Home Non Cigar Related

13 years to the day

kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
thats right. OJ Simpson was let off the hook on charges of double homicide thirteen years ago today.

tonight, guilty of kidnapping, robbery, and something else... doesnt really matter since he is going to serve a 15 year minimum sentence....

life is the maximum.

good things come to those who wait?

Comments

• LCarLCar Posts: 57

Hahaha, agreed Kuzi. Finally...it took long enough, but finally he gets a little bit of what he deserved long ago.

• LukoLuko Posts: 2,003 ✭✭
    Karma's a ***. And jail ain't nothing compared to what The Juice is going to experience in the not-so-sweet hereafter.
  • kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    kuzi16:
    thats right. OJ Simpson was let off the hook on charges of double homicide thirteen years ago today.

tonight, guilty of kidnapping, robbery, and something else... doesnt really matter since he is going to serve a 15 year minimum sentence....

life is the maximum.

good things come to those who wait?
    And the jury took thirteen hours to decide.. Must be his lucky number.. Any call for a mistrial from his lawyers ??
  • LasabarLasabar Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
    Does this mean all those old O.J. jokes in prison can now be resurfaced??? Except for the one about Mike Tyson having some O.J. for breakfast in prison, cuz Mike cleaned up his life... (and got fat)
  • CastleCrestCastleCrest Posts: 51
    One of those goes around comes around things.
    & yet He got to spend 13 years playing golf & what not.
    The fact it was 13 years to the day means the universe
    wanted everyone to know as well as OJ knowing you can't hide from your KARMA!
  • dutyjedutyje Posts: 2,263
    Or it's just a coincidence with a probability greater than .275%

• Smoke=FireSmoke=Fire Posts: 692 ✭✭✭
    dutyje:
    Or it's just a coincidence with a probability greater than .275%

That's it, I'm taking this thread to my statistics class :P
  • phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    One would think that after getting away with double murder, one would steer clear of sticky situations...? serves him right!!!
    phobicsquirrel:
    One would think that after getting away with double murder, one would steer clear of sticky situations...? serves him right!!!
    It's kinda funny, the man gets away with murder but goes to jail for stealing a football..Well, justice is a bit*h.
  • He didn't do it, the glove didn't fit. ;P
    angryman:
    He didn't do it, the glove didn't fit. ;P
    I Know. Thats what Johnny told the whole world in such eloquent fashion.
  • urbinourbino Posts: 4,517
    That's probably how they got him on this charge. The glove did fit.
  • LukoLuko Posts: 2,003 ✭✭
    It's a good defense...it's how the heir to the o'henry candy bar empire got off.
  • Lasabar:
    Does this mean all those old O.J. jokes in prison can now be resurfaced??? Except for the one about Mike Tyson having some O.J. for breakfast in prison, cuz Mike cleaned up his life... (and got fat)
    Yeah, but he still has that tattoo on his face that screams "BAD DECISION!!!"
  • FourtotheflushFourtotheflush Posts: 2,555
    Wow 13-14 years ago, was SOOO long ago!
    I was working split shifts at the time, so i worked in the AM and then again in the PM, so Id go home, have lunch and watch the trial.
    Ive got to tell you the LA DA had all the evidence in the world to convict this guy and they trotted out too much of a dog and pony show on it. Ill give you this example of the botched trial:
    They take a camera through the OJ master bedroom.
    they walk through and there is nothing there.
    they go into the bathroom off the master and look around and film some evidence of blood on towels and some odd stuff.
    The camera turns around and leaves the bathroom to go back into the master and there is 'the bloody sock' sitting in the master bedroom that wasnt there 2 minutes prior. Never documented nothing!
    Just arrived in the bedroom out of thin air!
    The case had quite a few of those strange type issues but this was probably the biggest gaffe of the bunch.

The CSI on that crew botched the case as there was that and a few other mistakes like losing a vial of sample blood from OJ
    NOT GOOD casework
    Although all the evidence was stacked up against the guy and I think he absolutely did it, there was TOO MUCH evidence stacked up against the guy
    Hes not a bright guy, but hes not that dumb!
    Anyway this brought back a little flashback
    I was telling this story at work the other day and most people there didnt remember anything about it, just that OJ got off after running away in the bronco
    Good too see he finally got his 'just deserves', especially after all the tasteless jokes he told and enacted shortly after being aquitted of the murders.