Home Non Cigar Related

TEXAS RANGERS!!

PuroFreakPuroFreak Posts: 4,131 ✭✭
Well my Texas Rangers are going to the WORLD SERIES!!!!! The Yankees fans out there will come up with all kinds of excuses, but they flat out got out played. Amazing series! I've been a Rangers fan and have been going to games since I was around 8 years old. It's amazing to see us win our first AL Championship!!!

Comments

• Matt MarvelMatt Marvel Posts: 930
    As far as I know, we're the only Rangers fans on this board. Tonight was so amazing. I can't describe the feelings and emotions I've had since that final out. I loved watching us get there by beating the Yankees. That's what makes this so much sweeter. Aside from the 8th inning in game 1 and game 5, we pretty much dominated them. The numbers are quite impressive. 2010 AL Champions!!!!!
  • PuroFreakPuroFreak Posts: 4,131 ✭✭
    I agree, it was an amazing series! I think Garen likes the Rangers too. He texted me right after the game ended. He may not be a native Texan, but I think he is adapting well. haha
    PuroFreak:
    I agree, it was an amazing series! I think Garen likes the Rangers too. He texted me right after the game ended. He may not be a native Texan, but I think he is adapting well. haha
    Seems like it. This means more to me than any championship a D/FW team could ever win, and a WS win would even more meaningful. I've expressed this to people who just don't understand why. It's the Rangers. This franchise has been historically bad. This is a lifetime of misery being wiped out.
  • Garen BGaren B Posts: 977
    Rangers are like my Padres, lovable losers. Besides, I gotta have an AL team and the Angels sure as hell can't put anything together.
  • Dustin1981Dustin1981 Posts: 412
    Garen B:
    Rangers are like my Padres, lovable losers. Besides, I gotta have an AL team and the Angels sure as hell can't put anything together.
    Neither can the Indians but I am a fan of any team that plays the Yankees. It was a great series though.
  • KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
    PuroFreak:
    Well my Texas Rangers are going to the WORLD SERIES!!!!! The Yankees fans out there will come up with all kinds of excuses, but they flat out got out played. Amazing series! I've been a Rangers fan and have been going to games since I was around 8 years old. It's amazing to see us win our first AL Championship!!!
    The Yankees are choke artists

"Long ashes my friends."

• GoldyGoldy Posts: 1,638 ✭✭
    If the yankees are playing the rangers then I am a rangers fan. I actually like the rangers because Ron Washington is a former twin who has done well for himself but I would have liked to see a rangers twins series.
  • cabinetmakercabinetmaker Posts: 2,560 ✭✭
    Matt Marvel:
    As far as I know, we're the only Rangers fans on this board. Tonight was so amazing. I can't describe the feelings and emotions I've had since that final out. I loved watching us get there by beating the Yankees. That's what makes this so much sweeter. Aside from the 8th inning in game 1 and game 5, we pretty much dominated them. The numbers are quite impressive. 2010 AL Champions!!!!!
    Huge Ranger fan here too. They finally made it past an all-star break!
  • RedtailhawkozRedtailhawkoz Posts: 2,915
    Krieg:
    PuroFreak:

I look at it like this, I love eny teeam thats Beating Michigan or he Steelers... I love anyone beating the Yankmees...... If the Giants Make it , due to my Geographic Closeness I will be rooting for the Giants since the reds or Indians arent in. But truthfully like the last few World series It will be a Yawner there is just NO excitment in these OVERPAYED ASS WHOLE whiners! LOL
    Redtailhawkoz:
    Krieg:
    PuroFreak:

I look at it like this, I love eny teeam thats Beating Michigan or he Steelers... I love anyone beating the Yankmees...... If the Giants Make it , due to my Geographic Closeness I will be rooting for the Giants since the reds or Indians arent in. But truthfully like the last few World series It will be a Yawner there is just NO excitment in these OVERPAYED ASS WHOLE whiners! LOL
    Thats the great part about the Rangers. They don't have a lot of overpayed whiners. They have a lot of young guys and a lot of guys with heart. Elvis Andrus is a good example of a young kid that plays with more heart than A-Rod or Jeter could ever imagine. Josh Hamilton, Michael Young, and CJ Wilson are the same way. Hell of a team and they have produced some exciting games this year. Glad it's not over yet.
  • YankeeManYankeeMan Posts: 2,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    No excuses. The Yankees were outplayed in every aspect of the game. The way we were not hitting with runners in scoring position at the end of the season, I'm really surprised that we got past the first round! As an American Leaguer, I will root for the Rangers in the World Series. And because this is their first time in. Besides, I want Lee to have more WS experience when we get him next year!
  • t_evan50t_evan50 Posts: 1,725
    I'm a football man but the wife is from Ft. Worth so we back the Rangers. Besides with that kind of offense even I can watch and enjoy the games.
  • LukoLuko Posts: 2,003 ✭✭
    Rooting for the Rangers, mostly cause Nolan seems like a stand up guy and it's always fun to root for the underdog. So who is the underdog if it's Rangers vs. Giants?

• LukoLuko Posts: 2,003 ✭✭
    Redtailhawkoz:
    Krieg:
    PuroFreak:

You must be disappointed quite a bit, considering how infrequently the Steelers lose.
    Luko:
    Redtailhawkoz:
    Krieg:
    PuroFreak:

You must be disappointed quite a bit, considering how infrequently the Steelers lose.
    Remember, it's still early in the season... They have plenty of time to lose still. lol
    Well it looks like we will be taking on the Giants! Should be a damn good game 1 matchup! Cliff Lee vs Tim Lincecum! I don't think the kid is good enough to hang with Lee or the Rangers hitting, but it should be a hell of a challenge!
    Actually, I think it will be a good series with some great pitching matchups. However, right now there a several TV executives looking for the tallest building to jump off of.

As interesting as this series could be, it won't draw the viewers like Yankees v. Phils would. There would be people watching just to root against the Yankees. There seems to be one or two Yankee haters out there!
    YankeeMan:
    Actually, I think it will be a good series with some great pitching matchups. However, right now there a several TV executives looking for the tallest building to jump off of.

As interesting as this series could be, it won't draw the viewers like Yankees v. Phils would. There would be people watching just to root against the Yankees. There seems to be one or two Yankee haters out there!
    Yea, but all the polls in the last couple weeks have shown that the majority of the country wanted the Rangers in the World Series over the Yankees... Doubt ratings will be hurting too bad.
    They just won't be able to pull in the casual fan who only watches the playoffs or championship round/game/series. Everyone knows about the Yankees, Red Sox, Phillies, Cubs, etc. I'm sure people are still scratching their heads and trying to figure out when D/FW got a baseball team.
    I agree with Matt, those teams will not bring in the casual fan. Those people who wanted the Rangers over the Yankees in the poll were not necessarily Ranger fans, but probably Yankee haters.

It's like those who love or hate Notre Dame, the Dallas Cowboys, etc.
  • Congrat's to the Rangers....it's been along time coming for them. Im a Giants fan....so i'm gonna have to say that they will take out the Rangers in 6. Should be a good series though!
    YankeeMan:
    I agree with Matt, those teams will not bring in the casual fan. Those people who wanted the Rangers over the Yankees in the poll were not necessarily Ranger fans, but probably Yankee haters.

But the poll wasn't just between the Yankees and the Rangers, the Poll was all 4 of the teams playing in the league championships. Which out of the 4 teams do you want to win the World Series, and the majority of the country said the Texas Rangers. I think teams like the Yankees and Phillies have the same effect on baseball that Jimmy Johnson and Kyle Busch have had on NASCAR. NASCAR's ratings and attendance have started to plummet since those two became so dominant... People love an underdog. That's part of the reason the Saints had such a huge following during the Super Bowl last time. I think it will be a highly rated World Series personally.
  • Nick2021Nick2021 Posts: 938 ✭✭
    PuroFreak:
    YankeeMan:

But the poll wasn't just between the Yankees and the Rangers, the Poll was all 4 of the teams playing in the league championships. Which out of the 4 teams do you want to win the World Series, and the majority of the country said the Texas Rangers. I think teams like the Yankees and Phillies have the same effect on baseball that Jimmy Johnson and Kyle Busch have had on NASCAR. NASCAR's ratings and attendance have started to plummet since those two became so dominant... People love an underdog. That's part of the reason the Saints had such a huge following during the Super Bowl last time. I think it will be a highly rated World Series personally.
    Honestly, I think it would've sucked to have the same teams playing the WS again...I think the WS will draw a decent amount of viewers this year. Both teams worked hard and definitely deserve to be in the WS.
  • robbyrasrobbyras Posts: 5,487
    Looks like I might be the only Giants fan here... Born and raised in the bay area and I actually work for the team so, needless to say, i'm beyond pumped...

I'm so glad that both "underdog" teams made it... I feel like this series is a big F U to Fox, which is awesome...

gonna be an interesting series... Timmy and Lee is just an unreal matchup... I hope we get NLDS timmy and not NLCS timmy... and I'll take the August Lee if at all possible...

If it comes down to pitching, SF has the edge, but if the Rangers bats can stay hot, it could be rough...

Hot bats running into some Hot pitching should make for a great series that should go at least 6
    Sorry Guys!

The view from my booth...
    Photobucket
  • kingjk729kingjk729 Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭
    robbyras:
    Looks like I might be the only Giants fan here... Born and raised in the bay area and I actually work for the team so, needless to say, i'm beyond pumped...

I'm so glad that both "underdog" teams made it... I feel like this series is a big F U to Fox, which is awesome...

gonna be an interesting series... Timmy and Lee is just an unreal matchup... I hope we get NLDS timmy and not NLCS timmy... and I'll take the August Lee if at all possible...

If it comes down to pitching, SF has the edge, but if the Rangers bats can stay hot, it could be rough...

Hot bats running into some Hot pitching should make for a great series that should go at least 6

I am with you Robby ....... I am a Giants fan ..... was really into baseball before Bonds retired and when he did I stopped following. I like the Yanks but since they are out San Fran is my team.
  • Nick2021Nick2021 Posts: 938 ✭✭
    robbyras:

You're not the only Giants fan here, count me in! I do like Texas, but since the Giants made it, I have to cheer for them! I'll tell you what, their bats came alive last night...couldn't have asked for a better Game 1 of the WS!
  • Sandman1amSandman1am Posts: 2,567
    Forget all of that I wanna go down the Coke bottle slide, with a cigar and a beer!
    Sandman1am:
    Forget all of that I wanna go down the Coke bottle slide, with a cigar and a beer!
    ha... kids get hurt on that thing all the time... usually like one per homestand...
    I hope things start to pick up. The ratings for game two were the second lowest ratings for a game two ever. If Texas starts winning, I thnk that will improve.