Home Non Cigar Related

Shipping costs

PsychoSJGPsychoSJG Posts: 766 ✭✭✭
I've gotta say, sometimes I'm really not happy with shipping costs. I just ordered from another site because I wanted the CAO MX3. For 3 cigars they charged $13.65 shipping. When my package arrived, the cost for shipping was $1.90. Seriously???? WTF??

Comments

• wwhwangwwhwang Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭
    PsychoSJG:
    I've gotta say, sometimes I'm really not happy with shipping costs. I just ordered from another site because I wanted the CAO MX3. For 3 cigars they charged $13.65 shipping. When my package arrived, the cost for shipping was $1.90. Seriously???? WTF??
    Demand your money back. Looks like they just made an extra 12 bucks off of you. Which site was it?
  • xmacroxmacro Posts: 3,402
    wwhwang:
    Demand your money back.
    yeah . . . good luck with that, you're gonna need it
  • jship079jship079 Posts: 621
    thats why they call it shipping and handleng that make big money on the poor bastards pushing out 1000 boxs a hr. for 7.25
  • PsychoSJGPsychoSJG Posts: 766 ✭✭✭
    I will be on their **** tomorrow. I used to do sales and customer relations, so I know how to work some stuff. And it was fresnocigar.com, part of Cigars Limited
  • zoom6zoomzoom6zoom Posts: 1,214
    See, that's what you get for going to a different site. If you don't see it on the website, give the ccom guys a call, not everything is listed online.
    jship079:
    thats why they call it shipping and handleng that make big money on the poor bastards pushing out 1000 boxs a hr. for 7.25
    I can deff understand a little bit of handling charges (even though this site didnt mention handling fees). A few bucks more than shipping for the boxes, effort, etc, sure. But a $12 charge to put 3 sticks in one lil box? give me a break.
    zoom6zoom:
    See, that's what you get for going to a different site. If you don't see it on the website, give the ccom guys a call, not everything is listed online.
    I did, but they don't have the MX3. It's very very limited to only a handful of stores
  • Joeyjoe21_8Joeyjoe21_8 Posts: 2,048
    just give ccom a few weeks and they will have it......and yeah, i agree thats what u get for going to another site! lol...i did it once, never again unless its something special
  • One2gofstOne2gofst Posts: 583
    Hey, if someone wants to shop on another site, that is that guy's business.

However, what purpose does it serve besides to hear yourself talk to come on here and complain about another site? Don't forget who pays for this house.
    Its a thread about how some places charge redic shipping, I only mentioned which site after it was asked. And for the record, that was the only time I have ordered from another site. I am loyal to this site, and only ordered elsewhere because I can't get that cigar here, and I really wanted it.
  • stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Posts: 4,317
    One2gofst:
    Hey, if someone wants to shop on another site, that is that guy's business.

However, what purpose does it serve besides to hear yourself talk to come on here and complain about another site? Don't forget who pays for this house.
    HAHAHAHAHA! He didn't mention names until he was asked. Man, love ccom much One2?

• stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Posts: 4,317
    PsychoSJG:
    Its a thread about how some places charge redic shipping, I only mentioned which site after it was asked. And for the record, that was the only time I have ordered from another site. I am loyal to this site, and only ordered elsewhere because I can't get that cigar here, and I really wanted it.
    Hey man as you can tell we love this place... just a heads up. Shoot a PM so it doesn't seem like you're trying to solicit.

• denniskingdennisking Posts: 3,703 ✭✭✭
    you can always call here and see if they have the stick but just not listed online. there are only so many warehouses and CCom shares theres with some other retailers. they have access to lots of stuff
  • Nick2021Nick2021 Posts: 938 ✭✭
    I would ask them how they determined the formula for the shipping....also, were you made aware of what the charges would be before you shipped or did you inquire about it?
    They said they'd call back tomorrow. All the bill online said was Shipping UPS: $13.65, then it came by USPS and the label said $1.90
  • jship079jship079 Posts: 621
    PsychoSJG:
    They said they'd call back tomorrow. All the bill online said was Shipping UPS: $13.65, then it came by USPS and the label said $1.90
    most places charge flat rate shipping and if you are in a area were it is cheaper they will use USPS but yeah you got ripped off