Home Ratings & Reviews

Hate mentioning other vendors, but have a question about JR Cigars' house brands...

bacon.jaybacon.jay Posts: 720 ✭✭✭
I got one of their catalogs in the mail and was flipping through it the other day and saw their "Genuine Counterfeit Cuban" line and wondered if anyone has had any of them before, and what they're like.

Feel free to PM me with information, opinions, suggestions, comments, etc, or just post them here.

Comments

• FourtotheflushFourtotheflush Posts: 2,555
    You should take this one down. Bad Form!
  • docbp87docbp87 Posts: 3,521
    They are absolutely terrible. "Dog rocket" is too gentle an insult. *** ING FILTHY *** LOG is more like it.
  • bacon.jaybacon.jay Posts: 720 ✭✭✭
    docbp87:
    They are absolutely terrible. "Dog rocket" is too gentle an insult. *** ING FILTHY *** LOG is more like it.
    Noted. Also, LOL at unedited txt in quote ha ha.

• rwheelwrightrwheelwright Posts: 3,296
    Fourtotheflush:
    I'm not sure about this being bad form. If Jay said "I went to JRs and bought blah blah blah for x amount then yeah it's bad. But he was referring to an actual cigar not unlike a CI Legends, ccom **** label, etc... Sure, it is a competitor company but it is a cigar he was asking about. Not really any different than asking about a Perdomo, Opus X or any cigar that ccom does not carry.

Now, that's my opinion but I'm kinda unsure about this one. It could go either way.
  • stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Posts: 4,317
    You know I'm skeptical of any house blend.
    Or cigar that's not sold at another retailer, by some unknown blender.

• j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    rwheelwright:
    Fourtotheflush:
    I'm not sure about this being bad form. If Jay said "I went to JRs and bought blah blah blah for x amount then yeah it's bad. But he was referring to an actual cigar not unlike a CI Legends, ccom **** label, etc... Sure, it is a competitor company but it is a cigar he was asking about. Not really any different than asking about a Perdomo, Opus X or any cigar that ccom does not carry.

Now, that's my opinion but I'm kinda unsure about this one. It could go either way.
    I didn't think this was in bad form, it's a cigar like any other that one might ask for opinions about, so I don't see any problem.
  • ejenne87ejenne87 Posts: 1,925 ✭✭
    I live pretty close to that place and have only been there 2 times. I bought from them one time and never will again. I absolutely despise their customer service. And, those cigars you were talking about, I have seen them there before. I picked one up and it didn't have any weight to it at all, the wrapper was all discolored and it smelled awful. I would not suggest wasting time on them, just my opinion though.
  • FourtotheflushFourtotheflush Posts: 2,555
    j0z3r:
    rwheelwright:
    Fourtotheflush:

I didn't think this was in bad form, it's a cigar like any other that one might ask for opinions about, so I don't see any problem.
    I definately think it could have been done easlily without mentioning a catalog company or their initials. Why not just ask about counterfit cubans?
  • bacon.jaybacon.jay Posts: 720 ✭✭✭
    Fourtotheflush:
    j0z3r:
    rwheelwright:
    Fourtotheflush:

I definately think it could have been done easlily without mentioning a catalog company or their initials. Why not just ask about counterfit cubans?
    That specific line they have made is actually called "Genuine Counterfeit Cubans". There's a couple other ones in the series, but that particular naming convention is specific to that series of cigars for that company. If I had just said "counterfeit cubans" that would be a very broad and general term used for anything said to be Cuban cigars but were in fact, not.

It's alright now though, I've gotten enough feedback to assume they're trash, so it doesn't really matter anyways.

• KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
    IMO, they give dog rockets a bad name.

"Long ashes my friends."

• I had them a long time ago - maybe 2002 - and thought they were alright. Haven't tried them since. I thought they were a Perdomo brand when they were initially released, but I could be wrong about that.
  • Hawk55Hawk55 Posts: 846
    +1 not bad form..just asking advice.