Home Ratings & Reviews

How similar is the Ccom Sun-Grown to the Sumatra Natural version of the Ccom Forum Blend?

bacon.jaybacon.jay Posts: 720 ✭✭✭
Title says it. I really like the Sumatra Forum Blend, but if the Sun-Grown is anything like it, I'm thinking that it would be the next best thing. What do you guys think?

Comments

• lilwing88lilwing88 Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭
    Well, the Cuban Label is also a Sumatra wrapper and is also very tasty...... I've never had the Forum Blend Sumatra, but I'd bet they are all great in their own respects. They probably have different fillers and aging factors that make them each unique.
    Guns don't kill people, Daddies with pretty daughters do…..
  • docbp87docbp87 Posts: 3,521
    I've never had the Forum blend Sumatra either, but like Lilwing said, the Sungrown is not a Sumatra wrapper, but the Cuban is.
  • phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    no, in my opinion. Two different cigars completely. I didn't like the ccom sungrown but I do like the sumatra.
  • If it makes a difference; the cuban is a sumatra wrapper but has a similar body and taste as the sun grown label. In my opinion the cuban label was a little smoother and more earthy while the sun grown is a little more peppery. I haven't had the sumatra natural version either but both the ccom cuban and sun grown labels are a good stick for the $$. I prefer the cuban personally.
  • rwheelwrightrwheelwright Posts: 3,296
    docbp87:
    I've never had the Forum blend Sumatra either, but like Lilwing said, the Sungrown is not a Sumatra wrapper, but the Cuban is.
    The Sun Grown IS a sumatra wrapper. The differences, I am not sure. Most likely different fillers, binders and maybe even where the wrappers are from or how long they are fermented, what priming etc... From what I remember, the forum blend was heavier in the hand than the sun grown and cuban. I also remember the cccom label stuff being mixed or short filler. I saw that somewhere but can't remember where.
  • bacon.jaybacon.jay Posts: 720 ✭✭✭
    rwheelwright:
    docbp87:
    The Sun Grown IS a sumatra wrapper. The differences, I am not sure. Most likely different fillers, binders and maybe even where the wrappers are from or how long they are fermented, what priming etc... From what I remember, the forum blend was heavier in the hand than the sun grown and cuban. I also remember the cccom label stuff being mixed or short filler. I saw that somewhere but can't remember where.
    The reason I asked the question is because both the Sumatra Forum Blend and the Sun-Grown use an Ecuadorian sumatra wrapper, like rich said. I looked it up before I asked lol.