Home Non Cigar Related

Favorite Horror Movie

gripnripgripnrip Posts: 502 ✭✭✭
Since it's the season, was wondering-what is everone's favorite horror movie? Mine is "The Exorcist". Am so old I actually saw it in the movie theater-lol! Scared the %**^$ out of me....

Comments

• kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    i like bad low budget horror movies.

DEAD ALIVE is great...

Satan's Cheerleaders is another one i am proud to have on DVD (not an easy find)

Slumber Party Massacre is a good series as well.

other favorites include Slither (though not low budget), Black Sheep, Rest Stop, and The Italian Zombie Movie

• DiamondogDiamondog Posts: 4,169
    The Exorcist ruined all other horror movies for me.....nothing comes close to that...Just picked this one up in blu-ray, special edition with orig version and directors cut...haven't had a chance to watch yet took a quick look at it look amazing!
  • wwhwangwwhwang Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭
    My dad made me watch The Exorcist when I was about 5 or 6. Explains how I am today, I guess :P. But yes, The Exorcist is one of my favorite horror movies. That and my love for zombie horror movies. Two video games that kept freaking me the hell out are Fatal Frame 2 and Dead Space.
  • bandyt09bandyt09 Posts: 4,335 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I love the Evil Dead "Trilogy"............
  • stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Posts: 4,317
    The Thing, Quarantine, and a new addition Let the Right One In (NOT THE AMERICAN REMAKE!)

• ENFIDLENFIDL Posts: 5,836
    Nightmare on Elm Street - All of them except the remake which was total bs! I always loved Freddy because he had personality where as the others did not. The Strangers, Silent Hill, Evil Dead series, Paranormal Activity 1-2, Hellraiser, Event Horizon, Rampage, and pretty much all the others. I'm a HUGE horror film lover!
  • HeavyHeavy Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭
    The ones that always stuck out to me were The Amityville Horror (original, scared me to death as a kid), The Shining and of course The Exorsist. Does anyone remember a movie called Phantasm? That one was creepy as hell too!

Although, most of my memories of horror films were from when I was a kid, so if I saw them now I might not like them like I once did.
  • PsychoSJGPsychoSJG Posts: 766 ✭✭✭
    I love Nightmare on Elm Street. It's a great mix of comedy and horror (Freddy is such a smart ass). And the only movie to ever scare me as a kid, was IT. IT was some **** up goodness.
    Heavy:
    The ones that always stuck out to me were The Amityville Horror (original, scared me to death as a kid), The Shining and of course The Exorsist. Does anyone remember a movie called Phantasm? That one was creepy as hell too!

Although, most of my memories of horror films were from when I was a kid, so if I saw them now I might not like them like I once did.
    Man, I tried to watch Phantasm as a kid and I couldn't finish it, forward to somewhere in my 30's I bought it for $9.99 figuring I could make it through, NOPE. That movie is just freaky........
    PsychoSJG:
    And the only movie to ever scare me as a kid, was IT. IT was some **** up goodness.
    Reading this just made me feel OLD.............. I read the book and loved it then the movie came out when I was in my 20's.........
  • j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    bandyt09:
    Heavy:

Man, I tried to watch Phantasm as a kid and I couldn't finish it, forward to somewhere in my 30's I bought it for $9.99 figuring I could make it through, NOPE. That movie is just freaky........
    That movie freaked me out too when I watched it, and I don't freak out easily when it comes to scary movies.
  • jsnakejsnake Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭✭✭
    EVIL DEAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Bruce Campbell is the man.
  • boydmcgowanboydmcgowan Posts: 1,101
    Halloween 1, both the original with Jaime Lee-Curtis and the remake by Rob Zombie a few years back. The remake was freaking excellent, way better than I was expecting. The first Friday the 13th was pretty solid too, I guess nothing special, but alot of fun.

And no one's mentioning the Ring . . . . Thats definitely a cool flick. The second one stunk in my opinion, but the first one was good.
  • Garen BGaren B Posts: 977
    Night of the Living Dead, Dawn of the Dead, Shawn of the Dead, The Thing, IT (damn clowns...). Does Alien count as horror? As you can tell, I'm in to zombies :D
  • LukoLuko Posts: 2,003 ✭✭
    I'm not a fan of horror movies, but the one that scared me balls off as a kid was The Shining. I nearly *** my pants when that kids truckin down the hall on his big wheel...granted, I was only about 7 or something when I saw it.
  • PuroFreakPuroFreak Posts: 4,131 ✭✭
    I'm not a huge horroe movie fan either, but I always thought Nosferatu was a cool classic flick. One of the few silent movies I really like.
  • gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    The one that still scares the he_ll outta me ... Presidential Election 2008 ... sorry couldn't resist !
  • The SniperThe Sniper Posts: 3,910
    jsnake:
    EVIL DEAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Bruce Campbell is the man.
    The whole damned trilogy! With rapist trees & timeless quotes like "BOOMSTICK", how anyone could ever argue that these films are not classics I will never know. :-D Good call Jake!

Anyone here catch Thirteen Ghosts? I thought that was a good flick even though a lot seemingly didnt. The ghosts were all WAY creepy, and Shannon Elizabeth always gets my attention! Wonder whatever happened to her....

Also, The Blair Witch Project was a good one!

• Pacman84Pacman84 Posts: 2,753 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Exorcist ofcourse and Nightmare on Elm Street.
  • PuroFreakPuroFreak Posts: 4,131 ✭✭
    gmill880:
    The one that still scares the he_ll outta me ... Presidential Election 2008 ... sorry couldn't resist !
    HAAAAHAHAHA + **** **** 1!!! haha
  • Rob1110Rob1110 Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭
    My top three were already mentioned: The Thing, Evil Dead and Night of the Living Dead (the 90 remake by Tom Savini). Honorable mentions that haven't been mentioned yet would be Pumpkinhead and Rawhead Rex (very cheezy).

Oh, and anything with Matt Damon, Ben Affleck or Vin Diesel. It scares me that these jackasses still get roles.
  • lilwing88lilwing88 Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭
    I'm a product of the 80s...... Friday the 13th, Nightmare on Elm Street, Halloween...... all the slashers are my favorites.
    Guns don't kill people, Daddies with pretty daughters do…..
  • ug danug dan Posts: 375
    Jaws, I'm still scared of the water!
  • kingjk729kingjk729 Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭
    boydmcgowan:
    Halloween 1, both the original with Jaime Lee-Curtis and the remake by Rob Zombie a few years back. The remake was freaking excellent, way better than I was expecting. The first Friday the 13th was pretty solid too, I guess nothing special, but alot of fun.

And no one's mentioning the Ring . . . . Thats definitely a cool flick. The second one stunk in my opinion, but the first one was good.

+1 on both Halloween's listed and also The Thing
  • PsychoSJGPsychoSJG Posts: 766 ✭✭✭
    Anyone here catch Thirteen Ghosts? I thought that was a good flick even though a lot seemingly didnt. The ghosts were all WAY creepy, and Shannon Elizabeth always gets my attention! Wonder whatever happened to her....

+1... And what about the Hostel movies?
    Another one I can't make it through is Pet Sematary and I am a HUGE Stephen King fan. I have read all his books and seen all his movies except this damn one. Yes, it does really piss me off, LOL.......
  • Nick2021Nick2021 Posts: 938 ✭✭
    The Grudge, Ring, and SAW were good initial movies until they decided to make 5 different versions/sequels of each movie...hate it when sequels give a decent movie a bad rep
  • stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Posts: 4,317
    Just watched the Crazies... loved it.

• ejenne87ejenne87 Posts: 1,925 ✭✭
    stephen_hannibal:

I saw it for the third time just the other day, I really enjoy that movie!
  • docbp87docbp87 Posts: 3,521
    stephen_hannibal:

The original is awesome. Did not care for the remake.

Some favorites of mine: Dellamorte Dellamore, Blood and Black Lace, The Devils, Profondo Rosso, Black Sabbath (I Tre Volta Nella Paura), At Midnight I'll Take Your Soul, From Beyond...