Home Ratings & Reviews

Arturo Fuente Hemingway

Arturo Fuente Hemingway Classic – 7x48 / Dominican Republic / Medium WOW! This is one of the BEST cigars out there! The taste, the burn, and the draw are exceptional. This cigar is on my top ten list. Like the Davidoff, all you have to do is smell it and you will fall in love with it. For the full review and other cigar reviews please visit http://cigarclubreviews.blogspot.com ck79

Comments

• docbp87docbp87 Posts: 3,521
    Huge fan of Fuente, and these are definitely among the best. Never had the maduro, but the Cameroon wrapped Hemis are amazing.
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    about 5 years ago when i got into cigars this cigar was HUGE in the market. im not sure (off the top of my head) when it came out but it was still all the rage. i remember being stoked when someone sent be the firs one. (elidog, if you are out there, thanks!) i was very happy with it. it was the first cigar i did a serious review of. if im not mistaken it got an 8.8 but i think it may get a better score now. my scoring system had some bugs back then.
  • fuentejpsfuentejps Posts: 345
    incredible smoke, the entire hem line is awesome. 2nd only to the doncarlos line
  • FourtotheflushFourtotheflush Posts: 2,555
    Ive only had the Short Story, but I really really liked it for a quick smoke.
  • t_evan50t_evan50 Posts: 1,725
    I love these sticks. Def. in my top ten.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,917
    I can't wait to try one of these bad boys. What did you pair it with?
  • bigharpoonbigharpoon Posts: 2,963 ✭✭✭
    I'll have to revisit this one. I had one earlier this summer and it was the most boring smoke I've had since I tried a Macanudo. Seriously, it tasted like air. I was completely bummed and couldn't believe it. I've been grizzled against anything Fuente ever since.
  • ejenne87ejenne87 Posts: 1,925 ✭✭
    Fourtotheflush:
    Ive only had the Short Story, but I really really liked it for a quick smoke.
    Me too. Only the short story, only one time. But it was pretty great.
    bigharpoon:
    I'll have to revisit this one. I had one earlier this summer and it was the most boring smoke I've had since I tried a Macanudo. Seriously, it tasted like air. I was completely bummed and couldn't believe it. I've been grizzled against anything Fuente ever since.
    smoke it on a clean palate. it may help. and dont judge the entire brand by one cigar. there are some very good cigars the Fuente puts out.
  • Russ55Russ55 Posts: 2,765 ✭✭
    I need to revisit this one also. Is it the Cameroons or the maduros that most people like? Also, what size is good? I tried the short story, but miniature perfectos aren't really my thing.
  • fuentejpsfuentejps Posts: 345
    try the classic.
    Russ55:
    I need to revisit this one also. Is it the Cameroons or the maduros that most people like?
    the cameroon... but mostly because the maduro is rare enough that most people never get a chance to try one.
  • laker1963laker1963 Posts: 5,046
    kuzi16:
    Russ55:
    I need to revisit this one also. Is it the Cameroons or the maduros that most people like?
    the cameroon... but mostly because the maduro is rare enough that most people never get a chance to try one.
    The Maduro's blow the Cameroons out of the water IMO. One of the first box purchases I made, ahhhh memories LOL.
    laker1963:
    kuzi16:
    Russ55:
    The Maduro's blow the Cameroons out of the water IMO. One of the first box purchases I made, ahhhh memories LOL.
    this may be true.
    i was using the play on words because most people dont ever try the maduro to even know if they like it more.

its like saying the after smoking your first cigar ever "this is the best cigar i have ever had"

win by default...
  • rwheelwrightrwheelwright Posts: 3,296
    I've been smoking this cigar since the late 90s. Not sure when they came out but I remember getting them and I didn't even know what I was smoking.
  • PuroFreakPuroFreak Posts: 4,131 ✭✭
    I love both the Hemingway Cameroon and Maduro. The Maduro in my opinion is the better smoke, but as Kuzi said, they are very rare and not everyone gets to try them. I actually haven't had one of the Cameroon wrapped Hemingways in a long time... Need to fix that problem soon.