Home Non Cigar Related

Ouch!!

Trying to decide if I need to go to the doctor. I have a wicked pain in my rib cage area but know its not a broken rib. Just trying to figure out if its worth a doctor trip. Hurts like hell and can barelly lift the baby. Its been about a week of dealing with it but it has not improved. Could it be a pulled muscle for that long? Or a tear? Its driving me nuts and ruining my sleep but I HATE going to my doctor takes way too long.

Comments

• Jetmech_63Jetmech_63 Posts: 3,451 ✭✭✭
    Left, right, front or back of rib cage?
    Hurt more breathing in or out?
    hurt more if you raise your arms over your head?
    hurt more if you pivot at your waist to the left or to the right?
    hurt more if you bend over or leam back?
  • kingjk729kingjk729 Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭
    If its a broken or fractured rib they can do nothing and the main symptom of a broken or fractured rib you did not list ....... Having trouble breathing is a big symptom ..... i think you may as you eluded to have a strain or a pull .... when you try to pick an item up all the muscles work together and if one is hurt it can make picking anything up hard ..... also you will be very uncomfortable until it starts to heal ......
  • sirfoster83sirfoster83 Posts: 783
    Jetmech_63:
    Left, right, front or back of rib cage?
    Hurt more breathing in or out?
    hurt more if you raise your arms over your head?
    hurt more if you pivot at your waist to the left or to the right?
    hurt more if you bend over or leam back?
    its the front right just below the sternum, hurts turning right and bend over and back. deep breathing affects it and arms over head only if lifting anything
    also just started hurting in the back behind shoulder blade but thats probably just a knot from changing movements to avoid pain
  • docbp87docbp87 Posts: 3,521
    Sounds muscular.
  • docedwardsdocedwards Posts: 319
    Guess we could start a webmd thread. (Wish I could help, but doc is just a nickname)
  • jship079jship079 Posts: 621
    If you have decent insurance I would go see the Bone Cracker you can pop ribs out and it has those very symptoms a couple pops and your good as new.
    jship079:
    If you have decent insurance I would go see the Bone Cracker you can pop ribs out and it has those very symptoms a couple pops and your good as new.

+1 , wife is an RN and she agrees, or she said it might be a myofascial strain/pull. Either way they can give you light muscle relaxers that will help.
  • laker1963laker1963 Posts: 5,046
    sirfoster83:
    Trying to decide if I need to go to the doctor. I have a wicked pain in my rib cage area but know its not a broken rib. Just trying to figure out if its worth a doctor trip. Hurts like hell and can barelly lift the baby. Its been about a week of dealing with it but it has not improved. Could it be a pulled muscle for that long? Or a tear? Its driving me nuts and ruining my sleep but I HATE going to my doctor takes way too long.
    What were you doing when this occurred, any idea?
  • One2gofstOne2gofst Posts: 583
    Jetmech_63:
    jship079:

+1 , wife is an RN and she agrees, or she said it might be a myofascial strain/pull. Either way they can give you light muscle relaxers that will help.
    Chiropractors CAN NOT prescribe drugs, no matter how "light" the muscle relaxer. If you want a prescription you need to see an MD, NP, etc.
    No clue what I was doing I lifted 2 days before it started so I doubt it was from that. Think I might have to man up and go to the dr. Thanks for the info.
    One2gofst:
    Jetmech_63:
    jship079:

Chiropractors CAN NOT prescribe drugs, no matter how "light" the muscle relaxer. If you want a prescription you need to see an MD, NP, etc.

You are correct, i conveyed that wrong. Apologies.