Home Non Cigar Related

Nerd Rage goin on in my 'hood...

HaysHays Posts: 2,337 ✭✭✭
So yeah, we have a huge (1.5mil sq ft) mall here in town, and it looks like we've got some nerd rage going on today! Turns out not long after the mall opened this morning, a guy entered the Game Stop, demanded everybody evacuate, and lit the store on fire. Now he's barricaded somewhere in the mall, shots have been fired, and he had a backpack with him with unknown contents. No injuries known so far, but by the amount of smoke coming from the mall right now it seems like that fire is getting stronger. Should be interesting to see how this progresses!
¨The cure for anything is salt water: sweat, tears, or the sea¨ - Isak Dinesen

¨Only two people walk around in this world beardless - boys and women - and I am neither one.¨

Comments

• Andrew_DzikoskiAndrew_Dzikoski Posts: 381 ✭✭✭
    Oh Man that's such a waste I could totally use a free PS3 or Xbox 360 and a nice selection of games and maybe one of the flat screens thats currently melting.
  • HaysHays Posts: 2,337 ✭✭✭
    Andrew Dzikoski:
    Oh Man that's such a waste I could totally use a free PS3 or Xbox 360 and a nice selection of games and maybe one of the flat screens thats currently melting.
    No joke! To be honest, it HAD to be a GameStop... cuz you know if someone walked into a Big 5 Sporting Goods with no real apparent weapon (turns out the 'shots fired' were the police firing projectile devices to break windows), that dumbass would've been tackled flat. LOL

¨Only two people walk around in this world beardless - boys and women - and I am neither one.¨
  • cabinetmakercabinetmaker Posts: 2,560 ✭✭
    Anyone remember a game called redneck rampage? Maybe this could be made into a variant, lol.
  • denniskingdennisking Posts: 3,703 ✭✭✭
    cabinetmaker:
    Anyone remember a game called redneck rampage? Maybe this could be made into a variant, lol.
    that game rocked so damn hard. the only game i ever really played. blowin up chickens is awesome
  • RedtailhawkozRedtailhawkoz Posts: 2,915
    Hays:
    Andrew Dzikoski:
    No joke! To be honest, it HAD to be a GameStop... cuz you know if someone walked into a Big 5 Sporting Goods with no real apparent weapon (turns out the 'shots fired' were the police firing projectile devices to break windows), that dumbass would've been tackled flat. LOL

Its on Lockdown and the mall has been evacuated........ Last I heard the place was being torched everywhere!
  • stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Posts: 4,317
    this is kinda... seriously epic!!!!!

Redtailhawkoz:
    Last I heard the place was being torched everywhere!
    Not sure where you heard this, but we were watching the news till it stopped broadcasting - from what we saw, the fire is likely to have spread into the adjacent stores, but not much beyond that (according to the news)

• sirfoster83sirfoster83 Posts: 783
    Thats why the boy only gets to play his video games for an hour. And nothing but sports games. And I turn the fighting off for the hockey game.
  • mrpillowmrpillow Posts: 464
    sirfoster83:
    Thats why the boy only gets to play his video games for an hour. And nothing but sports games. And I turn the fighting off for the hockey game.
    This made me chuckle.
  • sirfoster83sirfoster83 Posts: 783
    mrpillow:
    sirfoster83:
    This made me chuckle.
    Best part is he was watching the highlights from the Wild game and theres a Canuck player attacking a fan. He looked at me and said he doesn't want to sit close next time we go to the game
    Well about an hour ago the fire was said to be out...and now, it appears something large has combusted, the roof has fallen in at a few places, and people are going nuts. There's not a definitive answer as to whether it was a bomb, or something else, but either way this has gone completely insane.

• fla-gypsyfla-gypsy Posts: 3,023 ✭✭
    In this part of the world if the guy had no hostages SWAT would have blown him up after 2 hours. I hope no one gets hurt in all of it.
  • stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Posts: 4,317
    fla-gypsy:
    In this part of the world if the guy had no hostages SWAT would have blown him up after 2 hours. I hope no one gets hurt in all of it.
    Hell in this part of the world if the guy had hostages they would've blown him up!
    Case and point Discovery Channel.

Hays:
    Well about an hour ago the fire was said to be out...and now, it appears something large has combusted, the roof has fallen in at a few places, and people are going nuts. There's not a definitive answer as to whether it was a bomb, or something else, but either way this has gone completely insane.

I have ben watching it the fire has raged throughout a middle section of the mall , still burning , roof collapsed, all the mall is flooded in several inches of Water.... The Backpack with whatever is init Bomb, explosives? gun, who knows the roof fell in on it and now thats the issue. WILD STUFFF! 23 year old Mentally disturned Oxycontin User.... has been on prozac , and other mental health type drugs. Bi Polar disorder....... he will please insanity.... he was just crazy about Gamestop and his sister was abducted by Aliens!
  • gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    What ... in ... the ...he_ll ???
  • bandyt09bandyt09 Posts: 4,335 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hays:
    So yeah, we have a huge (1.5mil sq ft) mall here in town, and it looks like we've got some nerd rage going on today! Turns out not long after the mall opened this morning, a guy entered the Game Stop, demanded everybody evacuate, and lit the store on fire. Now he's barricaded somewhere in the mall, shots have been fired, and he had a backpack with him with unknown contents. No injuries known so far, but by the amount of smoke coming from the mall right now it seems like that fire is getting stronger. Should be interesting to see how this progresses!
    When I read this story earlier at work, I thought immediately of you and was wondering if you had seen the commotion. I guess I have my answer......

BTW, did that mall have a cigar store?
  • One2gofstOne2gofst Posts: 583
    Quite the interesting story. I hope no innocent people get hurt

Reminds me in college, on fridays i got out of class at 11am and my buddy Corey (RIP) didn't have class, so as soon as I got out I'd head over to his apt. and we'd sit in his living room drinking beer and watching whatever craziness the cable news shows had on that day. You would not believe the amount of nutjob wackiness that takes place on fridays. It was quite entertaining. One of my favorites was when a guy stole a logging truck and proceeded to instigate a high-speed chase with logs flying off the back of his rig.
    bandyt09:
    Hays:
    When I read this story earlier at work, I thought immediately of you and was wondering if you had seen the commotion. I guess I have my answer......

Yes there is a Cigar Store! LOL I hope they have a FIRE SALE!
    Redtailhawkoz:
    bandyt09:
    Hays:

Yes there is a Cigar Store! LOL I hope they have a FIRE SALE!
    Hahahaha yeah I was joking around earlier that I should go to the shop - his spot is located downstairs from the start of the fire, but realistically not very far from it - and tell him all his sticks are smoke-damaged...wonder if he'd fall for it!

And Oz - when I had posted earlier that the fire was out - the news had reported it as so, so I was just relaying that along. About an hour/two later is when something blasted and spread the fire further.

zoom6zoom:
    From this video, suspect looks more like a thug than a nerd. http://www.kcra.com/r-video/25467555/detail.html
    Well either way, it was a joke based off it starting in GameStop.

• zoom6zoomzoom6zoom Posts: 1,214
    n/m
  • KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
    I always said if you were gonna torch a store, make it Game Stop.

"Long ashes my friends."

Krieg:

NO ***! Nothing but Punks and Gang Bangers Hanging out there and the Freakin Video Game Market is KILLING an ENTIRE geration of KIDS!
  • mrpillowmrpillow Posts: 464
    Redtailhawkoz:
    Krieg:

NO ***! Nothing but Punks and Gang Bangers Hanging out there and the Freakin Video Game Market is KILLING an ENTIRE geration of KIDS!
    Correction: Stupidity is killing an entire generation of kids. The video games are merely an outlet.
  • Garen BGaren B Posts: 977
    mrpillow:
    Redtailhawkoz:
    Krieg:

Correction: Stupidity is killing an entire generation of kids. The video games are merely an outlet.
    Hit the nail on the head right there mrpillow. Kinda sad to see my generation get dumber, hell a good portion of them can't even communicate face to face all that well, just through Twitter and Facebook.