Home Ratings & Reviews

MOW Virtue vs La Herencia Cubana

ZAPZAP Posts: 186 ✭✭
Are these two similar in strength?  I had them back-to-back yesterday and really preferred the La Herencia Cubana although the Virtue was certainly nice enough....just thought the La Herencia Cubana packed more flavor in a medium bodied smoke.

I'd love to hear what others think of these two smokes..

Comments

• wwhwangwwhwang Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭
    In my opinion, comparing La Herencia Cubana and MoW Virtue is like comparing wine and liquor. Both have alcohol, but they're completely different beasts. La Herencia Cubana is a sumatra wrapper and tends to be medium strength and body with cedar, oak, spice, and pepper. Man O' War Virtue has a connie wrapper and is a mild to medium with cream, nuts, cedar, and white pepper.

Personally, I love the Man O' War Virtue. As for the La Herencia Cubana original? I found it kind of boring. The La Herencia Cubana Oscuro Fuerte, though, that's a full strength with LOTS of flavor.
  • bigharpoonbigharpoon Posts: 2,963 ✭✭✭
    wwhwang:
    In my opinion, comparing La Herencia Cubana and MoW Virtue is like comparing wine and liquor. Both have alcohol, but they're completely different beasts. La Herencia Cubana is a sumatra wrapper and tends to be medium strength and body with cedar, oak, spice, and pepper. Man O' War Virtue has a connie wrapper and is a mild to medium with cream, nuts, cedar, and white pepper.

Personally, I love the Man O' War Virtue. As for the La Herencia Cubana original? I found it kind of boring. The La Herencia Cubana Oscuro Fuerte, though, that's a full strength with LOTS of flavor.
    I agree almost completely, with the exception being that I really like the LHC original a lot.
  • fla-gypsyfla-gypsy Posts: 3,023 ✭✭
    Heck I like all of them and will smoke any and all on contact. There is a big difference between the Conn. wrapper and the Sumatra wrapper.
  • vegassparkyvegassparky Posts: 365
    I keep both in my humi. I prefer a full flavor cigar. but my wife loves the LHC.and the LHC goes great with Rum and coke. both are a AJ blend. as for flavor i have always found them to be very different. Vitue is my go to stick for newbies.