Home Cigar 101

ccom deluxe humidor humidifier and hygrometer

Looking for suggestions on what size/brand humidifier and hygrometer to use with my new ccom deluxe 20 count humidor? I used the search feature to no immediate results. I am looking for the most economical solution to keep my smokes at optimum conditions with this humidor. Links to other posts or websites are welcomed as well. Thanks!

Comments

• cleakecleake Posts: 21
    Because of the size of your humi I found that a Boveda pack at 69% works wonderfull. Regulates humi well and you simply change out every 3/4 months....easiest way to go
  • bacon.jaybacon.jay Posts: 720 ✭✭✭
    A tube of beads from Heartfelt would also work well, as would a Drimistat humidification tube.

• Pacman84Pacman84 Posts: 2,753 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have a Drymistat tube in humi, works great!
  • I got one Drymistat tube and I bought a caliber III hygrometer. I have seasoned it two days now and after first 24 hour period it was at 65%rh and after second day it was at 67%. I am going to give it one more day to reach 70%rh before I get impatient and put my cigars inside. The caliber III is very sensitive though as the rh dropped from 67% to 62% in a matter of minutes when I opened and closed the lid to refill my distilled water dish. Also, the drymistat tube is working well but with the gook inside it is hard to tell if it is full or not. Can I just assume that if I see air gaps inside that I should fill it up and shake it until it doesn't leak anymore?
  • shawtdshawtd Posts: 72
    Hi. I have the same humidor. I have one drymistat stick in there and I sometimes add or remove the black hockey puck humidifier as needed based on my rh level. Seems there are lots of ways to get it done....