You have an alternative??
  • cabinetmakercabinetmaker Posts: 2,560 ✭✭
    I think anyone elected to office is, by some kinda definition, a politician.. Too bad all politicians are not all some kinda people...
  • denniskingdennisking Posts: 3,703 ✭✭✭
    we've already tried electing peanut farmers and community organizers. that's got us nowhere. voting in professionals is not a bad idea. if you run a multi-million dollar corporation, do you hire the janitor or the guy that designed the building your office is in to run the company. no, you hire a pro with a good track record.
    Such as the head of the Texas Rangers...or B rate movie stars.
    come on now Vulchor, Arnold is an "A" list actor..... in regard to W, I will go on record saying that his presidency will be looked back on more favorably than most think. I understand that it's easy to buy in to what the left thinks because they speak from a place of anger but honestly, the left agenda is opposite of what I want and believe so I tend to not agree with a lot of what is said, including swinging on the nuts of the "hate the Right" committee. It's easier to hate than try to understand. I understand the left but choose to disagree with the left.
    Fair enough Dennis. I tend to disagree with alot of the fear tactics I see from the right, but such it goes-----Friday is here, lighthearted discussion is what Im up for....lets drink.
    yes please!! bloody mary for me, it's only 10AM here
  • Sandman1amSandman1am Posts: 2,567
    dennisking:
    yes please!! bloody mary for me, it's only 10AM here
    130 here so I'm thinking it's either a goose and juice or almost miller time.
  • Sandman1amSandman1am Posts: 2,567
    dennisking:
    I love it Dennis and I want it! I've got neighbors that work for a beer distributor. I need to ask them about getting me some stuff for my man cave.