Home Non Cigar Related

Music while smoking.

What tunes do you guys listen to while smoking stogies?

I'm usually listening to blues artists like Bukka White, Son House, Mississippi Fred McDowell and Howlin' Wolf. Something about the blues just fits with cigar smoking in my opinion.

Comments

• wwhwangwwhwang Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭
    I'm usually a metal-head, but when I'm enjoying a cigar, I'm either reading a book, enjoying nature, or listening to opera or classical.
  • mrpillowmrpillow Posts: 464
    I'll usually drop something onto the turntable if I'm in the mood. Sometimes its Pink Floyd, sometimes its Billy Joel, sometimes it's Telemann or Rachmaninoff, my taste vary!
  • PuroFreakPuroFreak Posts: 4,131 ✭✭
    I enjoy Sinatra, Louis Armstrong, Dean Martin, or maybe some old Muddy Waters, Buddy Guy, BB King. Just depends on my mood really.
  • fla-gypsyfla-gypsy Posts: 3,023 ✭✭
    Tchaikovsky, Allman Brothers, Lynyrd Skynyrd, Hank Williams, Stevie Ray Vaughan, etc
  • smoke_em_if_you_got_emsmoke_em_if_you_got_em Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I usually go with something along the lines of Ray Lamontagne, Jonny Lang or some Sam Cooke
  • Lately I've been just throwing on pandora on my phone and listening to zzac brown or some other country or or dave koz and some smooth jazz
  • stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Posts: 4,317
    Tons of metal, Phillip Glass, and I read....

• HeavyHeavy Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭
    fla-gypsy:
    Tchaikovsky, Allman Brothers, Lynyrd Skynyrd, Hank Williams, Stevie Ray Vaughan, etc
    Damn right gypsy. Have any Marshall Tucker Band in the mix? They're from my hometown.
  • HaysHays Posts: 2,337 ✭✭✭
    I have a Pandora station that consists of Opera, classical music, and general Rat Pack/lounge music. This is my favorite any time of day, but definitely while smoking.
    ¨The cure for anything is salt water: sweat, tears, or the sea¨ - Isak Dinesen

¨Only two people walk around in this world beardless - boys and women - and I am neither one.¨
  • fla-gypsyfla-gypsy Posts: 3,023 ✭✭
    Heavy:
    fla-gypsy:
    Damn right gypsy. Have any Marshall Tucker Band in the mix? They're from my hometown.

There are so few of us left that know and saw these bands in the day I figured nobody would know who they were. Good to see I am not the only one. I saw Marshall Tucker several times, still love that music.
  • denniskingdennisking Posts: 3,703 ✭✭✭
    the classic rock station. it just blends in
  • kingjk729kingjk729 Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭
    I am usually a metal head , but the Gorillaz Demon Days disc is just freaking amazing while toking on a cigar. Just a cool mellow chill . Try it
    fla-gypsy:
    Heavy:
    fla-gypsy:

There are so few of us left that know and saw these bands in the day I figured nobody would know who they were. Good to see I am not the only one. I saw Marshall Tucker several times, still love that music.
    They actually played here in Spartanburg a couple of weeks ago, but it was some type of biker rally and you had to be a member of something-or-another, so I didn't make it. It's just Doug Gray and some other folks now- don't know what they sound like anymore. Other than Doug, Paul Riddle is the only living original member.

However, I still catch the Allman Bros every single chance I get. There's nothing like an A-Bros show, except for maybe a good ol Greatful Dead show - because there was NOTHING like that.
  • Joeyjoe21_8Joeyjoe21_8 Posts: 2,048
    Im more gangsta then anyone here...i listen to Polka music when i smoke! lol
    Joeyjoe21_8:
    Im more gangsta then anyone here...i listen to Polka music when i smoke! lol
    Dude, you ARE hardcore!
  • j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    When I listen to music while smoking, it is usually a mood decision. Generally though I like something more on the mellow side of things.
  • jsnakejsnake Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭✭✭
    When I smoke I want good convo and light music. I love me some Sevendust, Staind, Alice in Chains, etc but when smoking I can't rock cuz my ash will fall off. I prefer something like jazz, Enya, etc.
  • mrpillowmrpillow Posts: 464
    fla-gypsy:
    Heavy:
    fla-gypsy:

Those bands and a huge number of groups from past generations are still immensely popular with the youth today. Don't assume they're dying, they're still very much alive!
  • j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    mrpillow:
    fla-gypsy:
    Heavy:
    fla-gypsy:

Those bands and a huge number of groups from past generations are still immensely popular with the youth today. Don't assume they're dying, they're still very much alive!
    So true.

In the vein of newer music, I've been enjoying Light from Matisyahu recently, probably not to everyone's taste, but I think it's a pretty good album.
  • Ususally Atmosphere. Other than that metal/jazz/blues.
  • Sandman1amSandman1am Posts: 2,567
    I've been doing some things around the house with as much time off that I have had from work. Might be time to run the speakers outside so I can listen to music without having to take the small radio in and out all the time.
    As far as music I listen to just about anything but it depends on my mood. Sometimes I listen to rap, R&B, and Hip Hop, other times I like Country, top 20, Classic Rock, I even like the 50's through current music. Gotta love XM cause I will sometimes even listen to sports talk or even comdey. Ya I pretty much listen to whatever I'm feeling that day.