Home Ratings & Reviews
Options

Iguana

PsychoSJGPsychoSJG Posts: 766 ✭✭✭
Unfortunately, this is a private made cigar that's not with this company. After watching Hogans Heroes a lot and knowing about Candelas being the old days american standard, I can't help but be very curious about the Iguana brand. That bright green wrapper has been messing with my eyes for many years. Has anyone had this cigar or have any I can trade for? Its only avail by the box.

Comments

• Options
    Rob1110Rob1110 Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭
    They're not bad from what I remember. A local shop used to carry them (not anymore) and I too was really intrigued. I had it quite a few years ago, but I remember a mild, semi-sweet, grassy profile. If you can get 'em cheap enough, I'd say it's worth it to try one out.
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    the Iguana brand of cigars comes from Thomson Cigar. this company is quite possibly the worst retailer for any product ever. you will order one thing from them, they will send you another. when you try and call them out on it they will basically tell you to "read the fine print"
    the fine prints says you agreed to it. they have also been known to "bait and switch" by offering one special and sending you a different one all together. complaints are never handled nicely. i have also heard stories of people ordering one thing, getting it but also receiving additional product that was not ordered and getting charged for it and not being able to return it and/or get a refund.
    my dad ordered from there once and the cigars were received dry.

so... basically i hate the Lizard. it could be the best cigar on the planet, but if it is a Thompson product, i will never buy it. i dont want thompson to accidentally think they are doing a good job.

if you are looking for a good Candela Wrapper, there are tons of options out there. Camacho makes a good candela. Arturo Fuente makes a good candela (8-5-8 is a great size for it). Don Tomas makes a decent candela. illusione had one... not sure if they still do.

call up ccom and see what they have to offer. just dont go to thompson. you will be sorry.
  • Options
    jship079jship079 Posts: 621
    kuzi16:
    the Iguana brand of cigars comes from Thomson Cigar. this company is quite possibly the worst retailer for any product ever. you will order one thing from them, they will send you another. when you try and call them out on it they will basically tell you to "read the fine print"
    the fine prints says you agreed to it. they have also been known to "bait and switch" by offering one special and sending you a different one all together. complaints are never handled nicely. i have also heard stories of people ordering one thing, getting it but also receiving additional product that was not ordered and getting charged for it and not being able to return it and/or get a refund.
    my dad ordered from there once and the cigars were received dry.

so... basically i hate the Lizard. it could be the best cigar on the planet, but if it is a Thompson product, i will never buy it. i dont want thompson to accidentally think they are doing a good job.

if you are looking for a good Candela Wrapper, there are tons of options out there. Camacho makes a good candela. Arturo Fuente makes a good candela (8-5-8 is a great size for it). Don Tomas makes a decent candela. illusione had one... not sure if they still do.

call up ccom and see what they have to offer. just dont go to thompson. you will be sorry.
    just to add one macanudo makes great candela