Home General Discussion

How Cigar.com was Started

Hello my name is Christian Sapp, I am a college student at CSU Chico and I am in a class called academic writing. For my class we have to write an academic paper analyzing a participatory culture online, when I was given the assignment I thought this would give me a great chance to analyze something I love like cigars. Since I was a part of community it was easy to start analyzing but now I need to find out how cigar.com was started I was wondering if anyone knew how it was started and if not who I could talk to find out this information. Also could anyone give me some details in how the online community was started with the forums, blogs, and e-mail newsletter and why they decided to make an online community instead of just a place where someone could buy a cigar? Thank you for your time.

Sincerely,
Christian Sapp

Comments

• wwhwangwwhwang Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭
    Why don't you try calling CCom during their business hours? I'm pretty certain some of their reps would be glad to give you a history lesson about the company.
  • SchroozSchrooz Posts: 165
    Read ALex's bio, blogs, and musings on the site. I think he mentions some things about the origins of the company.
  • how do i find alexs blogs and so on?
  • undulacundulac Posts: 1,129
    Christian_Sapp:
    how do i find alexs blogs and so on?
    Under the "Community" section up above. Should find some good stuff in there.
  • xmacroxmacro Posts: 3,402
    The weird thing is, on a lot of online cigar forums, the posters are **** who look down on anyone who doesn't smoke what they like. If you go on and say you only like mild cigars, you'll get a lot of grief from posters telling you to grow up; whereas on Ccom, it's understood that everyone has different tastes.

No idea why Ccom is home to so many generous and likeable BOTL's when other forums are full of jerks :-/
  • Garen BGaren B Posts: 977
    xmacro:
    No idea why Ccom is home to so many generous and likeable BOTL's when other forums are full of jerks :-/
    The Beard. Enough said.
  • cabinetmakercabinetmaker Posts: 2,560 ✭✭
    Garen B:
    xmacro:
    The Beard. Enough said.
    The Beard... Now that's what I'd write my paper on. I mean you could just write that as the title and turn it in blank and get an "A"...
  • HaysHays Posts: 2,337 ✭✭✭
    cabinetmaker:
    Garen B:
    The Beard. Enough said.
    The Beard... Now that's what I'd write my paper on. I mean you could just write that as the title and turn it in blank and get an "A"...
    HAHAHAHA epic tag team.... Cabi AND Garen for the signature quote!
    ¨The cure for anything is salt water: sweat, tears, or the sea¨ - Isak Dinesen

¨Only two people walk around in this world beardless - boys and women - and I am neither one.¨
  • denniskingdennisking Posts: 3,703 ✭✭✭
    The Beard would garner a grade higher than an A if there were one.
  • bigharpoonbigharpoon Posts: 2,963 ✭✭✭
    You'd get a nice, delicious AAA...
  • fla-gypsyfla-gypsy Posts: 3,023 ✭✭
    Herein lies the true beginning of Ccom. The planets are in perfect alignment, cosmic particles from some far flung place in the universe land on one man. His name is Tim, and he has no idea what has happened. The next day a beard of ligero only hairs has formed that exerts incredible power on all things human. The perfect symbiotic relationship of beard and man has evolved and the idea for Ccom is born, the rest is history.
  • The Beard is a grade higher than "A"
  • sightunseensightunseen Posts: 2,130 ✭✭
    Canadian:
    The Beard is a grade higher than "A"
    I'd go so far as to say that "The Beard" IS a grade. You aced your math test? Fck no, you fcking idiot, you Bearded it.
  • beardedcanadianbeardedcanadian Posts: 86 ✭✭
    sightunseen:
    Canadian:
    The Beard is a grade higher than "A"
    I'd go so far as to say that "The Beard" IS a grade. You aced your math test? Fck no, you fcking idiot, you Bearded it.
    Classic dude...that is great...not too much makes me laugh when I am online, but that did.
  • You're a college student at Chico state you say? Wanna know something wierd...I'M a college student at Chico state!! I kid you not my friend, what a small world.  whereabouts in Chico do you reside?
  • Nick2021Nick2021 Posts: 938 ✭✭
    The Beard defeated Hulk Hogan at the Battle of Little Big Horn!
  • lilwing88lilwing88 Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭
    Nick2021:
    The Beard defeated Hulk Hogan at the Battle of Little Big Horn!
    ..... with a flying elbow from the top of the cage.
    Guns don't kill people, Daddies with pretty daughters do…..