Home Non Cigar Related

When it Rains it Pours...

PuroFreakPuroFreak Posts: 4,131 ✭✭
Just have to vent for a minute because I'm extremely pissed off.
So my car took a big old sh*t on me a couple weeks ago when the intake gasket blew and allowed coolant to leak all over the place causing it to overheat. Luckily I caught it and got it fix before any more damage was done. Then the very day I get it back. I am leaving to head home and the damn thing dies on me. Turns out the crank shaft sensor went out. Not a big deal, but still a few more days without a car and about another $60. Well this morning my wife woke me up to tell me her car wouldn't start, and once it finally did, it would sputter and blow clouds of white smoke out the exhaust. Probably a blown head gasket leaking coolant into the engine. So after I get my car back I'll be dropping who knows how much to get her car, which happens to be our family car, fixed... Then after finding out about all of that this morning, the **** tornado sirens start going off in my town... Time to head for the closet! No tornado at my house luckily, but crazy weather all over around here and now I'm at work. WHAT A **** DAY!

Comments

• GoldyGoldy Posts: 1,638 ✭✭
    Jeez, looks like you got a trifecta going there.
  • Garen BGaren B Posts: 977
    Damn dude, you must have pissed off the big man upstairs for all that. At least the storm has sorta blown over, now get out there and smoke a cigar!
  • PuroFreakPuroFreak Posts: 4,131 ✭✭
    Garen B:
    Damn dude, you must have pissed off the big man upstairs for all that. At least the storm has sorta blown over, now get out there and smoke a cigar!
    I will tomorrow once I'm off work and take the mother-in-law to the airport. Probably catch a short nap and fire up a smoke during the afternoon football game. I think it's probably your fault about the weather! It followed you back from Lubbock! haha
  • Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
    OUCH, sorry to hear that! Sometimes it just goes like this, hang in there, it WILL get better, although, experience tells me it may get worse first. Sorry, but, deep breaths, faith, it WILL get better.
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
    Amos Umwhat:
    OUCH, sorry to hear that! Sometimes it just goes like this, hang in there, it WILL get better, although, experience tells me it may get worse first. Sorry, but, deep breaths, faith, it WILL get better.
    At least I've got a few good cigars and a bottle of scotch waiting on me at home. I'm thinking I'll try the new La Aurora 107... That should numb the pain a little.
  • jsnakejsnake Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That sucks.
  • HaysHays Posts: 2,337 ✭✭✭
    I'm sorry to hear this man.. I definitely know how you feel - a large part of the beginning of this year sure felt the same.

On a literal note, however... been raining on and off the past couple days (lightly)... now it's effin pouring down buckets and 25-40mph winds... f*ck me.
    ¨The cure for anything is salt water: sweat, tears, or the sea¨ - Isak Dinesen

¨Only two people walk around in this world beardless - boys and women - and I am neither one.¨
  • KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
    That sucks Puro, but look at the bright side, I saved a bunch of money by switching my car insurance to Geico ;)

"Long ashes my friends."

Krieg:
    That sucks Puro, but look at the bright side, I saved a bunch of money by switching my car insurance to Geico ;)
    LOL Thanks Kreig! That made it all better! Damn, you always know just what to say! haha
  • HaysHays Posts: 2,337 ✭✭✭
    Krieg:
    LMAO
    ¨The cure for anything is salt water: sweat, tears, or the sea¨ - Isak Dinesen

¨Only two people walk around in this world beardless - boys and women - and I am neither one.¨
  • gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    Damn bro ... I could have told you what caused all this . The big guy upstairs is pissed because you pulled for the Saints in last years SB !!! Oh and by the way , he's still mad , thats why he let the Brownies kick'em around today . Seriously man sorry to hear about all that. Nothing puts ya in a worse mood than car trouble.
  • Sandman1amSandman1am Posts: 2,567
    Krieg:
    LMAO glad I don't drink when I'm reading these posts. Sorry about your cars and bad weather but it will get better. Lot of this going around we just need to stick together as BORKs.
    Thanks everyone for the wishes, and it continues... Got my car out of the shop and it ran great for about a day, then started running rough, check engine light came on, and died just before getting back to the mechanic... Fun fun!
  • phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    what kind of car? Sounds like a real headache.
    It's an 01 Chevy Blazer. Just found out it spun a rod bearing. The worst part is that the engine is only about 2 years old. I believe it is still under warranty so this shouldn't be a problem, but it still pisses me off and I'm still without my damn car...
    Just wanted to request some thoughts and prayers for my wife and family. We just found out her grandmother is about to pass away. Her kidneys are shutting down and she only has a few days to live. She lives in Florida and we are of course in Texas, and with both cars broken down it is not a good time around here. My wife's mother if flying here tomorrow and they are going to rent a car and take off driving Wednesday morning for Florida. Needless to say I'm pretty worried about my wife, her mother, and our 2 year old driving that far on their own, but I can't get off work so don't really have a choice right now... Just asking for prayers and thoughts for them to make a safe trip. Thanks everyone.
  • laker1963laker1963 Posts: 5,046
    You got it Jason. Hoping they have a safe and speedy trip.
  • kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    Thoughts are with you and your family Jason...
  • Sandman1amSandman1am Posts: 2,567
    Thoughts and prayers to you and yours. Safe travel to your family.
    Thanks for your thoughts and prayers guys.
  • gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    best wishes and good thoughts coming your way brother every day till things turn for you ...
    Well my wife and son are now home and safe! They arrived around noon today and I am very happy! My lil one is asleep in his own bed now and my wife's mom and her boyfriend are here. I have to take them to the airport around 3:00am so I have a few hours to kill... The days of peace and quiet around the house were nice, but I'm glad it's over!

Thanks everyone for your thoughts and prayers!