Home General Discussion

Calling All Aj Fernandez Fans

Alex_SvensonAlex_Svenson Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭
Some of his best new creations are rolling in from this years releases. If you have not tried them all or were not aware of what they are, here is a quick list.

Man O War Armada (Mid November)
San Lotano (in stock, phone only)
San Miguel (in stock)
Diesel Unlimited (in stock)
Ave Maria (in stock)
Morro Castle (mid to late November)

All great stuff, really amazing. Everyone knows I am a total AJ nut case so it goes without saying. Any questions, let me know but you guys are going to want to add these to your list of stuff to try. I have been smoking Diesel Unlimited and San Lotano Habano like crazy. Ave Maria just landed and I love the corona. Looking forward to the other stuff.

Comments

• Can't wait Alex! Keep us posted on the new arrivals.
  • Joeyjoe21_8Joeyjoe21_8 Posts: 2,048
    I really want the armada and the maria, and morro castle....let me know when they are available so i can get these my friend...and is the trip still on?
  • wwhwangwwhwang Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭
    Really can't wait to try all these out. Any way we can get an AJ sampler of these new releases?
  • Alex_SvensonAlex_Svenson Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭
    ill try to work up a sampler but it may be december by the time i have enough inventory and armada for sure wont be in it just because of availability. what few I had for samplers are going in the christmas top tier sampler and for cigar of the month club sign ups. I will keep you guys posted. One good item that has both the ave maria and the san miguel in it is the "best of show sampler" we just built which has our top RTDA picks from 2010, all new releases this year. You can check it out here

http://www.cigar.com/cigars/viewCigar.asp?prod=SP-CIGASST39-1

A good value, 12 sticks for $49.95 and includes an expensive graycliff and the new 93 rated la aroma de cuba mi amor. This is the item on the cover of our new catalog which is hitting homes right now. Oh yes, and before anyone asks, the oliva connecticut is not a new line but this 60 ring is new for 2010 which is why we picked it. If you like this blend, the 6 x 60 is a beast.
  • j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    So he does make San Miguel, I've been really impressed with that cigar. He's really on a roll this year, and I thought he was making some great cigars before, but he's really upped his game.
    Alex Svenson:
    ill try to work up a sampler but it may be december by the time i have enough inventory and armada for sure wont be in it just because of availability. what few I had for samplers are going in the christmas top tier sampler and for cigar of the month club sign ups. I will keep you guys posted. One good item that has both the ave maria and the san miguel in it is the "best of show sampler" we just built which has our top RTDA picks from 2010, all new releases this year. You can check it out here

A good value, 12 sticks for $49.95 and includes an expensive graycliff and the new 93 rated la aroma de cuba mi amor. This is the item on the cover of our new catalog which is hitting homes right now. Oh yes, and before anyone asks, the oliva connecticut is not a new line but this 60 ring is new for 2010 which is why we picked it. If you like this blend, the 6 x 60 is a beast.
    What is the word on the Graycliff? Is it an altered blend of the White Label, or just a new vitola? Love that blend. Really looking forward to trying the Ave Maria too, have heard good things.
  • Russ55Russ55 Posts: 2,765 ✭✭
    Looks like I'll be making a call Monday morning.
  • Nick2021Nick2021 Posts: 938 ✭✭
    Man, CCom is going to make me broke lol so much to choose from
    It's a small batch run of either 50k or 30k cigars. I forget off the top of my head as I am not by my notes. Habano wrapper the had made in a small Nicaraguan factory. 2 years cedar aging after rolling. Strength profile is similar to the crystal but the blend is competely different. I smoked one and thought it was pretty good. I think I still prefer the original crystal but this one had some nice aging notes to it.
  • denniskingdennisking Posts: 3,703 ✭✭✭
    AJ is the cigar Messiah. Alex is his Prophet. 'nuff said.
  • bandyt09bandyt09 Posts: 4,335 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just ordered this:

http://www.cigar.com/cigars/viewCigar.asp?prod=SP-CIGASST117

and this

Finally something that makes my birthday and Christmas so close together worth it. Thanks Alex!
    dennisking:
    I thought the Beard was the Messiah???
  • wwhwangwwhwang Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭
    Nick2021:
    dennisking:
    I thought the Beard was the Messiah???
    There is no blender but AJ and The Beard is his merchant.
  • fla-gypsyfla-gypsy Posts: 3,023 ✭✭
    There is no blender but AJ and The Beard is his merchant.
  • rwheelwrightrwheelwright Posts: 3,296
    Alex Svenson:
    ill try to work up a sampler but it may be december by the time i have enough inventory and armada for sure wont be in it just because of availability. what few I had for samplers are going in the christmas top tier sampler and for cigar of the month club sign ups.
    Any news for current club members and the Armada?
    rwheelwright:
    Alex Svenson:
    ill try to work up a sampler but it may be december by the time i have enough inventory and armada for sure wont be in it just because of availability. what few I had for samplers are going in the christmas top tier sampler and for cigar of the month club sign ups.
    New signups after 11/1 should get a three pack gratis with their first months shipment. I am working on something for existing members who want to get in on it so they dont have to quit and sign back up. The boxes wont be in until mid november now. I got a few sticks in to accommodate the top tier sampler.
    I stand corrected in my statement, thanks for the clarification lol
    Alex Svenson:
    It's a small batch run of either 50k or 30k cigars. I forget off the top of my head as I am not by my notes. Habano wrapper the had made in a small Nicaraguan factory. 2 years cedar aging after rolling. Strength profile is similar to the crystal but the blend is competely different. I smoked one and thought it was pretty good. I think I still prefer the original crystal but this one had some nice aging notes to it.
    Very cool, I really like the Crystal so I'd be interested to see where this is similar and where it differs. Another question, do you recall the dimensions?
  • KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
    Alex Svenson:
    rwheelwright:
    Alex Svenson:
    New signups after 11/1 should get a three pack gratis with their first months shipment. I am working on something for existing members who want to get in on it so they dont have to quit and sign back up. The boxes wont be in until mid november now. I got a few sticks in to accommodate the top tier sampler.
    are you still thinking about some kind of mow armada 5pk deal or something for us lowly forum members? If not, that's cool, I know these sticks are in very short supply and wanna save them for COTMC sign ups.

"Long ashes my friends."

• kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    have any more info on the Morro Castle?
    Krieg:
    Alex Svenson:
    rwheelwright:
    Alex Svenson:
    are you still thinking about some kind of mow armada 5pk deal or something for us lowly forum members? If not, that's cool, I know these sticks are in very short supply and wanna save them for COTMC sign ups.
    From the top tier sampler thread:
    Alex Svenson:
    wwhwang:
    Oh yeah. I almost forgot. Is there any word on the COTM Armada 3 pack and the 3 pack Armadas for 20 bucks for active CCom BOTL?
    We will be doing a limited number of 3 packs at a special marketing price for a limited number of customers when they land. Wont be until mid november at least. Not sure how many will be available and what is will be a strict limit of one per customer. Only 300 boxes for 2010 and probably only 300 for all of next year. Will keep you guys posted. All new COMC signups after 11/1 will get the three pack with their first months shipment since they go out at the end of each month.
    Morro is a nice smoke. Sumatra Ecuador wrapper in a medium/ medium to full format. Cigars are supposed to have a sharp price but I don't have all the info though I have smoked a couple. Nice blend, with some round complexity and balance. Morro castle is a famous lighthouse in Cuba. Should be promising.
  • lilwing88lilwing88 Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭
    Just smoked the San Lotano Maduro and Habano. Both really good. I have to favor the habano slightly. It was a bit more complex and burned very nicely. The maduro was very full but didn't have too much going on flavor-wise. Although, it was pretty smooth. I think it will improve with some age. I can't wait to try the others.
    Guns don't kill people, Daddies with pretty daughters do…..
  • ljlljl Posts: 819
    The new catalog was a great surprise. I was drooling over all the new AJ blends. The wife referred to me as a "cigar nerd" when I told her that AJ seems to be doing some great things with a Sungrown Sumatra Ecuador wrapper right now. If there is a new AJ dirty dozen with a few of the latest blends out there, I will be in.
  • Quick question about the San Miguel - I picked these up and was doing a little research trying to find out about them.  I see K. Hansotia has a trademark for San Miguel in the tobacco category as of March 2010, are these made by A.J. for him or is that unrelated?
  • ScottTDawgScottTDawg Posts: 206 ✭✭
    Krieg:
    Alex Svenson:
    rwheelwright:
    Alex Svenson:

+1!!!!!

• xmacroxmacro Posts: 3,402
    Alex Svenson:
    Some of his best new creations are rolling in from this years releases. If you have not tried them all or were not aware of what they are, here is a quick list.

Man O War Armada (Mid November)
    San Lotano (in stock, phone only)
    San Miguel (in stock)
    Diesel Unlimited (in stock)
    Ave Maria (in stock)
    Morro Castle (mid to late November)

All great stuff, really amazing. Everyone knows I am a total AJ nut case so it goes without saying. Any questions, let me know but you guys are going to want to add these to your list of stuff to try. I have been smoking Diesel Unlimited and San Lotano Habano like crazy. Ave Maria just landed and I love the corona. Looking forward to the other stuff.
    Hey Alex, could you give us some tips on what kinda body each of these has? Any tasting notes would be appreciated as well. I like a lot of AJ's stuff, but not everything, so some insight into what to expect from these new cigars would be much appreciated
  • zeebrazeebra Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭
    Yes, I would also like to know what you were thinking of for forum members on the armada? I dont mind waiting for it, I just want a deal on em.

Just from memory, I think you said you were going to do a 3 pack for $20 on the Armada's for forum members...

Thanks!

Found it....

Alex Svenson: Indeed. Whatever I work out for the forum will be a smaller pack so that guys can try it. I realize this is a very expensive cigar and I need to make it accessible to some of our big supporters. It has not been a tough sell to get my marketing people to support my programs for the forum. You guys are a very vocal group and have been very supportive of Cigar.com so I am always wanting to find ways to support you. I have some extra money in the budget this year and if I can use it to make these accessible by selling below cost, I think it is still a win win. Im thinking 3 for $20 (with free shipping). I am taking a bit of a bath, but not huge and I respect that even at $7 a stick that is more than some guys usually like to spend so I think it works out as a decent compromise. I will most likely be limited to 50 packs and I can assure you, you wont see these things on sale or discounted beyond the box price ever so it will be a one and only shot kind of thing. With only 10,000 cigars a year, they may end up going out of stock for long periods of time. When you think about it, that is really only about 300 boxes for a whole year.
    You guys are funny... if you look a little higher up on this page, I had quoted Alex from the other thread about the Armada. Just sayin...