Home Non Cigar Related

Need prayers from my believing brothers

fla-gypsyfla-gypsy Posts: 3,023 ✭✭
My 84 yo Father has been hospitalized and diagnosed with colon cancer. The doctors are trying to determine the extent and map a course of action. He is a man of great faith and does not fear death but we are not ready to give him up yet. I am 53 and I still see him as a giant among men. I have not spent much time here as a result of this but I do stop by and read a little daily. However this turns out I am prepared to deal with it. Pray for us please.

Comments

• denniskingdennisking Posts: 3,703 ✭✭✭
    my prayers for your father. i will pray that God's will is done and that you and your family can be accepting of his will, regardless of the outcome, as it sounds that's the type of man your father is.
    my dad just had prostate cancer. it's all gone now. doctors have some amazing technology to use.
  • RedtailhawkozRedtailhawkoz Posts: 2,915
    fla-gypsy:
    My 84 yo Father has been hospitalized and diagnosed with colon cancer. The doctors are trying to determine the extent and map a course of action. He is a man of great faith and does not fear death but we are not ready to give him up yet. I am 53 and I still see him as a giant among men. I have not spent much time here as a result of this but I do stop by and read a little daily. However this turns out I am prepared to deal with it. Pray for us please.

My Prayers are with you my friend, seemsthat a lot of us are in this Boat. Your father sounds like an amazing Man! He is in The Creators Hands. Anything we can do just ask.
  • stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Posts: 4,317
    Praying for your family brother.

• undulacundulac Posts: 1,129
    You are in my prayers FL.
  • YankeeManYankeeMan Posts: 2,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You've got them brother.
  • jsnakejsnake Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am praying a lot lately. Definitely will add this to them.
  • lilwing88lilwing88 Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭
    My prayers for you and your family.
    Guns don't kill people, Daddies with pretty daughters do…..
  • Sandman1amSandman1am Posts: 2,567
    Thinking and praying for you and your family brother.
  • my prayers are with you and your family brother
  • kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    Hey Gypsy.. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.
  • Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
    prayers for you and yours, hopefully this has been caught early, if so, the results can be amazing. Spend your time with him, we're thinking of you.
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    Prayers for you and your family brother ...
  • The SniperThe Sniper Posts: 3,910
    Will add your family to my nightly prayer list Al. Please keep us posted, we will all be pulling for you.

• jship079jship079 Posts: 621
    I am praying for you man
  • LukoLuko Posts: 2,003 ✭✭
    like I told my man geno, good karma coming your way from Pittsburgh.
  • cabinetmakercabinetmaker Posts: 2,560 ✭✭
    you got em.
  • KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
    Sorry to hear it Gypsy, prayers coming your way buddy.

"Long ashes my friends."

• ScottTDawgScottTDawg Posts: 206 ✭✭
    Prayers being sent your way.
  • fla-gypsyfla-gypsy Posts: 3,023 ✭✭
    More testing has revealed that the tumors appear to have not spread. They have let him come home until the surgery next week. I will keep you posted
  • Hawk55Hawk55 Posts: 846
    Prayers to you and your family Gypsy..
    fla-gypsy:
    More testing has revealed that the tumors appear to have not spread. They have let him come home until the surgery next week. I will keep you posted
    This has gotta be a good sign right? Will keep the prayers coming!

• Sandman1amSandman1am Posts: 2,567
    Still thinking about your family.
  • ENFIDLENFIDL Posts: 5,836
    Sorry to hear about this man. Prayers for you and your fam!
    A quick update. The medical system has to extract it's pound of cash as my father sees a long string of doctors to get all of their blessings before the surgery can take place. Looks like it will now be next week before all hoops are jumped. I appreciate all of the prayers from my brothers.
    Even though this sucks... if jumping thru dozens of hoops are whats required, in this situation you jump like a one legged man in an azz kicking contest! :-D More prayers coming your way for a quick and positive conclusion to your father's health issues my friend. Please keep the updates coming.

Pop came through the surgery well in spite of some complications. Prognosis is for a full recovery. Thanks to all my brothers who took the time to pray
  • kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    fla-gypsy:
    Pop came through the surgery well in spite of some complications. Prognosis is for a full recovery. Thanks to all my brothers who took the time to pray
    Good to hear gypsy.. I like the full recovery news most of all.
  • smoke_em_if_you_got_emsmoke_em_if_you_got_em Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭✭✭
    fla-gypsy:
    I apology that I hadnt seen this post eariler, but I am glad to hear that your pop is doing well. All the best.