Home Ratings & Reviews

Unknown Gurkha

An acquaintance recently gave me a Gurkha cigar. He stated that he didn't like dark wrappers. This stick was exactly 4" by about 45 (certainly not a cigarillo) and smooth sided like a robusto (I think) with a typical blunt head. It had a dark maduro wrapper and a standard large gold Gurkha band which appeared to be too large for the stick. It was sealed in celophane so I don't think it had been shortened. I have not been able to identify it and my friend doesn't remember where he got it. Having smoked machine made cigars many years ago I have just taken up the hobby of enjoying a good cigar. This Gurkha was, for me by far, the best smoke I've ever tasted. It had a long burn for its size and was amazingly rich in body and flavor. Can anyone help me? I'd be happy to learn of another smoke that might come close. Thanks.

George

Comments

• j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    Gurkha has a couple lines of cigarillos that are 4 x 50, perhaps you got one of those.

Check out these links.

G Series

Exotica de Oriente

K Series

Well, maybe it is one of those.

Joe
  • 6clicks6clicks Posts: 34

Thanks so much Joe!! I believe you've hit it on the head for me with the G series 4X50 madura. Now I just have to find a supplier and pick up a box. Do you have any idea of another smoke that might be similar that won't break my piggy bank?

Tonight I had a Camacho which was enjoyable with a sip of  Sambuca but not even close to the Gurkha in body and complexity.

George

• j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    6clicks:

Do you have any idea of another smoke that might be similar that won't break my piggy bank?

Hey George, I'm glad I was able to help you out.

I really wouldn't be able to recommend anything similar as I've not sampled any of the small Gurkhas, so I can't be of any help in that respect. Hopefully you're able to find a supplier for those G series without much trouble, they sound interesting to me so I may look into buying some one of these days myself.

Take it easy.

Joe
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    CAO makes some good tins. some like the 5 vegas shorty. Cohiba red dot has a few tins also. The Fuente factory puts out some smaller smokes but they are in boxes and not tins. the short story is a good cigar if you like a cameroon wrapper.
  • 6clicks6clicks Posts: 34

I I.D.'d the stick by calling Gurkha in FL. It's a Legend. It's custom made by Gurkha in that size especially for "T" cigars. I asked the people at "T" if I could get some and they didn't know what I was talking about. Pretty annoying, but I'm not dealing with them any more. I am, however going to try a tin of the G Series maduro if I can find a dealer that carries them.That's my next quest.

George