Home Ratings & Reviews
Options

Tatuaje Petit Cazadores Reserva review

docbp87docbp87 Posts: 3,521
TATUAJE PETITE CAZADORES RESERVA
4x40

This little corona/small cigar is one of two 4x40 vitolas that Pete Johnson and Tatuaje Cigar debuted at IPCPR this year. The other is the Verocru no.5, an extension on the Verocru Havana VI extension. Cigar lines can become a little complicated, but hopefully these are clear enough. The Petite Cazadores Reserva is a new, regular production in the Reserva line, a segment of the Brown Label line that forms the core of Tatuaje cigars, and constitute less limited releases of special cigars from Tatuaje (the Cojonu series, the RC cigars, etc.) In this case, the Petite Cazadores Reserva is designated 'Reserva' due to its use of the awe inspiring, dark as night Connecticut Broadleaf Maduro wrapper which is very highly regarded. In color it is, as I mentioned, a smooth dark chocolate. There are no really large veins visible. The seams are tight, and the triple cap is fantastic. An interesting little element of this small smoke is the closed foot, which Johnson seems to like, using it on his personal blend, the Tatuaje Black Label, and now this. The aroma is slight, and chocolate like. The closed foot prevents much of a smell, and not much feel for the cold draw either. There is a slight sweet tobacco flavor, and a hint of cocoa on the pre-light draw. Need to light it for it to open up.

Perfect performance aside from the tough draw initially. Great flavors, fantastic even. Smoke production has never been short of amazing. Leather, coffee, sweet tobacco, pepper. Great profile, and everything I have come to expect from Tatuaje cigars, especially those using the Connecticut Broadleaf wrapper. This is definitely a cigar I will be buying more of. They come in Cabs of 50 cigars, at a good price that works out to about $4/stick, which is cheap for any Brown Label cigar. Consider this a new addition to my regular smoke rotation.

Full review at Smoke Into Oblivion

Comments

• Options
    lilwing88lilwing88 Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭
    Awesome review.... I had the 7th Reserva Corona the other day. These are next on my hit-list.
    Guns don't kill people, Daddies with pretty daughters do…..